WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Annie from UK here. I was part of this great group a long time ago. Lost my way with MFP, but I'm back and, I'd love to join you all again. I seem to have been maintaining for a while now, but really need to kick start the losses again. Look forward to chatting with you all. :glasses:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Popping in to save my place:bigsmile: !

I've read all the posts and I'm wishing everyone well:heart: !!!!

Gail (ladybabe):smile: Welcome to the best thread on MFP, you'll find lots of wonderful supportive women here!

Heather:smile: Hope you feel better soon! Add me to list of people that want to read hubby's books, I've just got to find the time to read now:sad: .

Jane Martin:smile: Have you heard anything about the townhouse yet? Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

Vicki:smile: Reading about your son just made me cry:cry::brokenheart: , sending you hugs!!!

Michele:smile: I'm sure everyone enjoy the social, you are a fabulous hostess:flowerforyou: ! How was the weather your way? It wasn't raining here but it was gray and dreary:frown: .

Wind:smile: Welcome to the thread!!! Come in often and chat!!!

Yanniejannie:smile: I would be furious at the teachers:explode: , that's just no way to do any type of business! Hope things work out for DD! Did the weather improve your way today? It's been lovely here, sunshine and temps around 83. Just about perfect:glasses: !

Cindy:smile: Hubby's arm looks magnificent:happy: !!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful peaceful relaxing evening!!! Im going to put my little steak on the grill and have dinner at a decent hour tonight:bigsmile: !!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in pleasant NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Gloria - love your quote” Have a great day, make smart choices and remember your health and happiness is much more important than imitation food.”

Anne – you get the hang of it…and most of us who respond person by person, do it by reading with a word doc open and put our responses in the word doc and then copy and paste it over as a reply - Glad you had a good ride.

CJ – welcome

Gail – welcome - you are well on your way – great job on giving up smoking – if you visit us often you’ll find we’ll cheer and be as much support as anyone can be virtually! I know because of the comment about stones, you are not from the USA – but where are you from?

Wind- Welcome

So bunch was fine, I even made good choices:smile::smile: … then there was this HUGE fatality crash a few cars ahead of me… 3 hours later I finally was getting close to home (they turned us around, and I had to drive 77 miles out of my way to get home) I drove by a burger king :sad: and lost it. – a milkshake ended up jumping out of the window and into my hand. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I do not think Levi and I can walk enough to walk it off before dark, but there is some digging in my yard that must be done TODAY or no dinner. What a stupid decision and really - truth be told - it was not that good; I would have liked a frap from starbucks more and it would have been less calories... So I am really not beating my self up just writing this to re-enforce better decision making next time.

August goals :
    Stretch 5 minutes a day xx
    Walk 45 minutes a day xxx
    Do Heather’s abc balance 1 time a week

Kim from N. California
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good evening!!
    haven`t heard about the townhouse,don`t know how much competion we have.IT`s In God`s hands.
    Had a great time yesterday at my son`s.Little Leah,was quite the entertainment.Good food and nice company.
    Hope to hear something this week.Thanks for the love and support.
    HUGS
    jane
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! DH’s birthday was lots of fun yesterday. We went bowling, came home and had presents, grilled brats, then watched a movie…the Hobbit …the new one. We had lots of fun and what I thought was neat was that DD#1’s friend and her boyfriend want to have dinner once a month with us. I just think that is so cool that young kids like that enjoy our company and want to spend time with us. There was drama of course; DD and her BF had some sort of fight and he refused to come, which led to lots of crying and carrying on. I just sympathized for a few moments then said “screw him. We’re having fun, come on.” And then she seemed to enjoy herself. DH is going to have a little talk with him; this behavior is not acceptable. This is the 3rd time he has said he was coming to something then didn’t. If you say you’re coming and I buy you food you had better show up or be in a coma somewhere.

Another kind of sweet thing happened during the movie. DD#1 wanted to come sit with us on the recliner/couch where there is only room for 3 and 3 of us were already sitting there. So she literally squeezed in between Len and myself, then took my hand and placed it on her belly so I could feel the baby kick. I never did, but that was very intimate and demonstrative for her. I was quite touched.

