Thoughts on a pollo-vegetarian diet

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I must be one of these too. Red meat is expensive and I can't cook fish. Identity crisis averted.

You can cook fish. I used to be afraid of cooking fish, and then I got a fish thermometer. Life changing.

http://www.amazon.com/Burton-Plastics-Perfect-Fish-Thermometer/dp/B0047AIB7S/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1407176705&sr=1-1&keywords=fish+thermometer

*mouth dropping*

I'm the master of kitchen gadgets and do not have this...
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    So can I be a vegetarian too, except I only eat beef and chicken? Sometimes fish, but it's not all the time so it doesn't count.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Did you want our thoughts or did you want to complain about the blowback you've gotten for being a vegetarian that eats chicken?

I'm a breatharian, but I also eat chicken and steak and potatoes and fruits, and vegetables, and legumes, and booze, and...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    .................though it could be confused with the YOLO-vegetarian ......best to just not go there eh? \m/
  • WhizGidget
    WhizGidget Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok. So you eat food. I eat food. I think a great many people here eat food too. I think the only ones who don't eat food are BreathAirians, but they don't tend to live for very long.

So, you eat a specific type of food, and avoid another specific type of food. Ok. My mom had a word for that growing up. It's called being a picky eater.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    And I'm a black man with white skin. I call myself a negrohonkeyan.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. :indifferent:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    if we're going with spanglish your term is perfect \m/

I'm a Popeye's-tarian myself.
  • Ms_Lemgo
    Ms_Lemgo Posts: 12
    Options
    Having been a vegetarian pretty much all my life, I was unaware that chickens fall into any of the following categories.......

"A vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs.
    or
    A vegetarian does not eat meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or by-products of slaughter." www.vegsoc.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=508
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Oh, we know that pollo-vegetarian is a "real thing." We just think it's stupid to have a label for every style of eating. You do realize that A LOT of people eat this way without actually associating themselves with the vegetarian campaign, right?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's not in the dictionary, it's not real. That's good enough for me.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    if we're going with spanglish your term is perfect \m/

large.gif

(Mmmm... Tom Hiddleston)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have a co-worker that eats like this. only he's not all snotty about it calling himself a polotarian. he just tells people he doesn't eat beef or pork.

he also eats turkey and seafood though... i wonder what it makes him???
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This whole feed made me laugh out loud!!!!
    I agree, you can call yourself whatever you want, but it does sound pretty funny. Not sure why you really posted that, but good luck with any food plan you choose. I also agree with what said about labels. However, I want to be some kind of "czar" like the health and fitness czar or something like that.
    Vegetarian Definition (not from the urban dictionary)
    noun
    1. a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.

P.S. I am a vegetarian, but that is not how I define myself. I only tell people that if they offer me meat (fish, fowl or dairy).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    people-dont-care-about-your-diet.gif

Was about to post this gif... Well everyone sums everything up so I'll leave this

tumblr_mq0atik82M1sr5pofo1_500.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Maybe if your diet name wasn't an oxymoron, you'd get less crap for it. Or maybe just eat the food you want to eat and refrain from the burning compulsion to tell people how you eat?
  • veganlady73
    veganlady73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're not a vegetarian.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    i have a co-worker that eats like this. only he's not all snotty about it calling himself a polotarian. he just tells people he doesn't eat beef or pork.

he also eats turkey and seafood though... i wonder what it makes him???
    ....said captain a pollo-vegetarian.....\m/
This discussion has been closed.