Quick Poll: Do you.....

Options
MinMin97
MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
....put your shopping cart away after you use it?
I've been shopping a lot lately and notice the parking lots full of carts.
Two times I saw someone leave their cart in the handicap spot ***gasp** that was really bad form.
Those little metal bar thingies are right there to put the cart away....

I'm pretty sure NOBODY on MFP would do this, it's a fitness site!!

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I hate setting carts everywhere. Mine always gets put away.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If I'm at a store that has a corral for them, then I'll bring them as far as the corral and put them in there. The way I see it, the store has to hire someone to herd them back to the store and that's a paycheck. :)

If I'm at Aldi's, or a store that doesn't have a corral, I'll bring it back to the sidewalk / vestibule of the store.

But yeah, I don't leave it where someone's going to hit it with their car and I park near the outer-most corral, so that I get some walking in.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I always put mine away, no matter where I'm shopping...but I buy a lot of groceries at Aldi and their 25 cent carts make it a lot less likely that carts will be all over the place ;-)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I hate when people just leave their carts all over the parking lot. I always put mine away.
  • Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A lot of grocery stores here in Canada require you to insert a quarter to get a shopping cart so in order to get that quarter back, you have to put it back in it's place. In other stores that don't do the quarter thing...I still put my cart back. It's just a common sense thing and leaving it in a handicapped spot, well that's just ignorant.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Why else would they put handicapped spaces so close to where I'm parked? Besides, those spaces are big enough for ten or so carts. Seems like a waste to leave them empty.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I always put them in the corral or take them up close to the building, it is totally rude to just leave them any where.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Why else would they put handicapped spaces so close to where I'm parked? Besides, those spaces are big enough for ten or so carts. Seems like a waste to leave them empty.
    Don't worry, I'll protect you!!

You're about to get lynched!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Always
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only dent in my car is from some jerk who didn't put his cart away and it blew into my car.

So yes, I always put my cart away because I wouldn't ever want to do that to someone else. D:
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Make it a game: shove the cart with enough force and accuracy to get in the cart return from 20-30 or more feet away (depending on the cart's feel) and hope that it is just enough to stick it, but not too much so that it rebounds out, or changes direction and you have to go run after it before it hits a car ;)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I do put it back.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Some of you are filthy liars.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Make it a game: shove the cart with enough force and accuracy to get in the cart return from 20-30 or more feet away (depending on the cart's feel) and hope that it is just enough to stick it, but not too much so that it rebounds out, or changes direction and you have to go run after it before it hits a car ;)
    Great!
    I'm sure no old people, little kids, or pregnant mothers are in danger of getting run over!

Oh hey...how about just riding on it back to the corral? It will make you feel like a kid again.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You're so jaded!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You're so jaded!

Just sayin', I've been seeing lots of loose carts in parking spaces lately and few in the corrals. That means most of these *kitten* are lying about it to seem like they care if I get a parking space. :angry:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You're so jaded!

Just sayin', I've been seeing lots of loose carts in parking spaces lately and few in the corrals. That means most of these *kitten* are lying about it to seem like they care if I get a parking space. :angry:
    It's all about you!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I always put my cart back and, if there are abandoned carts along the way, I put other carts in the corral also. Loose carts in the parking lot drive me nuts.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    maybe we don't live around you! lol!!! sometimes I do and sometimes I don't…