Nothing works!

Options
Nevermind. lol. Everyone is an expert around here. I'll figure it out.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well theres the traditional response:

How much are you eating? Are you weighing everything with a food scale? Do you log every single thing you eat? How long have you been doing this?
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Knowing I wouldn't be so active in the holidays I've dropped down to sedentary (but still eating my exercise back). It's helped me carry on losing. Then when I go back to school in September I'll put it back up to light (and eating my exercise back).
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    You eat more calories than you think you do.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well theres the traditional response:

How much are you eating? Are you weighing everything with a food scale? Do you log every single thing you eat? How long have you been doing this?
    it's "traditional" because it's right.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Closed diary. No details about what you're doing that's not working. There's really no way for us to tell what you may or may not need to do.

How long has it been since you last saw a drop on the scale? Some people go a few weeks without seeing a loss on the scale because of water weight from exercise, sodium, hormones, etc. which can mask any fat loss that's still going on. If it's been less than three weeks or so, there may not be anything to worry about.

You're logging everything you eat? Including condiments, cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, etc? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing your portion sizes? Most people can be off in their estimates by several hundred calories when they eyeball portions. Measuring cups are better, but a food scale is going to be the most accurate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

And make sure that you've calculated your calorie goals appropriately. Remember that these are just estimates. You may need to play around a little to find what works best for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

If you're exercising and eating back your earned exercise calories, be sure that you're using accurate estimates of your burn. MFP and gym machines have a tendency to overestimate certain activities, which can cause you to eat back more calories than you need to. Even a heart rate monitor isn't 100% accurate. If you're eating those extra earned calories it might be a good idea to eat only 50-75% of those.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    eat clean and exercise...
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I log every thing . Every day. Even when on vacation away.

Right now I'm at 1480 to lose 1 pound a week.

I am mostly vegetarian with occasional fish. I don't eat processed foods or fast food. I'm particular in what my family eats in regards to ingredients...preservatives are a no-no here.

I hike and walk the dogs regularly.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    eat clean and exercise...

People keep throwing that "clean" word around... What the heck does that even mean.

Does it mean i shouldn't have lost my weight eating pizza, burritos, wendy's, pasta, etc?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tell us what you've already tried and for how long.
  • trogalicious
    Options

I am mostly vegetarian with occasional fish.

do you weigh everything you eat or estimate?
    open your diary if you really want help.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    eat ,clean and exercise...

FIFY, you forgot your comma
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I started this in 2011. I lost a lot of weight. Then I had some female complications which ended in surgery.

I gained some weight back, but nothing crazy. Now I'm just stuck here. In that time, I've logged almost every day. Now, I've been religious about logging for about 3 months and no change in weight. I measure what I eat.

I understand what is meant by eating clean. That's our goal in this home.

I will be going back to the gym soon but even that doesn't help. Seems I lose weight faster when I don't work out. Weird, but true.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I am mostly vegetarian with occasional fish. I don't eat processed foods or fast food. I'm particular in what my family eats in regards to ingredients...preservatives are a no-no here.

Might wanna try running with the dogs, or change up your workout routine. The body hits a plateau. I found Shakeology helped me break that plateau and the chocolate one is really good with milk. Also make sure you're not under eating on your calorie goal. The closer you keep it to your goal number the better so it can balance you out. Don't eat things with too much sodium either as that helps you retain water. If you are eating a lot of protein you could be gaining muscle which is a good thing. Try to measure yourself on inches instead of paying attention to the scale. The inches are what count the most.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    eat stop eat..............pick a couple days a week and eat 500 at dinner and normal the following day....................or if you're not working out.........burn some
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and relax. You know what to do but right now are stressing. maybe some meditation or yoga can help.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Thanks.

Does shakeology have gluten? I cannot have it. I'll google.

lol. I also like to chew food. I tried shakes before and by day 3 I was done with that.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I started this in 2011. I lost a lot of weight. Then I had some female complications which ended in surgery.

I gained some weight back, but nothing crazy. Now I'm just stuck here. In that time, I've logged almost every day. Now, I've been religious about logging for about 3 months and no change in weight. I measure what I eat.

I understand what is meant by eating clean. That's our goal in this home.

I will be going back to the gym soon but even that doesn't help. Seems I lose weight faster when I don't work out. Weird, but true.

Take your log to your doctor. If you are truly eating at a deficit and logging honestly, you should be losing. Weight loss happens in the kitchen and getting fit happens in the gym. So if you are eating at a deficit and honestly logging every bite, like and taste; regardless of exercise, you should be losing. If you are not, talk to your doctor. You mentioned that you had some problems and surgery, so maybe there is something medical contributing to your difficulty losing now.

ETA: every bite, LICK and taste! Sorry!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Might wanna try running with the dogs, or change up your workout routine. The body hits a plateau. I found Shakeology helped me break that plateau and the chocolate one is really good with milk. Also make sure you're not under eating on your calorie goal. The closer you keep it to your goal number the better so it can balance you out. Don't eat things with too much sodium either as that helps you retain water. If you are eating a lot of protein you could be gaining muscle which is a good thing. Try to measure yourself on inches instead of paying attention to the scale. The inches are what count the most.

No to shakeology.
    No to gaining muscle while in a deficit - if she's lifting heavy there may be some newbie gains, but she's not gaining muscle if she's eating at a deficit.

You say you measure everything, are you using measuring cups or are you actually using a food scale?
    If you aren't losing you aren't at a deficit.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Closed diary. No details about what you're doing that's not working. There's really no way for us to tell what you may or may not need to do.

How long has it been since you last saw a drop on the scale? Some people go a few weeks without seeing a loss on the scale because of water weight from exercise, sodium, hormones, etc. which can mask any fat loss that's still going on. If it's been less than three weeks or so, there may not be anything to worry about.

You're logging everything you eat? Including condiments, cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, etc? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing your portion sizes? Most people can be off in their estimates by several hundred calories when they eyeball portions. Measuring cups are better, but a food scale is going to be the most accurate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

And make sure that you've calculated your calorie goals appropriately. Remember that these are just estimates. You may need to play around a little to find what works best for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

If you're exercising and eating back your earned exercise calories, be sure that you're using accurate estimates of your burn. MFP and gym machines have a tendency to overestimate certain activities, which can cause you to eat back more calories than you need to. Even a heart rate monitor isn't 100% accurate. If you're eating those extra earned calories it might be a good idea to eat only 50-75% of those.

once again, this is the best advice here.
    If you open your diary, we can offer more suited advice. Until then, you're gonna get a lot of guesses and probably a few sales pitches.