Nothing works!

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    So... was the purpose of all this to seek help or for us to commiserate with OP?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You were given very good advice, were you instead just looking for someone to say you are perfect and you have some magical reason not a medical condition that prevents you from losing? Good luck
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to use gifs for threads like this.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I need to learn how to use gifs for threads like this.

Here ya go

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3175-1385049707-32.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You were given very good advice, were you instead just looking for someone to say you are perfect and you have some magical reason not a medical condition that prevents you from losing? Good luck

She just wanted:

unicorn.gif
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    eat clean and exercise...
    Oh, she probably was eating dirty food with like dirt and stuff on it, and now she has one bit dirt clod in the stomach making her gain on the scale.

That is what you meant by eating clean right?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    35n3urk.gif
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I will say that measuring cups versus the scale can have a huge impact on logging, esp. with cooked foods and diced foods. Because what is diced? I mean, I may dice celery completely different than the next person, so it's too subjective to measure with cups and spoons. I highly recommend a food scale for spot on accuracy. Oh, also check other sites for calories because MFP has sooo many user entered items that are just plain inaccurate.

You also said you had surgery for female problems. If your doctor only checked your thyroid function, you need to go back and demand they check your sex hormones. All of them! Free estradiol, free testosterone, SHBG (this is huge and is usually in the formula/test for Free Estradiol/Free Testosterone), FSH, etc. It may have to be done more than once, esp. if you don't have a menstrual cycle anymore.

Oh, and get your fasting blood glucose and HgA1C done as well.

If you'd like to PM to speak about this more, I'd be glad to tell you what I found after my surgery for female issues.

I have to second all the blood tests. I had a 9-month plateau. I thought I was just not measuring correctly and eating more than I thought, even though I do use a food scale. I went to the doctor, she did blood tests for things OTHER than my thyroid, she changed my meds to correct a problem I was having with too much testosterone caused by my weight loss, and voila, I lost 15 pounds almost immediately.

If you are positive your logging is correct and you can think of no other reason for your weight loss to have stalled, go back to your doctor. Take your food and exercise log with you so (s)he can look at with you and have them check for more than just thyroid issues. There are so many other medical problems besides thyroid that will slow or stall weight loss.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    You said you're measuring your food, but are you weighing it?

You're probably eating more than you think. Refer to previously linked threads. Lots of great and useful information.

So measure and weigh my tofu and veggies? I weigh my fish. I do not eat meat other than fish. I have perfect measuring cups that I use to figure out portion size.

Where can I purchase said perfect measuring cups?
  • maleckathryn
    Options
    hoesty, i understand. ii lost 107lbs and gained back about 30. I am doing everything i did before and its not working. I track every bite lick and taste of food like i did when i lost the 107. I have started to ramp up my excerszing and trying to be better on the weekend. So I will give it a few months and then see where i am. but its discouraging when you know what to do and it justisnt working. And i use food scale to wegih everything.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

You're probably eating more than you think. Refer to previously linked threads. Lots of great and useful information.

So measure and weigh my tofu and veggies? I weigh my fish. I do not eat meat other than fish. I have perfect measuring cups that I use to figure out portion size.

They're called Empty Talenti Tubs and whatever you can fit in them is free
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    hoesty, i understand. ii lost 107lbs and gained back about 30. I am doing everything i did before and its not working. I track every bite lick and taste of food like i did when i lost the 107. I have started to ramp up my excerszing and trying to be better on the weekend. So I will give it a few months and then see where i am. but its discouraging when you know what to do and it justisnt working. And i use food scale to wegih everything.

Except your weekends right? That's where the magic happens against deficit.

The enemy of your deficit is calories.

It does sound discouraging to log so faithfully to only have it squandered at the end of the week.

But...calorie deficit works. Because of science.
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    eat clean and exercise...

People keep throwing that "clean" word around... What the heck does that even mean.

Does it mean i shouldn't have lost my weight eating pizza, burritos, wendy's, pasta, etc?

This! lol
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

I've got about 20 lying around.

Challenge accepted.

I'll make sure to post an angry blog about not losing when I get to cutting again and mention you in it ;)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. lol. Everyone is an expert around here. I'll figure it out.
    This is hilarious I've just looked at the replies people gave you. So you ask for help and advice but because people have the audacity to suggest in a Polite manner that what you may be doing is wrong and inaccurate you throw all your toys out of your pram.

What was the point in asking for advice if you weren't even going to consider the fact of what you're doing is wrong? If what you are doing is so right why did you need to ask for help? why have you not lost weight?.

I'm sick to death of posts like this people asking for help then experienced posters with a good track record spending their valuable time giving you advice from there experience and all you want to do is chuck it back at them. It's just pathetic. If you want help fine ask but if all your going to do is throw a childish paddy when people challenge what you're well don't bother stop wasting everybody's time and just find people that will massage your ego. I'll probably get a strike for this but oh well
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Except your weekends right? That's where the magic happens against deficit.

The enemy of your deficit is calories.

It does sound discouraging to log so faithfully to only have it squandered at the end of the week.

But...calorie deficit works. Because of science.

I can attest to the truth in this.. You can be a perfect angel M-F, but you can easily undo the deficit you made by your indescrections on the weekend. Running in circles is no fun!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Challenge accepted.

I'll make sure to post an angry blog about not losing when I get to cutting again and mention you in it ;)

Did I mention you could only fill them with shirataki noodles and PB2?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Challenge accepted.

Did I mention you could only fill them with shirataki noodles and PB2?

Omg I'll starve....or choke to death. Whichever happens first
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm sick to death of posts like this people asking for help then experienced posters with a good track record spending their valuable time giving you advice from there experience and all you want to do is chuck it back at them. It's just pathetic. If you want help fine ask but if all your going to do is throw a childish paddy when people challenge what you're well don't bother stop wasting everybody's time and just find people that will massage your ego. I'll probably get a strike for this but oh well

^^^^^^^^This right here!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where OP buys her magical plates that make it impossible to overeat.