Alison: sending get well wishes for auntie. The home should be used to dementia patients acting out sexually; it’s really quite common. They lose their “filters” and can behave in inappropriate ways. Best to just keep calm about it.

Bjmcq: oh I didn’t’ realize what a cool summer you all have had. We have been cooler than normal here too and had another 2” of rain last night.

AnnCarolOne: boy I am sure hoping those lesions go away and stay away!

Heather: your travels and foods are so exotic; I love reading about them!

Geri hope your hubby is on the mend!!!

Kim: congrats on the smaller pants. 102 and has a personal trainer???? Oh my that woman is my hero!

Michele: what a great idea to take leftovers from the social to the soup kitchen. I don’t think ours will take homemade items.

Patty: congrats on completing the color run even if your nails are still blue!

Katla: enjoy the fishing!

Yanniejannie: I agree…that is quite rude~!

Sylvia: your bbq sounds like it will be fun! Love the Texan joke!

Cindy: your hubby is an inspiration to all “older” gentlemen!

Gloria; sending you hugs

Anne: that’s quite the bike ride. I’m happy to get 8 miles in!

CJ: glad you have you in our group!

Vicki: you didn’t get rain last night? We had a nice thunderstorm…the kind I like with the gentle thunder and 2” to go on my garden!

Gail: welcome to our group. Several of us here are diabetics

Wind and Annie: welcome aboard!

Kim: how frustrating for you and how horrible for the families of the people who died in the car crash

Jane: hoping you hear some good news about the house soon!

Well it’s about time for baseball. Benny’s foot looks somewhat better; still swollen but not quite so red. He’s not limping or holding it up like he had been. The vet called today to check on him. That was pretty nice. I had to close our discover account when I found some charges on it that I don’t recognize, so it will be about a week before we get new ones. That’s annoying but necessary. OK I’m off. Enjoy a peaceful Sunday night! Take care, Meg from soggy Omaha!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Was it yanniejannie or sylvia asking about the Ebola patient in Atlanta -- we just know what is on the news. Haven't really listened to any local news to know if folks are in an uproar about it. From what I read online they've kept the poor man well-isolated. Of course, we are northwest of Atlanta proper -- OTP (outside the Perimeter [highway, I-285]) in the suburbs.

Have been pre-birthday celebrating with family and friends this weekend -- great fun and, thus far, no resulting weight gain so I'm happy about that! One of my 'sisters-from-another-mother' gave me the prettiest painted and mirrored box to go in my office. I've never seen anything like it. DS#1 and his girlfriend took DH and I to dinner last night. Sure hope a wedding is in our future... she is delightful and they seem very happy together. (He is the one that had the brain injury a couple of years ago, for those that recall.)

Our nephew and his wife were blessed with a very healthy baby boy yesterday -- exciting stuff for our family. His name is Harrison and mom was doing well. Looks quite chubby in his picture, but even so, when you see them in person they look so tiny. Wonderful news.....

Hot in Atlanta this weekend and off/on cloudy, some rain so I haven't wanted to be outside.

I've been lurking and reading, but not posting much of late, though everyone is in my thoughts each day. Work continues to be overwhelming and I simply must rein the hours back in. (..but there is so much to do - a constant struggle for me)

ATL Gail --- since I see a new Gail has also posted (welcome!)
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Quick pop on...........ATL Gail..........I mentioned that I had followed the horrifying Ebola outbreaks in Africa for years about a week ago, then yesterday ( I think) Joyce brought up the Atlanta connection......

DD has been texting this afternoon with a young man she knows fairly well in the dual Vet/PhD program at the college in question and he says everyone is doing the work of three and she should call Ms. Professor and NOT let her off the phone until she gets an appt. set and all her questions answered. (Funny, that's been one of MY suggestions to her for a week...........lol..)

Got to run,
    yanniejannie.............still gray and drizzle, Dee Dee
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Meg, did that make you feel more like a Grandma? It looks like you are now.

I don't think we can have a more beautiful August here. July was like fall and August is just stunning, mid 80s. I sure hope it is going to be a nice temp in Panama City beach on October.

