Mirena and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• passion3flower
    passion3flower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's a very informative site with lots of information on how to lose weight and get rid of the mirena iud side effects and find other natural birth control options. Check out: http://mirenadetox.com/mirena-weight-gain/ Her detox has also been immensely helpful to my recovery and I seriously recommend it
  • jenmarnold
    jenmarnold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40's and opted for Mirena because i do not want children. This was a good alternative for i didn't want to get permanently fixed. However after some health problems I've been told to lost some weight. I've been fighting this for well over 4 months and cannot lost weight to save my life. No matter how many calories i count and the amount of exercise, i cannot lose anything. It wasn't until recently that i suspected Mirena, now after reading this thread and some further research i'm thinking Mirena is a good part of the problem. It is really disappointing because i really like it and have no worries. Needless to say, i'm probably going to have it taken out. My health is way more important.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I had it twice, once after each child. No side effects (besides lighter, shorter period). no issues with weight gain either. To each their own.