Nothing works!

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where OP buys her magical plates that make it impossible to overeat.

The same manufacturer that makes Costco/Sam's free sample trays, of which the contents are unloggable.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where OP buys her magical plates that make it impossible to overeat.

21-Day Fix? To go along with the Shakeology that she might try?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

The same manufacturer that makes Costco/Sam's free sample trays, of which the contents are unloggable.

I just laughed so hard and I'm seeing me running up to the kiosk. Taking the plate, raising it to my face, and dumping it in. Make it rain!

Sorry, I'm hyper
  • StephanieKTerranova
    StephanieKTerranova Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to use gifs for threads like this.

Here ya go

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3175-1385049707-32.gif

This made my day!!! Lol!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

I just laughed so hard and I'm seeing me running up to the kiosk. Taking the plate, raising it to my face, and dumping it in. Make it rain!

Sorry, I'm hyper

I never have, and never will, log a free sample.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm hyper

61657be3fbefef6290453501d97e5c04.jpg
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Look ---- If you lost weight before using the same methods that you are using now ---- then it surely not a measuring (scales vs. cup) problem. I would suggest that you talk to your Doctor about your problems. If everthing checks out ok, then try to adjust you carlorie intake to lower level using the same measuring methods that you are conformable with. Good luck !!!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief. So many people without helpful advice.

I did take the advice into consideration. I also made a doctor's appointment for more blood work and go from there.

I don't cheat on weekends. lol. My husband can attest to that as I won't eat out often and I cook every day from ingredients, not processed foods.

I am trying to figure out why it's not working...not have a bunch of people tell me I'm an idiot for not doing exactly what they do, or not taking their advice as golden.

I'm just frustrated. Going to tweak some things and keep measuring and weighing foods. If I wanted sunshine blown up my *kitten* i'd just have talked to my friends.

Thank you to those who have PM'd me with constructive criticism and help :) I will try your suggestions.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Sorry, I'm hyper

61657be3fbefef6290453501d97e5c04.jpg

What the.... lolz
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm hyper

Its a "free" sample. It means it costs zero dollars and has zero calories of course. Its a completely free food :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

I did take the advice into consideration. I also made a doctor's appointment for more blood work and go from there.

I don't cheat on weekends. lol. My husband can attest to that as I won't eat out often and I cook every day from ingredients, not processed foods.

I am trying to figure out why it's not working...not have a bunch of people tell me I'm an idiot for not doing exactly what they do, or not taking their advice as golden.

I'm just frustrated. Going to tweak some things and keep measuring and weighing foods. If I wanted sunshine blown up my *kitten* i'd just have talked to my friends.

Thank you to those who have PM'd me with constructive criticism and help :) I will try your suggestions.

measure out how much you're eating.
    eat less
    there ya go, sunshine.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Who called you an idiot? I saw nothing but constructive advice, and then hilarity ensued when you started pouting. The only thing you were receptive to was the Shakeology nonsense. Was that what you wanted to hear?
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Look ---- If you lost weight before using the same methods that you are using now ---- then it surely not a measuring (scales vs. cup) problem. I would suggest that you talk to your Doctor about your problems. If everthing checks out ok, then try to adjust you carlorie intake to lower level using the same measuring methods that you are conformable with. Good luck !!!!

Thank you :) I did just make an appointment for blood work.

I also lowered my calorie intake for now.

Ever since the removal of my tumor about 2 years ago, losing weight has been such a chore! I would think getting rid of a 7 pound tumor would help things, but perhaps also losing an ovary has thrown things off even more. Hormonal issues? Doctor said they were fine a year ago but maybe things shifted. I'll find out.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Before you go where did you buy those non over eating plates and perfect measuring cups that don't allow over filling ... And can you explain how they work to me
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Who called you an idiot? I saw nothing but constructive advice, and then hilarity ensued when you started pouting. The only thing you were receptive to was the Shakeology nonsense. Was that what you wanted to hear?

2ibfd5i.jpg
  • That_Girl
    Options

I am not pouting lol! But it's as if none of you have experienced any frustration with weight loss and you have all the answers. My doctor a year ago said to eat 1600 calories a day so I did....to lose weight, she said. I gained a ton! I have read the advice here and am taking it all into consideration. But I already do the things people are saying I should do.
  • That_Girl
    Options

Before you go where did you buy those non over eating plates and perfect measuring cups that don't allow over filling ... And can you explain how they work to me

They are similar to this...and I don't fill them over the line. lol.

mesu-portion-control-bowl.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

I am not pouting lol! But it's as if none of you have experienced any frustration with weight loss and you have all the answers. My doctor a year ago said to eat 1600 calories a day so I did....to lose weight, she said. I gained a ton! I have read the advice here and am taking it all into consideration. But I already do the things people are saying I should do.

You were asked to open your diary so people could take time out of their day to try and help you.
    Advice was given based on not being able to see your diary
    You got offended.

So yes it can be frustrating but if you take a step back and look that maybe you aren't doing it perfectly and actually listen it might help you. But that would take you putting your feelings aside and actually listening not for what you want to hear, but for what you don't.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Nevermind. lol. Everyone is an expert around here. I'll figure it out.
    This is hilarious I've just looked at the replies people gave you. So you ask for help and advice but because people have the audacity to suggest in a Polite manner that what you may be doing is wrong and inaccurate you throw all your toys out of your pram.

What was the point in asking for advice if you weren't even going to consider the fact of what you're doing is wrong? If what you are doing is so right why did you need to ask for help? why have you not lost weight?.

I'm sick to death of posts like this people asking for help then experienced posters with a good track record spending their valuable time giving you advice from there experience and all you want to do is chuck it back at them. It's just pathetic. If you want help fine ask but if all your going to do is throw a childish paddy when people challenge what you're well don't bother stop wasting everybody's time and just find people that will massage your ego. I'll probably get a strike for this but oh well

So you just wanted to reply to be rude?

I'm just frustrated.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

The people who gave you suggestions have likely experienced the same frustrations you are experiencing now. The suggestions they give you are what works. When your weightloss efforts aren't working, something needs to change. A very common mistake is innacurately counting calories, so you should check that. If you are 100% positive that you are completely accurate on your calorie logging, then look at the other suggestions, such as making sure you calorie goal is correct for weight loss.

Something just doesn't add up. Your body cannot make magical energy, so if it needs more energy than you are giving it, you will lose weight. That leaves 3 possibilities. You are eating more than you think, your daily calorie goal is wrong, or your body has a medical condition that causes it to use unusually low amounts of energy.