Well I wore my compression socks to church and was hoping that I wouldn't have to continuosly pump my legs in order to stay upright. It's OK when I am singing but not when I am standing during prayer. So I tried just being normal and standing there and singing and not hopping up and down. I did OK until the third song and I started feeling real dizzy again so I punched the event button on my monitor and then resumed my legs pumping. I didn't have any episode after that.

Have a wonderful evening ladies. Cindy, those are some awesome biceps hubbie has.

Joyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Good evening friends,

Taking a class on Global Foods tomorrow, so I will be gone most of the day. I think we are going to tour a food factory because they do not want us to wear sandals. Going through major adjustments with son moving back in. Can't quite put The D is front at the moment. He made some poor choice the first few days he has been here. Pray as he settles he starts to make choices that will help him rebuild his life in positive ways.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the first part of August.

Still working at drinking my water, so I will be well hydrated in the summer heat.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I lost you and found you again.
    Had a great drive out Sunday, my REST day. We drove to Waratah, about an hour, so Mildred beagle could play in the snow. Looked wonderful all white and crisp. Reminded me WHY I left England and refused to move to canad.
    Same weight this morning but I took 4 days off training last week. Sorted house, budget and ME. Easing back into it today.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did about 30 minutes of pilates. I'm not so crazy about that Fit in Six for the Wii. I thought it was something else. Anyway, I need to get ready for church now. Tomorrow I'm planning to do some yoga, hold my plank, and then take the extremepump class.

Told you I was over, the scale rewarded (?) me with a gain. But I'm sure I'll get it off. Enought of stressing.

Got up, went to church, got things ready for Jess to take back with her, saw her off, then went to Harbor Freight Tools since they had this type of outlet that Vince wanted, then stopped at WalMart. Vince has a colonoscopy scheduled for Thurs and he has to start the "cleanse" Tuesday so he wanted to have all the things he needed. Went in the pool. had dinner, went outside by the pool for a bit and read, now on here. I wish yesterday's weather was like today's. Today it is just so beautiful out

Sorry, not much time

Patty - that run sounds really neat, getting all blued over.

Heather - would you cook for me? PLEASE???? What a sweet thing for you to do for your hubby, having that surprise ready for him

Gloria - you sound like Vince, he won't go in the pool unless the first digit of the pool water is an "8". but for him it has to be in the mid-80's. I don't mind the water cooler as long as the ambient air is warm.

Anne - we all have senior moments. Don't let that stop you from coming here

CJ - welcome! When is your birthday? Tell us more about yourself

patchworkperson - Thank you for your good wishes. Yes, Vince's surgery went well. He can't get over how much improvement there is in the eye that was done. If he looks at a newspaper thru the eye that wasn't done (the right), the paper looks yellow. But if he looks at it thru the left eye (the one that was done), the paper looks white. He's constantly testing himself....lol

Beth - aren't we all so good at slipping back into old habits? I know that I went way over yesterday, did things like finished up the last little piece of cake, etc. Got rewarded with a nice gain. Today I'm really trying to get back on track and I think I'm doing fairly decently. You know, you can't see the stockings under pants so many times I wear them lots during the day in the wintertime.

Vicki - when we're having people over, I'm the person who likes to do things in advance, at least as much as possible. Vince is the person who likes to wait until the last minute to do everything. Like I was going to put out towels, I mentioned to Vince that we should put them out. He said "not until 4 o'clock". We never put them out because he didn't want to put the cats in the bedroom until after they had their dinner (at 4), then we had a hard time getting Bonnie to put her in the bedroom (not unusual). When I mentioned it he said "I thought you were going to do it". Like I'm going to do everything!!! I'll do it, but on MY timeframe

Gail - welcome. Congrats on no smoking. You'll get lots of encouragement and support here, that's for sure

Wind - welcome. What an interesting name! What part of FL are you in? Whenever we go to FL, it never ceases to amaze me how it's so hard to find decent food. You would think that there'd be very little deep fried food with all the heart problems, but I know of one restaurant where everything is either deep fried or there's pasta. At least that's the way it was a few years ago, I haven't gone back since

Annie from UK - welcome back!

DeeDee - the weather was decent, not great. The sun didn't really come out. We did have the heater on in the pool.

