Overdue- 74 lbs lost with pictures :)

Options
busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
My original goal was 130- but then I changed it to 125 buuut now- I'm keeping it at 130. lol :laugh:

My story isn't unlike many others- I was never super skinny but never big enough to worry about my weight. I was 170 when I got pregnant and 160 2 weeks after I had my daughter. I then started working a full time night job on top of my full time day job and thats when things got out of control. lol I weighed 204 one of my dr visits. At 5' 5" I was considered obese. That's the highest I've ever been and will ever be!!

My lightbulb moment was when I had to buy a pair of jeans while out on a vacation. Size 18. Ouch. That was May. I knew nothing about "diets" except you eat as little as possible. :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I discovered MFP in June when I saw someones ticker on another website. Since May of 2009 I have lost 74 lbs as of last Friday. I have flucuated up and down the last couple months but I'm happy with that. More importantly I'm happy with the fact that my size 5 jeans only fit right out of the dryer. :bigsmile: Or the Size 4's that loosen up throughout the day. :bigsmile: I love the fact that I earned my confidence back. I recently got braces and would never have done that if I was still big. The confidence just wasn't there.

164742_185493968140862_100000407799213_561536_7253814_n.jpg

168157_185501601473432_100000407799213_561577_3241553_n.jpg

I weigh less now than in Highschool and am in a smaller size than I ever remember. :love:

I don't have many before pictures (really who does? lol) but the ones I have I keep with me as a reminder of why this is so important.

There's no such thing as magic. Unless you consider your own willpower to be magic. You have to want it. You have to want to lose weight more than you want to eat too much.

I'm so thankful I found MFP. If I could remember who I saw with the signature all those months ago I'd send her a card. I would not have been able to do this without her.

Just remember- If *I* can do it- ANYONE can!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Aw- french toast- let me resize those...
  • amandakay23
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!
  • durlingkristi
    Options
    WOW congrats!!! : )
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    looking good, girl...keep it up!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    great job hun! u look amazing
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    that's brilliant, well done ;-)
  • susinator
    susinator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Amazing job ~ good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. I can't wait to get back to my before babies size!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! You look amazing!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Look at you!!!! It's like you've turned into a butterfly...........lovely. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I just joined, at let me say that you are an amazing inspiration!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, congrats!! BTW your daughter is super cute!
  • katiezi
    katiezi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    great job! you look fantastic!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You have to want to lose weight more than you want to eat too much.

SO TRUE! You look absolutely amazing! You almost don't even look like the same person! Congratulations!
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    wow that is really encourgaging...congrats! you look great! you worked hard and you deserve it...im hoping someday to be there! im as big as i have ever been right now and HATE IT...i wanna be the skinny girl!....congrats though!
  • Serenity79
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You have done well :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! You look fantastic! Congratulations on your success!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look really good. I love the little cutie smiling in your standing after pic! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!