WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Beth – happy year anniversary – isn’t it neat to see what you have learned and proven to yourself works this year, applying is the hard part, but when you can look back at success that gives you a road map !!! What a great year of learning and success! And 66lbs in a year is great as that averages out to more than one a week!!! Yeah for Beth!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks for the compliment:blushing:

Anne – welcome ! I don’t think there is an easy answer, but getting to the weight you want – a healthy weight- and staying there will allow your skin a chance to recover; it may never completely, but we are “of that age”.:laugh:

Renny - thanks:blushing:

Cynthia - maintenance is a success in itself especially on vacation! Well done.

Joyce – You never know what this group will pick up on!!! Glad to hear there were colors to choose from, sometimes you can order online and have it shipped to your local store and then not pay shipping, you might want to check. :smile:

Geri – Oh how scary, but what a great quick turn around. 42 lbs is do able…. And will be easier as a team! We are cheering for you both! :happy:

Xcindix – welcome

Alison – sounds like a good plan, I don’t know 99 restaurants but may have to make that salad at home! It sounds yummy:drinker:

Patcheoh - I don’t eat a lot of meat, I do beans, tofu, fish… and some meat.. I am not a vegetarian at all meals but at some…

Strassenkoeni – it is a learning curve – some eliminate trigger foods, some limit them, some have found restaurants and dishes there that work for them, some do a lot of home cooking, but each of us have found or are finding ways that work for us… I love to cook and do a ton of it, and because I live alone I have company – often – 2 + times a week….

Sylvia – a bike what a great deal!

Annie13 – start with logging – even if it is over calorie count or choices you are not proud of – just the act of logging keeps you accountable. :wink:

Cynthia – I’ll send it to you….

Today and tomorrow are a lot of embroidery, and it is cooler today - also doggie training this afternoon... busy busy... Last night I made a really yummy fruit dessert, I changed it up to save calories, and want to try it again with an other change or two before I share, but a satisfying serving was under 200 calories!!!

August goals :
    Stretch 5 minutes a day x
    Walk 45 minutes a day x
    Do Heather’s abc balance 1 time a week

Kim from N. California
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    can't believe July went so fast. Time to get back on track I was on vacation for one week, in Georgia. Tried to be good, but was hard. Last week back to work, and it was crazy. Just trying to catch up. Time to revamp and happy to see when I weighed today, I lost the vacation week. SO next week, time to step up exercise but here in SO CA the weather is awful. It is is hot and humid. We normally dont get humidity.

Sherry SO CA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Kim ... Just to keep it honest, I didn't lose all 66 pounds in one year ... 66 represents the entire journey ... about 40 pounds with MFP! But thanks for the encouragement. I really believe in the calories in/calories out concept...this is what I plan to stick with!

Beth
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    anniel13 I think you are on the right track as Cindy said portion control is key. It sounds like you are catching yourself early. You are also aware adding those extras adds extra to you. Good luck. The weight loss process is a marathon not a sprint.
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, hope you all are having a great weekend.:glasses: It is my weekend to work. Last evening was our monthly meeting of CMA and our state leaders were there to talk to Bruce about the problems he has been causing. Not sure how it went as they did it after the meeting. But I am sure I will hear about it sooner or later.
    Got the letter yesterday from my DSIL and it was not as bad as I expected. Mostly she is worried that they won't get their share and I tried telling her there is nothing to get, mom is still alive and in her own home.

Rita--Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Prayers and hugs to you. Sorry to hear about DS, sounds like my DSD. Hope the new doctor finds answers for you. I am on zolfot for depression and it does seem to help. :flowerforyou:

Joyce--Prayer the 4 week tests gives them the answers. thanks for sharing about the elephants, who would of guessed LOL. Tough love is never easy. Our oldest DS got messed up with drugs and we gave him a choice to get help or leave. He choose to leave and it was one of the hardest things letting him go. We thought he finally turned his life around after acouple rough years and had a daughter and then was killed by a train 3 days before the second one was born. We found out he had drugs on him when he died. We do the best we can and once they leave home we have to trust God is taking care of them. My DH also got a partial and it broke. Dentist said it was because he grinds his teeth. Alway they want to make a new one with steele. I said why spend that much money when he hardly wears it.

