A shoe question for people who have lost weight.

Options

Replies

• Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I went from 9.5 to 8.5-8 women's US. I also went for 5'5" down to 5'3" in height. I must have stored some fat in the padding of my feet O.o
  • melraelee
    melraelee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dolly Parton once said (about her shoe size) "I wear a 6, but a 7 feels so good I buy an 8."

Just cracks me up!
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    my feet have shrunk massively. I was formerly a 8.5 Wide, and now I'm more of a 7-7.5 regular.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Do your feet always shrink? Mine are SUPER tiny already and I don't want to start looking for shoes in kids wear!

I think it varies, but I feel ya. My feet aren't unusually small in general but they ARE small for my overall body size (I am 5'8" 175 and a size 10/12 clothing and wear 6.5 to 7 shoe...used to be 5'8" 307 lb at my heaviest and even then I wore a 7.5 shoe. Not wide, either, even at 300 lb!

I really feel weird shopping for 6.5 shoes alongside women who are usually like 5'0 tall! Just seems odd. I was even self conscious of this as a teen after a friend said "you have weirdly tiny feet" and had size 8 and 8.5 shoes that were falling off even with thick socks haha

The plus side of kids shoe shopping is I find boys hiking sandals for about 1/5 the price of the same product in women's sizes (especially clearance Keen or Merrell). Also, they're making more and more young girls' shoes in very adult looking styles so if your feet really are below a ladies 5 you may not be confined to kiddie-looking shoes after all!
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wore a solid 9, forever, 9 1/2 in super high heels... I lost weight and I now wear an 8 1/2 in all shoes, can squeeze into a few 8s in flats but barely lol
    Also, started to need wide shoes.... no more!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Used to be a 6,5, now Im a 5-5,5...shoe shopping used to b easy sigh :sad: :laugh:
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My feet are definitely more narrow!
  • ShirleyTonks
    Options
    What a great question, I have been wondering the same thing. Now I know, and am looking forward to reducing my shoe size. (first day today)
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have gone from a UK 9 to a UK 7.5 and lost some width - its great to have more choice in shoes but has added to the expense of new wardrobe!!
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that... I had always had very narrowed feet and now that I'm walking an average of 10 miles a day they seem to have gotten wider :(
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I lost 170 lbs and I went from a shoe size 9 to a 7.5. I had to throw away all my shoes. I also got an inch taller. Bodies are weird.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Do your feet always shrink? Mine are SUPER tiny already and I don't want to start looking for shoes in kids wear!

Sadly, I my feet have not shrunk at all, but have actually gotten a half size longer. However, I've gone from having wide feet to almost narrow feet.

And a bonus NSV ... I bought boots in a regular calf size over the weekend!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Sadly, I my feet have not shrunk at all, but have actually gotten a half size longer. However, I've gone from having wide feet to almost narrow feet.

And a bonus NSV ... I bought boots in a regular calf size over the weekend!!

Oh my, I hadn't even given my calf sizes a second thought. I always bought the ones from Avenue which had the wider calves... This is going to be fun :)
  • fluffywelshsheep
    fluffywelshsheep Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    when pregant and at my heaviest i was a 8 - 9 UK size but can get away with a 6 some times but mostly comfortable in a 7 - 7.5 uk
    no. but my running shoes are a still uk 8.5.

the shoe size was the 1st thing i started to notice on the weight loss journey, my feet would slide around in my shoes alot.
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My size went from a comfortable 14 down to a 12W.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed unfortunately I have stupidly narrow feet and I can never get shoes to fit me properly, it's one of my bug bears that they make wide and extra wide shoes but not narrow shoes, it's still the same whilst fat as it was when thin but I guess it depends where the weight sits on you.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my shrinking feet. My mom's a shoe shop-a-holic, so now that I've shrunk back to a 6/6.5, she's cleaning out her closet and filling up mine so she has an excuse to head out for more shoes to replace the ones she's given away. It's a win-win for us both. :laugh:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My shoe size has gone down from a ten to a 9 to 9 1/2 and I no longer take a wide.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    My feet have shrunk about 1/4-1/2 size.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've went from an 11W to a 10W but think I could go for regular width next pair I buy. My feet and ankles don't swell like they used to, thank god! :)