Illinois Peeps

Options

Replies

• shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You must be in a metropolitan area, or at the very least a larger community. Here in the sticks, Gibson City, it runs about $35/month for a gym membership. Now, if you want to join the local CrossFit gym, it's like $80/month!

We're in the Bloomington-Normal area. It's about 4 times the size of my hometown!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Illinois ( the good part ) born and raised, but presently in exile. I've seen quite a few Illinois folks on MFP. I will say, however, that Chicagoland seems way under-represented compared to southern Illinois. Maybe it's just me, but I've probably seen an equal number of people on here from the southern half, and population distribution would suggest that should not be the case.

I always get excited to see someone from IL but they're never closer than three hours from me! I'm only about 40 minutes west of the city and I have yet to see anyone from the actual suburbs like I am. It's all down near Peoria.

I live in Bartlett 40 mins west of the city.....We are you? I've been a MFP member since 2008. :happy:

I'm technically in Wheaton, or Carol Stream depending on who you listen to, and I work out in South Elgin on the Bartlet border.
  • mikeyp1967
    mikeyp1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right down the road from you Judykat7's SORENTO!!
  • mikeyp1967
    mikeyp1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should be from Walshville IL if you want to be from somewhere never heard of! Effingham has 3 exits does it not? I have been to weddings in Stewardson and have horse friends in Gibson City, it is a city.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Right down the road from you Judykat7's SORENTO!!

Yeah for God's country. I ride my bike all over Sorento area.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh I know where Gibson is! Cute little town
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Work in the city, live in Naperville.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep...who would of thought I would bump into someone I know here! Too funny John
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yep...who would of thought I would bump into someone I know here! Too funny John

Ditto! :)
  • fibbersteve
    fibbersteve Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Westmont, IL here. I've been doing 2-4 miles of jogging/walking from June to today. Always fun to wave to other cyclists and runners :) I admit to not caring about health while growing up and I've actually felt "bad" about it for a long time, through high school and beyond... but I'm doing something about it now and I'm coming out strong (almost 30 lbs lost in 3 months).
  • heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Westmont and now live just south of Springfield in Chatham. Working hard on my physical fitness and have been running 2-3 miles three days a week lately.
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Aurora checking in.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I live in Illinois across the Mississippi from St. Louis.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I replied to myself... disregard. lol
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Aurora checking in.

North Aurora here.
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Orginally Hoosier, then temorarily Arizonian, now resident of Champaign, Illinois woot woot
    I like the area. Lots of parks and walking paths. I work out at planet fitness (I know it is not for everyone but it works for me) and also a gym near by work in Tuscola.
    Feel free to add me - new friends always welcome
  • AndyPGonzalez
    AndyPGonzalez Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Illinois here! Anyone feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get
  • LadyKim66
    LadyKim66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I am an Ex- Illinoian.. does that count? I left there, um 30 years ago. LOL Grew up there though..
  • hersheylike13
    hersheylike13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What's up Illinois family.
    Oswego checking in (just moved from Ewardsville)
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lake County here!