Sylvia--glad you are home safe and had a good trip. I know our dogs have figured out when I say get your stuff they know we are going for a walk. They get so excited. Sounds like you are going to enjoy your new bike. I have thought about trying to ride one, been so long not sure how I would do.:flowerforyou:

Katla--Prayers for DH and his MRI. Hope your mouse problem is fixed quick. I know they are little, but they scare me.

Margaret--Good for you! Hope you win!!:flowerforyou:

Allison-- Prayers for your Aunt.

Linda--Congrates on the mile walk and weight loss. I was thinking last evening as walking up and down the hills with the dogs that a year ago I would never of been able to do this once, let alone several times. I have found I like walking in the evenings.

Heather--That trip sounds great!! Hope it works out for you.

Meg--I would of teared up also.:flowerforyou: I agree some rain would be nice. Yesterday it looked like it for awhile, but nothing.

Barbie--Thanks so much for keeping us going. You are such a speical lady.:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

Kim--I hope you enjoy your time out with friends. There are times when we overdo, but the important thing is not to let us get it down and to get back on track as soon as possible. I tried checking out that site and must not be doing it right.

Welcome Sue from Sydney. You have come to the right place for support and friendship.:flowerforyou:

Cindy--I have so much trouble with lip stick I have thought about the tattoo lips. Do you get tired of the same color all the time?

Geri--glad to hear things worked out well for DH. How scary.

Well ladies I best get some work done. DH called and the evening guy called in so he will be working till close which is 10. He opented this morning at 6:30. Glad he has tomorrow off and can sleep in. I get so tired of this. Some people just do not take jobs serious. Well I did about 70% of my goals for July. Just wish I could of seen more of a loss. But important thing is not giving up. So keep the same goals for August.
    1. Log everybite
    2.Walk the dogs atleast 4x a week
    3. Drink more water
    4.List 3 things everyday I am Thankful for.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! We had a nice time last night out with our friends. Today’s is hubby’s birthday so we are bowling and grilling later. DD#1 and her boyfriend are coming as are DD#1’s best friend from high school and her fiancé. So cute…the friend called saying Tanya (DD#1) had told her today was the birthday and asked if she and BF could come too. I thought that was sweet, so there will be 7 of us.

Alison: hope dh is ok soon

Jane: so kind of you to buy school supplies for the kids. Hope you get that home!

AnnCarolOne: hope you are feeling better soon!

Kim: I’ll check out the video link again

Beth: I too have become quite lax with exercising

Michele: I’ll get that recipe and post it for you tomorrow

Anne: welcome aboard!

Renny: nice to see you here again

Cynthia: the first time around vet thought it was an allergic reaction (we just had grub control applied) and then it becomes a habit to lick thus the cone. Now I think it looks worse and the vet (different one) thought it was a yeast infection and the clortrimazole seems to have done a great job in just 1 day. Once the area gets irritated, the dog will continue to lick at it. So once again we have a cone. I’m also soaking in Epsom salts, which is not appreciated!

Joyce: check to see if you order at walgreens on line if they will ship to the store instead of you and thus avoid paying shipping fees. Many stores around here do that

Geri: oh my! What a scare. I am glad that hubby is better now. What an incentive to lose weight!!! (((hugs)))

Patceoh: a watermelon breakfast! Yum!

Annie: welcome to you too!

Xcindy: welcome to you three!