Meg - your daughter sounds so sweet!

Does anyone belong to Sam's club? As I interpret this new card that they're going to be sending, it seems to me that you're not going to get the distcount on your gas right at the pump, but they will send you a check (which you have to cash at Sam's) in Feb. Is that the way anyone else reads it?

Gail - congrats to your nephew

Leslie - so glad you found us. I so enjoy your posts

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,953 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sylvia, how great that you got a bike you like at a good price…..have fun

:flowerforyou: Margaret, I have a plan for how to get in my nine glasses of water each day…..I don’t drink water first thing in the morning because I walk the dogs for two hours…..when I get back after the walk, I drink one or two glasses of water while I talk to my hubby and he drinks coffee…I drink about three glasses of water while I work in the yard and when I go to line dance classes….I drink a glass of water at bedtime with my nighttime pill…..I tally the glasses of water on a piece of paper that I keep in the kitchen.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, it’s great that you met some of your July goals……you have come such a long way and you don’t ever give up.

:flowerforyou: Heather, the Turkish food shopping sounds like fun.

:bigsmile: Kim, I love the idea of being 102 years old and still working out with a personal trainer.

:flowerforyou: Michele, when a party is good, it always seems like it should last longer

:flowerforyou: Patty, wow, running 5K….I can walk that far, but not run.

:flowerforyou: Cindy, eating less bread always helps me

:flowerforyou: Anne in the Mohave Dessert, we don’t have good memories, just technology…:laugh: ..I open a word document in a separate window and write replies as I read.

:flowerforyou: CJ from RI, welcome….take it one day at a time….the longest journey starts with a single step….come back every day.

:flowerforyou: Gail x, your story is very inspiring…….one of the reasons most of us post on this thread is because we don’t have support from friends and family so we get our support here….I have an mp3 player and headphones for listening to music and podcasts when I walk or work-out so it doesn’t matter that no one wants to go with me.

:flowerforyou: Wind from Florida, welcome….if you can walk and swim then you are doing a lot more exercise than most people….focus on what you can do and don’t worry about what you can’t do.

:bigsmile: Annie from UK, welcome back

:flowerforyou: Meg, it’s good to hear some happy stories of you and your daughter….hugs to Benny,,,,,, happy birthday to your hubby.

:flowerforyou: Lesley, I’m glad you found us again….what fun for Mildred Beagle in the snow.

:flowerforyou: I did my strength training again today while watching TV….after not doing it for a long time, I went to back to 5 pound ankle weights. Jake spent the afternoon helping his friend groom her poodles so I had the house to myself so I could watch Magnum, P.I. on TV while I worked.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington

:bigsmile: 18,000 steps today
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Morning friends,

Barbie great plan for getting your water. Great way to drink our water throughout the day. I never found out how much my niece drank at once that got her into trouble I just remember it was hot and she was doing some moving I think she was afraid she would become dehydrated. She ended up at the hospital because drinking so much water at once upset the balance of her electrolytes.

Today off to learn about global food from an economics perspective, so tomorrow I can hopefully make better food choices.

2014 word: contentment

:heart: MNMargaret
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just checking in before we go to the gym. The scale was kind to me this morning. Inside my head a song keeps playing...

another pound bites the dust...and another one's gone, and another one's gone...

How can I feel downright skinny at 191 pounds?!

We went shopping for a bike helmet last night but couldn't find anything that fit my giant head. At least not at a price hubby was comfortable with. He cringes at paying twice the cost of the bike for a helmet.

Later ladies!

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: A person can overdo nearly anything and end up with problems. Was it Socrates who urged us to moderation in all things? I did a brief internet search and didn’t find it.:noway: :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: You are a champion and have transformed yourself. I’m glad you’re feeling good about the changes you’re making.:drinker: :flowerforyou:

I’ve missed a lot of posts while we had company, and I’ve decided to just pick things up from here. Yesterday we sailed, the guys fished, and we had a lovely dinner at home. I got seasick and had to use a patch to finish the day because the river was very lumpy and after we anchored we didn’t have directional stability for a while. :sick:

A neighbor walked into our house during the dinner hour and started talking about her cats, then wandered away again. This woman is a habitual drunk, and I’m sure she was under the influence at the time. She’s at the center of a bad situation involving raccoons fighting on a house rooftop and keeping several of the neighbors awake most of the night. She doesn’t follow the rules of the homeowners association, and feeds raccoons inside her house, thus attracting them into the neighborhood. Raccoons are dangerous animals and the rest of us don’t want them here, fear for the safety of our pets, and are really fed up with her disregard of the rules, neighborhood safety, and all of our opinions. Something needs to be done to change things.:angry:

Wish us luck.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,274 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - congrats on the new skinny you! ! ! ! ! Isn't it wonderful when we have a bounce in our step!:flowerforyou:

Katla - that kind of anti social behaviour is so difficult to deal with. We had a guy like that in our old block of flats. One lovely couple who lived above him ended up moving out.:ohwell:

Just been over to talk to the woman who is restringing my jet necklace. She seems to be finding it a bit of a challenge. I have no idea really, but she said she would send me a photo when she has fiddled with it a bit more. I think there are going to have to be two strands. If I'm not happy I will have to find someone else.:ohwell:
    Then we went to our local posh supermarket to buy stuff. I have decided to make gazpacho for Friday, followed by an onion and taleggio (a melting cheese) puff pastry tart. It's pre cricket so we will be eating pretty early and quickly. That is if there is a match - rain is forecast. I will have a mini portion of tart.:bigsmile:
    We still haven't had any rain here at all. I think this must be the dryest place in the UK. :grumble: Watering every day.:grumble:

Missing my DGC already. :love: Especially the luscious baby.:heart: I get to hold her such a lot of the time when I am there so my arms feel empty now. Katla - I know you can't wait to see yours again.:love: We will have to make a quick pop up to see them this month before they come and stay on their own at the beginning of September. I don't want her to forget me!:tongue:

Tonight is bolognese sauce with garden zucchini. Tagliatelli for DH. Before that I'm going to make a mint syrup. We have DH'S sister, daughter and niece all coming to stay on the 22nd August so it will be VERY loud and exitable. We are barbecueing the sheftali I bought on Saturday with tandoori chicken and my thoughts turned to cocktails. I have masses of mint out there so MOJITOS it is.:drinker: :bigsmile: I will also make some straight syrup for DAIQUIRIES. I feel another karaoke moment coming on! We had such a fab time at Christmas!:drinker: :laugh:

Love to all. Off to boil up a storm!:laugh:

Heather in very dry Hampshire UK
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    :love: Meg,very sweet gesture from your daughter. Know that made your heart melt.Glad you all had a HB wk end.......great family memories. I agree about the home being equipped to handle dementia/Alzheimer's patients.After having problems with patients getting outside,Mom's home went to locked wards.Another beautiful new home in same area was closed by the state in just over a yr from their opening. So many patients had family who complained of patients getting out & no one knowing till someone returned them to police.Finally ,one went walking across a 4 lane highway & was hit/killed.

:smile: Has anyone heard from Carol in NC? Haven't seen any posts from her lately.

"Pat in OH: I get my protein mainly from meat and fish, but quinoa has a good amount of protein as does tofu." Can't do quinoa,nor tofu. DH won't touch them. I try to make dinner food we both eat,just less for me. He doesn't like us having separate meals.Not that I miss quinoa or tofu,LOL :noway:

:laugh: Sylvia,I also have a large head & look quite goofy in most hats.Too bad the yard sale didn't 't have a bike helmet.Lots of yard sales do.

:flowerforyou: Heather,we have been close to our 3 Grandchildren.They are nearly all grown & are still close to us.Mother in law...(FIL died young)
    was nice,but had no interest in young kids.She had 11 & to my knowledge she didn't see them except at family dinners.When the 9 GRkids in my family mentioned Grrammie &Grpa,we all knew they were talking about my parents.

Coming from a family with a lot of elderly aunts who lived to 96-106,living to those ages scares me silly! Like I said tho,it's in my genes. :cry:

Michelle,the food banks/soup kitchens in our area take unopened boxes/cans of food,but nothing cooked.

:grumble: YannieJannie.......Hope the school works out for your DD.Sounds like they need good office help.

