drunken
  • _Risko_
    _Risko_ Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    South Carolina! Road trip anyone??
  • _Risko_
    Options
    I can't believe people have actually picked South Carolina. Why?!

My favorite state of the states I've visited would probably be California.

I've been to: Virginia (born), Illinois (raised), South Carolina (now), North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, West Virginia, Indiana, California.

2 hours from the beach or the mountains, not crowded, great food, nice people, college football... shall I go on??
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Montana of course! but i'd also like to visit Alaska
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Anywhere along the West Coast, particularly California. :heart:
  • jay8anks
    jay8anks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nirvana
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I would say Texas, but it should really be considered its own country because the awesomeness is too much for a state to handle.
    Please, texas is welcome to secede. in fact, i encourage it.

i'm from Florida, and very much enjoy our weather and beaches. But my heart is in California, so that's quickly moving its way up to the number 1 spot.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people have actually picked South Carolina. Why?!

My favorite state of the states I've visited would probably be California.

I've been to: Virginia (born), Illinois (raised), South Carolina (now), North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, West Virginia, Indiana, California.

Because Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach.
  • _Risko_
    Options
    ^^ Yep ^^
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    First, I'm going to acknowledge that there are 11 states that I've never visited, so I'm sorry if one of those is better, but I'm just going based on experience.

And the answer is..... I don't know. There are things to like about a lot of states, If I must choose one, it would be California. Because of diversity. Everything from cities to desert to rural mountainous areas (or whatever you call those giant hills in NorCal.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You know what's hysterical to me, how Texans and Californians both have the exact same attitude about their state. The best part is, the ones who feel strongest about their state, are also the ones who have never actually lived in any other state. Heck in most cases they've never even set foot outside their state. I know this because I have studied the natives of both regions, there's honestly very little difference.

Fightin' words, Queenie!
    I have lived in five different states, spent time in considerably more, and visited almost every one. And, I love California. Where I live I can go to the beach in the summer -- a big beach, a red cliffed beach, a beach with wildlife -- and I can go downhill skiing in the winter. And, be home for dinner.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Maine. :heart:
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Maine. :heart:

+1
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Texas
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You know what's hysterical to me, how Texans and Californians both have the exact same attitude about their state. The best part is, the ones who feel strongest about their state, are also the ones who have never actually lived in any other state. Heck in most cases they've never even set foot outside their state. I know this because I have studied the natives of both regions, there's honestly very little difference.

I have lived in four different states, three different countries, and have been to all fifty states and three continents. I still love Texas the best. There is no comparison in my opinion, and I feel very strongly about my home state.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Vermont
  • Dottie5689
    Options
    Texas, even though I was born in California. After living in both, there are significant cultural differences. Californian's aren't nearly as patriotic about their state as Texas, but are much more tolerant of individuality even if it is out of the mainstream (except Austin, TX they love wierd! Both are really great states though I prefer running from a hurricane I know is on the way to running for a door way or wide open space outside during an earthquake. I have lived in Texas, California, New York, and North Carolina. Currently in Charlotte and can't wait to move back home to Texas. Daddy was right, the biggest mistake he ever made was letting me be born in California :happy:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    California girl, born and raised and I have to admit I've not ventured out much except to the Midwest and I'm quite sure I'd be a fish out of water there. I need coastal, so maybe Oregon or NorCal--and only Californians would understand that NorCal and SoCal are like two different states, lol
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    QUEENSLAND!!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Fightin' words, Queenie!
    I have lived in five different states, spent time in considerably more, and visited almost every one. And, I love California. Where I live I can go to the beach in the summer -- a big beach, a red cliffed beach, a beach with wildlife -- and I can go downhill skiing in the winter. And, be home for dinner.

You'll have to find me in Texas. :tongue:

I will also point out, the california votes have listed why california is better. The reasoning from the texan's seems to be "well cause!" :tongue: