August Walking Challenge 2014

Options
CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking August 1st.

Replies

• RebaCarol
    Options
    I'm in! Walked 25 minutes and 1 mile tonight!
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i'm in ..im off to New York in 2weeks time and will be interesting to log my miles while i'm over there .. i walked everywhere last time i was there :)
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the walking challenge! :smile:
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am coming back after being off here for several months. Want to recommit to getting healthy. Think I have the food part down. Now, the exercise is a whole different story. At my age (73) I think walking will be the easiest on me. So, am hoping you will let me join y'all. Will start tomorrow and keep track of time until I hear from you. Thanks.
  • HopingForABrighterFuture
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kellystacy424
    Options
    I'm in.My goal is 45 miles of walking.
  • thin4me59
    Options
    I am in. Am new to challenges, how do we check in?
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'll start logging tomorrow!
  • Yavi389
    Yavi389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Since I met my 60 mile goal for July, I'm aiming for 70 miles in August!
  • zainab411
    zainab411 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im definitely in! Planning on walking 90 miles in August, 3 miles a day!
  • handyandy69
    handyandy69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm a bit of a fair weather walker, so hopefully start tomorrow.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in for sure! I usually try to get a 1 to 2 mile walk in (moderate to brisk pace) each day.
  • kellystacy424
    Options
    Only one mile today.
  • ladym8204
    ladym8204 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in. How do we log/keep track of this?
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is going to be good for me. I've been slacking off on my morning cardio routine. Now I have another reason to get my butt in the gym in the morning.

Friday, August 1

Treadmill 1.25 miles
    iSteps 1.80 miles

Total for Day 3.05
    Total for Month 3.05
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    8/1

1 mile walked, moderate pace

Month total: 1 mile
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    Does walking in the pool count? I want to increase my regular walking time with my dog, but I also go to the health club pool regularly and walk laps in the water for 45 mins. Even if that doesn't count on the thread, I'd love to join in to keep me motivated and accountable for taking the mutt on a nice, long walk a few days a week.
  • zainab411
    zainab411 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    8/1: 3 Miles

Month Total 3 / 90
  • focused8152
    Options
    Goal 300,000 steps!
  • thin4me59
    Options
    8/1 - 2.5 miles on the treadmill