:wink: Jane: hoping you hear some good news about the house soon!

:laugh: Gonna be very hot for a couple days ....already here. So thankful for AC. A good day to have pizza for dinner,let Flyers do the cooking. Have a nice day & welcome to the new posters.

Pat in Ohio
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke is for those of us with technology addictions. #1seems to be directed at me personally.

:happy:

You know it is time to reassess your relationship with

your computer when....

1. You wake up at 4 O'clock in the morning to go to the bathroom and

stop to check your email on the way back to bed.

2. You turn off your computer and get an awful empty feeling, as if

you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

3. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just

for the free internet access.

4. You laugh at people with 28.8 modems.

5. You start using smileys :-) in your snail mail.

6. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word

processor.com

7. You can't correspond with your mother because she doesn't have a

computer.

8. When your email box shows "no new messages" and you feel really

depressed.

9. You don't know the gender of your three closest friends because they

have nondescript screen name and you never bothered to ask.

10. You move into a new house and you decide to "Netscape" before you

landscape.

11. Your family always knows where you are.

12. In real life conversations, you don't laugh, you just say "LOL, LOL".

:laugh:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome to August Ladies, I have been gone for over 3 wks went on a camping trip with DGC had a great time and being with kids keeps you so busy that was my exercise weighed in and am the same so that's great cause camp food is on no ones diet lol
    Have read all the posts just got to log in because wifi was pretty wonky at best

Want to welcome all the new ladies great place to come to for anything...

Prayers and well wishes to all in need and special congrats to those lucky enough to meet julys goals

For August I plan to keep on track with portion control and up my steps per day

Have a great week and Thanks to all for being here when we need you

Juanita in sudbury
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Well it’s a Monday! Bleh LOL. Stayed home today so I’m checking in early because I go to water aerobics tonight. Followed DH as he took the old, old infiniti in to get a new clutch (it’s a standard) so Alena can learn to drive on it. Tanya learned on it too. After Alena is done with it we will probably donate it. It’s a ’93 and I loved it so much! Now it’s got a lot of rust and runs rough, but it will do for another year or so. It’s really cloudy but not supposed to rain; I need to put some bug stuff on my day lilies ( they have aphids) but I’m worried about it washing off! So I’m just putting it off!

Gail Atlanta: I think some people are reacting to the Ebola patient out of ignorance. We too have one of the four intense biohazard units in the country and can take that type of patient and people here in Omaha are already screetching about “what if” someone with Ebola comes here? It’s crazy.

Yanniejannie: I agree about not letting ms. Professor off the phone!

Joyce; those episodes have got to be a bit scary for you! I am not sure how I feel about being “nanna” yet. I’m still holding out hope she’ll come to her senses and decide to adopt. However, yesterday she told her sister she is thinking of breaking up with the bf because she and the baby don’t need anything except each other. AAAAAGHHHH. Typical of her thinking; she is expecting this baby to fill all her needs, just like a 14 year old would (that’s her developmental level). I guess all I can do is wait and see.

Margaret: thinking of you and your “S” sans “D”. I hope he does settle in and starts making better choices. Does he have consequences for inappropriate choices?

Lesley : we all need some “me” time! I love my snow and cold weather

Michele: I have friends who are members of Sams club or Costco, but I have gone as a “guest” and find a lot of things cheaper at
    Walmart. I can’t buy huge quantities of food but I keep looking!

Barbie: another great step day

Sylvia: omg I have that song in my head now! Usually it’s the Al Yankovic version, but now it’s yours! Good for you to feel skinny!

Katla: not to mention raccoons carry rabies!

Heather: please send my mojitos asap!

Pat; oh my gosh how sad about that dementia patient who was killed. Most of the places around here have open wards but the doors to the outside are locked unless they have an enclosed garden area where the patients cant get out of.

Juanita: so glad you had fun camping. Boy are you right that camp food is not diet food at all!

Well I think I have made up my mind to get my buns outside and spray those plants! Then some scrapbooking I think. I’m just enjoying this last bit of summer without work responsibilities! Maybe I’m just being lazy, but I’m liking it! Take care, Meg from cloudy Omaha