OK gotta run. I’m running late because the cake I ordered was not right and the person working had to call the manager blah blah blah. Needless to say I am not happy but oh well. But behind I am! Take care all Meg from cloudy Omaha
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    went up to see our aunt, still in ICU, just had the surgery thursday, replaced a valve,did bypass and fixed heart for a-fib, she said she feels like an elephant is sitting on her chest, I would say so, they split her open like a chicken... they took the trak out late last night, her throat is sore, so just sucking on ice chips.... brought her a nice flower arrangment that will have to go home with her daughter:sad:
    My DH said I told you so:grumble:
    oh well we went to Sams afterwards and filled the cart with fruits and nuts.... for me, strawberries,raseberries,blueberries,banana's and apples, I will share with the DH if he will eat them...
    he is napping right now.. he got more sleep than I did,but I dont feel that I am tired,,with the gym and running around I am over 12,000 steps today so far,
    we went down to see the DFIL, he has gotten himself into trouble:noway: he was fondling a resident and then tried it with one of the CNA's, so they are keeping him away from the ladies.. he kept apologizing for being bad.. and he was crying....the dementia has really started to take its toll, and It is just so sad to see:sad:
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wish it was summer here - the last week has been cool, then hot with tremendous storms, then cool.

Our pool ( solar heater too) has not reached swimming temp, except ONCE this summer.....one swim does not equal
    all that hydro, chemicals, and time put into opening and closing. Hmmm...I may never get DH out of this house, but that fact may help.

Hope everyone else's long weekend is great!

bjmcq
  • AnneCarolOne
    AnneCarolOne Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, the infection is fighting back today. I have another lesion that needs to be lanced! I have increased my antibiotics. I think that I will ask my doctor to change them to the ones I used in April- they seem to clear it up in a hurry! I hate these daily nursing visits! They severely limit my freedom. I need to get back to my pool exercises- not another fall of this! I've got people to meet and places to go!
    On a lighter note, the observatory is open to the public this week: so hubby and I are going to view the stars tonight! I have never been to one, so it should be pretty interesting! Hope you all are having a lovely sunny weekend like us! 'til the next time!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm back and very tired. Congrats on the bike Sylvia, Geri - so sorry for your DH'S heart attack.:flowerforyou: Everyone else, I have read, but my brain won't work. I think about you all, all the time.

Had a wonderful time with the DGC. But didn't sleep too well. The bed was one of those bouncy ones and DH twitches a lot in his sleep when he is on his anti anxiety meds. So I was bouncing around most of the night! ! !
    By the time DDIL cameback from her eye surgery we were all exhausted. When the children had a nap, so did the whole house, even DH, who drifted off while reading the paper! I slept for about an hour and a half.:happy: We all felt a lot better.:bigsmile:
    In the morning we all, except for DDIL, went out to the local shops. They are amazing! The most fabulous butcher. It's a Turkish area, so many exotic things. I had a boyftiend around there in between husbands so I know it well. DH and I bought sheftali (lamb sausages) for our family barbecue later in the month, cooking chorizo and a salted cod, which I am going to cook tomorrow. It is soaking in the fridge right now. DS#2 bought wonderful Turkish flatbreads, with spinach and feta filling, which we had at lunch, and nuts from an amazing nuts and fruit shop. All really cheap compared with normal prices.

The children were great, but I think DGD was missing her mum a bit. She wouldn't accept her tea from me so poor DDIL had to come downstairs and give it to her. Otherwise all was happy.
    DGS'S favourite music track at the moment is "Graceland", which they play in the car. I was singing the chorus while we were playing and he saiid, "No, no, you have to sing the beginning - the Mississippi Delta is shining like a natural guitar . ."...... and he sang it from the beginning. It sounded so funny from a 3 year old!:laugh: On the train home I played it through my tablet and thought of him.:bigsmile:

On the train home we had our picnic we had bought from the station shop. I had Cava sparkling wine, poached salmon, tandoori prawns and squid and a quinoa salad with edamame beans. A veritable feast! ! ! :laugh:

We will go to bed counting our blessings. Not the least of which is that I had a text back from DS#1. , the one with depression. So good to hear from him.:love: I also texted my ex to wish him a happy 67th birthday. He is another one who has recently had a stent. He said - the old clock is still ticking on...........:laugh:

So all in all a good time. DDIL was very grateful that we were there to hold the fort. It is so important to me to be that sort of grandma as my mother was so useless in that regard that I literally hated her for it. I mean that. Luckily my DMIL was wonderful with the children and I want to be like her.:love: She had huge problems of her own, not the least being intermittent schizophrenia, but she was a great granny.:heart:

Looking forward to a good night's sleep, followed by a good workout. Both days I have eaten right up to TDEE, so I shoukd have maintained once the sodium and glycogen is out of my system. This maintaining business is a tightrope.:laugh:

Heather in Hampshire UK

PS DH is asleep and snoring on the sofa in front of the TV:love::love: :love:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Bumping for August. My internet went out Thursday night and is just now back on. The guys promises faster speeds from here on out.

Thinking of all who have issues with grown children and spouses and other loved ones with health concerns.

K in NEGA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Geri, so sorry about you hubbies heart attack. So glad they were able to get the stents in that quick. My husband had a heart attack with 2 stents March of last year and then had to have 2 more stents in February of this year but the 2 this year weren't new blockages, we already knew he had them but they were in a complicated spot and he refused open heart surgery so it was just a wait and see. He follows a good diet.....sometimes. He thinks his medicine is going to do it all for him. But because of his vanity he wants to keep his weight below 200 and that at least keeps him from over doing the bad eating that much.

Allison I observed an open heart surgery once just for my own education so it could help me in caring for my patients. New nurses were required to see one as part of their orientation process but I had been a nurse way before they even started doing things like open heart surgery. The chest closure was what impressed me most of the whole surgery. The power and strength the two doctors had to use to pull that sternum back together and put those wire sutures in. I wish your aunt all the best.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sherry – I am from N. CAL and I’m with you the humidity is weird and awful…

Beth - 40lbs is still awesome!

Vicki - Glad to hear you were not as upset with the letter from DSIL; Interesting that they are counting/worrying about inherence prior to the time…

Meg – glad to hear pups paw(s) are getting better

Alison – sorry to hear DFIL is doing so badly…

AnneCarol – hope you enjoy the observatory!

Heather – your picnic sounds great!!!

So this afternoon's doggie training was postponed due to heat 2nd time in a row... Kinda a drag but i am glad as the dogs don't do well in all that heat. So I took Heather's comment a few days ago to heart that I "deserved" a pair of pants that really fit, and then worked on the checkbook and my other wants... and decided that I could spend $100 - but first I really really needed new tennis shoes - the ones I walk in are over a year old, with holes.... So I took some time and went shopping - found shoes that I liked for $70 and others that fit and were comfy but are purple, teal, orange and grey - they were just $50 so I have my feet decked out in grey shoes with neon stripes... then off to the thrift store - I tried on 18 pair of jeans, the lighter weight ones - as I decided that was the number 1 priority after shoes - finally found a pair that fits great and NSV 1 size smaller!!! Also found a cute shirt - both for just $13 so I can do a bit more shopping, but was done in so came home. Tired tonight!

Oh I talked to my mom tonight and she has a friend who is 102 years old (not a typo 102) she and mom talked on the phone and Helen (the 102 gal) was telling mom that her personal trainer has decided that she should change from the treadmill to the bike, as Helen is almost completely blind and the trainer is worried she might step off; so today was her first day on the bike and she says it is harder so she only did 25 minutes on it and will have to work up to her normal 45 minutes. This gal is amazing ! she could be our role model.

August goals :
    Stretch 5 minutes a day xx
    Walk 45 minutes a day xx
    Do Heather’s abc balance 1 time a week

Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim you should get that lady on here to give us some inspiration and maybe just some general life lessons. I'm sure she must know a few.

I think it is Gail that lives in Atlanta. How is it there that the ebola patient is there?

Going to try to go to bed much earlier like right now to get up early tomorrow morning. I would love to gradually increase the wake up time by enough minutes every Sunday morning that I can get to Sunday School

Joyce, Indiana. have a good night everyone.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Gilad's 45/45 split DVD, the toning portion. I did that part twice. Tomorrow I'm planning to do some of the Fit In Six pilates for the Wii.

Anne - welcome! Sounds like you're pretty active there. To be honest, I don't know of anyone who doesn't enjoy a good slice of homemade bread. It's not easy saying "no". Wish I had some pearls of wisdom for you, but, unfortunately, I don't. This is such a difficult time in a person's life

Joyce - glad you got your stockings. Mine are beige. I got two different types, one kind has the toe in it the other kind doesn't. I did find that the one with the toe in it seemed to rip faster, not sure if it was because of the toe or not

Geri - how scary for you! Sure hope your husband is better real soon

xcindix - welcome - tell us more about yourself

Alison - I usually have 24oz while I'm getting dressed. So far today I've had 82oz, and it's only 10:00.

I'm going to try to watch my eating, but I know that I'll go over today since we have the social. Update: Know I went way over, I was stress eating before the social. I just want to be sure that we have everything.

Patceoh - I find that veggie burgers are usually high in protein, as is tofu.

Sylvia - good for you getting that bike! I always love getting bargains. Need to pump up the tires on my bike, too.

Vicki - I can hear the heartache in you post about your son.

Joyce - I agree with everyone who said to see if you can get things shipped to the store, pick it up at the store and then you usually don't have to pay the shipping

meg - happy birthday to your hubby

AnneCarolOne - have fun tonight. Hope you're better real fast

Heather - so glad you heard back from your son

Kim - I'll say that woman who is 102 is amazing. Hope I'm like that at her age

Going to get ready for bed. We had the social here. Actually, the weather turned out quite decent. We didn't have as many people at the social as we did last year and I'm thinking for one thing because we had to have it in the beginning of August whereas last year it was at the end of the month (the kids are back in school, people are more around, the weather was georgeous). If we do this next year, we will do it at the end of August.

One thing that sort of disappointed me, but then again it disappoints me all the time, is the fact that people left so early. We started around 5 and by 8 people were leaving. All that work for just three hours! But I do think that the people who came enjoyed themselves. At least this year we didn't have dozens and dozens of desserts. I don't have a lot to take to the soup kitchen, which is good.

Michele in NC
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just a quick Hello! So much going on with everyone. Geri, I hope your hubby feels better - and stays better. Kim, did I hear it was your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! BTW, I loved the video. I hope we can meet in person some day soon. I have a feeling I will tower over you as, at 5'8", I'm the short one in my family. (My brother is 6'7" - he's the tall one!)

XX
    Mimi
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    just a quick hello, back from grocery shopping,and now having a quick cup of tea and ,will start prepping meals for the week, didnt get to the gym this a.m., but will go for a long walk later....
    bought the DH alot of the snacks and junk he likes, me,i have my fruit, greek yogurt,eziekel 4.9 cereal and breads, no sugar added peanut butter, protien powder, and tea's... veggies in the freezer.. and some romaine and grape tomatoes to use during the week..
    I am going to go off the beaten path and make Patti Labelle's turkey burgers and freeze them for myself.. the recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, but that will be a ton of meals for me.. and they are awesome... look up the recipe...:bigsmile:
    well off I go , the DH is out working on the bay window, scraping and painting.. I swear the man never sits.. but that is a good thing..
    DFIL the dementia is a bit worse it is so sad to see someone like that rapidly decline into his mind...:brokenheart:
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello All, It is 9:30 and I have to go out and mow my yard. I never want to do it but once out there I get it done.
    The Color Run was an experience yesterday, one I'm not sue I'd want to repeat. The twins and I were put on the blue team. First, a little info, the run is a 5k and there are stations set up along the way, each station is supplied with one color of powder that you put in bottles and shake on the people as they go by. The people want the powder, it is why they run it, but there was 11,000 people and once that powder started flying all the volunteers turned into Smurfs, we were all covered from head to toe. Everywhere, in my nose, in my ears, down my throat, under my nails. My car seats are now blue since I wasn't prepared for this. I showered four times and have got most of it off but under my arms are still blue, my hands and nails are too. All that being said, it was awesome to be a part of and we had a great time but the twins and I agreed that we'd rather walk it next year. The walkers and runners get all the powder on them but not all of one color all at once. They also didn't get it all over their faces as we were told not to do that. I wish I could figure out how to down load pics so I could show you just how covered we were. Oh, my hair is still blue also after washing 4 times.
    But it was a great time and everyone seemed to have a blast.
    Change of subjects here, my massage Friday was OK but I won't go back. She just wasn't that good.
    My goals for August:
    Log my food and stay between 1200-1400 cals a day.
    Do two complete strength training sessions a week.
    Do a minimum of 4 cardio sessions a week
    OK, I have to get the yard mowed and clean up to go to lunch with my brother, SIL and sister.
    When I get back I have to do laundry and clean my house.
    Prayers for all who struggle,
    Hello and welcome to the newbies.
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Geri in England: I’m so sorry your husband had a heart attack, but happy that he’s doing well now. Portion control is the key to our improved health, and I think you’re on the right track. Exercise is also important and things as simple as walking can yield excellent results.:flowerforyou:

Pat in OH: I get my protein mainly from meat and fish, but quinoa has a good amount of protein as does tofu.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Congratulations on the new bike. Are there any bike trails in your area? You might be able to do an internet search and find some good places to go.:flowerforyou:

Anniel13: Invest in a food scale and dishers to keep your portions at the size that is healthy for you. Food scales are not too expensive. We got ours on Amazon and used the buyer reviews to make our choice. Dishers are relatively expensive, but more convenient than measuring cups.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Our next-door neighbor has also seen mice in the house and they have an exterminator coming out to give an estimate. We’ve asked that he stop by our place while he’s here. The mousetrap we bought has not worked.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Alison: Your poor DFIL is having a tough time. Dementia is a tough one. My mom experienced it at the end of her life due to lack of oxygen from emphysema. It was frightening for her and heartbreaking to see.:flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m so glad that you had a good time with the DGC. I want to be a good grandma, too. It is hard when my grandchild is so far away that we rarely get to see her. I’m planning to be there in just a few weeks to support DD when she has her baby.:flowerforyou:

Dr Katie: Internet problems are frustrating. I hope it continues to stay on now.:flowerforyou:

Kim from N CA: Your mom’s friend sounds like a wonderful role model for us all. 102, personal trainer, treadmill and bike! Wow! I agree with the trainer about treadmills. Bikes are much easier on knees.:flowerforyou:

I’ve been up for a while, and everyone else is still sleeping. I’m thinking about heading to the store to pick up a few things. Today will be the second day of fishing, and I’m hopeful that there will be some catching, too.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Kim - I have to confess, that after a great deal of searching and, I think, typing in the right reference, I haven't managed to find your clip.:embarassed: I would love to see and hear you.:heart: Glad you splashed out on those very expensive jeans!:laugh: :tongue:

Katla - glad all is going well with the visitors. Wouldn't it be great to actually catch some fish!:laugh:

I am soooooo tired and feeling a bit out of sorts. DGD was a bit sicky from a virus she picked up earlier in the week and I was mopping up sick a lot. Not feeling so bright now, but it is only a minor virus. I hope!:ohwell: I usually come back with something after a visit.:sick: I did manage to put together the salt cod stew, which I am doing Portuguese style with potatoes, onions and tomatoes. I looked up a few ideas on the internet as it is not an ingredient I have cooked with much, though I love it and always have it when I am in Spain or Portugal. This cod was semi dried so didn't take so much soaking. We will see how it comes out tonight. I am docking myself 500 calories for my portion as I used more olive oil than I usually do.

Despite being a bit achy this morning I dragged myself through my exercise routine. (Yesterday I only achieved a couple of slow strolls to the shops and the park). I moaned and groaned to poor DH the whole time. I don't know how he puts up with me!:bigsmile: Now I am lying down on the sofa, while he is outside doing a mammoth pruning job and laying yet more gravel over the drive. I did get a cupcake out of the freezer for him, put on the last of the butter icing I had kept in the fridge and sprinkled it with shiny balls and white vermicelli. A nice surprise for when he comes in.:love:

Love to all. I must ring back my friend who left me a message while we were away. Perhaps I can entice her down to stay.:bigsmile: Although right this minute I just want to sleeeeeeep.:yawn:

Heather in sunny and breezy Hampshire UK