Any tall women out there?

Options

Replies

• tabithalobster
    tabithalobster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    6'2" here. Started at 261lb, now 223. Aiming for 180, so I'm almost half way there. Jeans size dropped from a 20 and now 18 is a bit big but 16 is a bit tight (although I can zip them up!). I don't think I'll wear smaller than a 14 due to build, but I'm OK with that. Being able to shop other than plus sizes will make me happy......
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress photos, thanks for posting!

I'm 5'10'' and started at 102.4 kg. I think my goal weight might be a bit above 70 kg, but that remains to see.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I am also a tall woman who has seen success! I'm 5'11 and I've lost that many lbs (points to ticker). I started at 215 lbs, so just subtract that. I started in size 16 jeans (and they were TIGHT). I'm now in size 14 and they're a little baggy in the thigh (they're The Flirt by old navy-- so a little stretchy!). In dresses I was a solid 16. With 40 lbs lost, I am a size 12 dress. I'm also now a normal BMI. I want to get down to 149 lbs (66 lbs lost).
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"
    SW: 210 (a very tight size 14)
    CW: 163 (size 10)
    GW: 150 (who knows?)

I'm about 3 pounds away from my high school weight. I'm 33, so that was a while ago! I really thought I would probably bump my GW up when I hit 160, as I couldn't imagine being any smaller than I was in high school. I'm pear shaped, though, and I still have some work to do on my bottom half. However, I'm focusing less and less on weight loss and more on strength training.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread to read! Very encouraging!

I'm 5'10" and started at 330 pounds. At that point I wore a size 26 but now, at 270, I'm in 24s and 22s (so glad I saved those jeans!). I'm hoping to get to a 12 or so. GW is 150-160 (I have a small frame) depending on how I look and feel when I get there.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    In for tall, hot ladies. :bigsmile:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 10 large frame starting at 239 size 16 jeans tight fit...now 215 still size 16 loose fit. I dont remember ever being below a 16...I know I was as I was bypassing it at age 10 or 12. Even when I got married to my late hubby back in 1984 I was a size 20. I am aiming for a 14 but who knows maybe there is a chance to go smaller. Its uncharted territory.
    Anyone who wants a tall friend is welcome to add me.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    add me tall ladies :)

6'1
    UK
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    In for tall, hot ladies. :bigsmile:

Also in.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    5'10!

Started at 200lbs, currently at 164 lbs.

My initial goal was 150 but I've got a pretty tiny frame and don't carry weight well at ALL, so I'm shooting lower.

Last I checked, I was a size 13-14. I no longer wear pants though (just skirts and dresses and leggings) so I don't know my current size hah.

tumblr_n9ae7ytUmQ1qz5u0co1_1280resized.jpg
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I'm 5'10.5 myself. Not a success yet...but 1/3 of the way there now :)
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Options
    Great Thread! I am 5'11 and weigh 182. At my heavist I was 196! I wear a size ten, but hopefully once i lose ten more pounds I will be back in my size 8 jeans! :)
  • Karendrae
    Karendrae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bumping this awesomen thread again!

I am 6'0. My starting weight was 300lbs. Using myfitnesspal, eating what I love in smaller portions, working out with Gilad, and just keeping myself thinking positive.....I am now down 45lbs as of today! My goal is another 105lbs :), but I'll adjust that higher or lower when I get closer. I want to be healthy ;). My pant size was 22 but today I'm in an 18. Before my first kiddo I was a size 10 and 135lbs. We'll see!

Good luck to all! And thanks for the extra inspiration from all my tall friends in here!!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well, you all seem to be taller than me. 5'7". But I work with one girl two inches taller than me and she's filled out, very filled out, and only 5 to 10 pounds over weight. I'm next taller to her and we both understand being big.
    I'm naturally a very thick person, when I was 129 pounds, I was wearing a size 9. So my getting into those little sizes is impossible.
    I'm a size 14/16, lost 5+ and still wear 14\16. Thought not as tight.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. At my heaviest, I was 267 and wore a size 18 in everything.

I am currently 166 and wear a size 6 in pants. I have broad shoulders and generally carry most extra weight in the upper body, so I wear size large in most shirts but a few mediums will work.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    6' tall. Started at 237, size 20 pants. Now 171, size 14 pants. 66# gone, a few more to go. I'm 74 - proof that you are never too old to do this!
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and I started at around 315 lbs wearing a tight 24. The smallest I ever was was about 145, and I wore a size 10. Still I have a really large frame and 145 was really to small for me.

I'm the most comfortable around160-165. I'm still losing but my current measurements are 43-33-46 and I'm in a size 14.
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9'' - have lost 30+ pounds, size 10 pants and a medium top @ 163 pounds - still dedicated to dropping 18 more pounds.
  • Jubilea
    Jubilea Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I am so grateful to see all these comments from tall ladies! Nice to know that I am not the only one who knows that a size 6-8-10 is their size! (I wouldn't want to be rail thin- I like having some curves! :)

I'm about a size 14 now and 180lbs. My goal is to eat better and move my body more to feel better. I am used to being about 156 and a size 8 in Canada. Feel free to add me if you'd like some new pals. I have used the calorie tracker before but never thought to use the community available as well :)
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is such a brilliant thread!
    I'm 6ft, highest weight was 278lb. I don't clearly know my size because I lived in leggings! I think I was around 20/22- snug!
    I'm now 231lb and I put on size 16 (UK) skinnys straight from the dryer this morning and didn't have a muffin top! It's so interesting to see the size 10s and 8s ect, I never believed I could get there but now I'm starting to hope.
    While I'm here on a tall thread, what calories did you successful ladies generally eat? MFP has me on 1370 at the moment... Seems a bit harsh for a 6ft obese woman.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!