The dreaded 'moobs'

Options

Replies

• JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. Good for you, and keep on going!
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Something which I always battled with was my 'man boobs'. I could never wear fitted t-shirts because they would become so prominent, and even having lost weight they just never seemed to reduce in size.

The first picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, and since then I have incorporated my own workouts which prove to quite effective. I introduced weight lifting to try and target the area and turned 'rowers' into something which I deem far more intense...and I guess this picture can show the results.

I've never had the courage to post a topless weight comparison picture..but this one I genuinely feel proud enough to post. I notice that my tummy has also toned down a bit too..hallelujah!

jZZnfsWl.jpg

Just bench every other day with a lot of sets, those will disappear. Mine used to be huge and my chest changed dramatically with a lot of bench presses.
  • Sonja1211
    Sonja1211 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, you're doing great!! There's a notable difference!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Something which I always battled with was my 'man boobs'. I could never wear fitted t-shirts because they would become so prominent, and even having lost weight they just never seemed to reduce in size.

The first picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, and since then I have incorporated my own workouts which prove to quite effective. I introduced weight lifting to try and target the area and turned 'rowers' into something which I deem far more intense...and I guess this picture can show the results.

I've never had the courage to post a topless weight comparison picture..but this one I genuinely feel proud enough to post. I notice that my tummy has also toned down a bit too..hallelujah!

jZZnfsWl.jpg

That is excellent progress for only three weeks!!!
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    Heyy good job, awesome results so far! Keep it up!
    I can definitely see a difference. Good for you, and keep on going!

Thank you both!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, go to your doctor and request a referral to an endocrinologist.

Talk to the endocrinologist. They can probably help.

In all likelihood you are producing too many estrogens.

https://www.clinicalkey.com/topics/endocrinology/gynecomastia.html
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nice job :drinker:

I have to say I'm a moob fan, so I am disappoint.
  • jjdiggy
    Options

jZZnfsWl.jpg

Just bench every other day with a lot of sets, those will disappear. Mine used to be huge and my chest changed dramatically with a lot of bench presses.

Thank you! I've been doing basic rowers. Well, I say basic. I bend down and put one hand on something around 2ft high from the ground, and then I pull the weight up to my shoulder, twist my body around (feet still on the floor) and then pull the weight over my chest into a bench-press style, the punch it towards the ceiling and back down. (I hope that makes sense).

We don't have a proper bench to sit on yet so I am having to make do. But it seems to be working! Congrats on your lost!
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I need to try them thanks for the info! Id rather have the beer belly linger than the moobs I hate them!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Keep it up, you're doing great!! There's a notable difference!

Thank you so much!!
  • jjdiggy
    Options

jZZnfsWl.jpg

That is excellent progress for only three weeks!!!

It's pushing three weeks! Roughly about 2.5 weeks! I was also surprised when I compared the two! Thank you!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.

Fat produces estrogen, so while you continue to lose fat, you'll be dropping your estrogen, which will disfavor the moob fat distribution pattern.

Eventually you can get a different sort of moob...

Chris-Hemsworth-shirtless-Down-Under.jpg
  • cld1075
    cld1075 Posts: 25
    Options
    Good job!!!! You can obviously see that the work is paying off. Be proud!!! :)
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is amazing the results you've gotten in such a short time! Congrats! You look great!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    In all seriousness, go to your doctor and request a referral to an endocrinologist.

I don't think that'd be necessary. With fat loss comes estrogen loss.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Nice job :drinker:

I have to say I'm a moob fan, so I am disappoint.

Don't worry, the moobs will be back except no more sag, or as big, or as lady like and this time primarily muscle.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    thats only 3 weeks? go you!

at one point i was convinced i'd need surgery to get rid of my moobs, but it just takes paitence and eating correctly.

its frustrating as hell that they are the last thing to come off, and the first thing to come back on.

Although, because i tend to carry more fat in my chest then most men, i can actually see abs at a fairly high BF% because i DON"T store fat where a lot of guys typically do. so i did a lot of ab work to capitalize on that. figured no one could call me fat if i had abs lol

wasn't really happy till i ditched the moobs though, i've been in and out of the trainning bra ever since lol
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    I need to try them thanks for the info! Id rather have the beer belly linger than the moobs I hate them!

No problem! As you can see they've been quite effective as is! And oh me too, that's why I currently don't like wearing tight clothes (as much as I would like to flaunt my loss) because they were prominent in proportion to the rest of my body.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

I don't think that'd be necessary. With fat loss comes estrogen loss.

if the hormones effect it, they've done thier job at a specific developemental period and that ship has basically sailed already
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Keep up the good work.

Fat produces estrogen, so while you continue to lose fat, you'll be dropping your estrogen, which will disfavor the moob fat distribution pattern.

Eventually you can get a different sort of moob...

Chris-Hemsworth-shirtless-Down-Under.jpg

Thank you! And yes, hopefully!! Maybe the same body to go with it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!