Friday NSV - Post yours below

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
I'll go first:

The shirt that goes with my favorite Friday work outfit is too big!

Replies

• Happymelz
    Options
    Come on guys!
    There has to be something that happened this week that is a NSV for you.
    :smile:
  • MzSmythe
    MzSmythe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My jeans are looser!! I can fit two fingers down the waistband today!
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'll play!! And congrats on your NSV!!!

1) Although I often feel guilty for taking time away from my family to exercise, I realized finally that I have to take care of myself to be strong and at my best for everyone else. If that means taking a few extra hours a week to improve my health, so be it.

2) I had to purchase lunch one day this week, which I rarely ever do during the work week. As I was enjoying my baked chips and healthy turkey sandwich with lots of veggies, I remembered how, just 2 years ago, I ate lunch out every single day. I always made the worst possible choices and calorie laden options. Yay me for changing my life and making good, healthy choices!!

3) A pair of jeans I bought not long ago are so loose I had to wear a belt to keep from hitching them up all day.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies last night (to see Guardians of the Galaxy, YAY!!) and enjoyed some M&M's, popcorn, hotdog, and water. When I got on the scale this morning, I stayed the same weight! I didn't gain! Before I would have eaten SO MUCH FOOD that I would have given up on my new way of life. But now I see every once in awhile I can have treats and not completely get out of control with my new healthy life style.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For work today I'm wearing a peplum style top that I bought around January and it was cute then but definitely needed a cardigan over it to avoid showing little lumps here and there. Now it actually looks great with no top layer, and I have realized peplum styles are super flattering on my figure since I have become tiny around the bottom of my ribcage and still have broad shoulders. Now that my pesky belly fat is smaller it is actually WELL hidden by the peplum part, and in the past it would have been accentuated by this style. Yay!
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did my workout yesterday even though I wasn't feeling great (tired, run-down). In the past I would have used that as an excuse and not done my workout but now I know that I can stay committed and a workout will help me feel better!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV everyone :)

Mine today: walking in the staff kitchen to see chips and an open bag of chocolate truffles. In the past I would have taken one or two, just because. Today I honestly went: "Meh. I don't want it."
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I biked 8.3 miles in one ride this week at an average of 10 miles/hour (instead of 2-3 miles at 6 miles per hour)....AND I've only taken prednisone for my pain twice all week.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of size 6 jeans last night! This time last year I was wearing a 14, and size 10 didn't come up over my thighs.
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This one's kinda weird, but our bathtub starts slowly draining if it goes over a certain point, so you can only fill it so high unless you want to hear it draining while you're taking a bath. A few days ago, I filled it to my usual level, got in, and realized that I needed to fill it more to actually have the water level where I like it.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My original treadmill speed is now too slow. I had to move from 2.5 to 2.8 a couple days ago, and today I had to move to 3.1
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Work is giving us a new light weight jacket as part of employee appreciation day. I went to the size chart to see what size I would order and based on my measurements, I should be a size medium! I always wear an XL. Grant it, I think the sizing seems to run a little big- but it will say medium! I'm going to be laying that jacket out everywhere with the size label visible for everyone to see :)
  • brn14me
    brn14me Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I was getting my free shirt after a 5k the lady asked me, "medium?" - I wanted to give her a hug.
    and
    Last week at a store a clerk told me about a great deal on a clearance belt. Size 30. I said that's too small, she said she's trying to ask all the small guys to see if they want it.

1 year ago I was barely fitting into 2XL and wearing 40w pants - - now I'm a Large shirt and 32w --- but in my head I don't feel like a "smaller dude"

These little NSV's certainly make my day :)
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today is my 4 year anniversary with MFP. After yo-yo dieting my entire life I finally found something that works for me. Yes, my weight still fluctuates within a 10lb range sometimes but by keeping up with MFP it doesn't get out of control like it has in the past.
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My shorts no longer hug my thighs. They flap in the breeze on my daily walk
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I no longer have to take blood pressure medication :smile:
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For the month of July, I worked out 21 out of 31 days!
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I turned down ordering breakfast at the office today...big deal for me! I'm sticking with my oatmeal and banana.
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I helped my mom move yesterday and I was able to take boxes up and down the stairs repeatedly without getting winded. I even took the stairs two at a time and did squats on the landing since I couldn't make it to the gym. It felt great! Oh, and my size 18's that I just bought three months ago, no longer fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!