Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting back on track

Hi everyone,

My name is Shelley and I'm from Tampa, Fl. I lost 100 lbs about 4 years ago and I have put about 30 back on slowly over the last 2.5 years. I'm 31 and getting ready to marry the man of my dreams next March so, I am looking to drop as much as possible before the wedding. Any tips or advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Hi and welcome! You can do this! Add me as a friend if you like. I'll to encourage you along your way. I've lost 31 lbs since April and never believed this was possible!
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Congrats Shelley! I know when I got married I did a higher protein diet with healthy carbs, fruits and veggies. Your goal is totally reachable by spring. Start walking and eating better and you will have this!
  • Congrats on everything!! Your about to enter a world of superwoman extra! My advice is simple but helps me: in everything that you do find perspective. Life is a gift.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Simply put...
    Firstly, Congratulations!
    Secondly, You can do this!
    Feel free to friend me as well.
  • Thank you ladies :). I started to get myself back on track last Friday and have not done the first weigh in yet (I like to do once a week so I don't get down about the day to day weight changes we have as women). I feel better since I have been keeping the food and excersize journal on here and my 6 year old daughter keeps me swimming daily and I walk 45 minutes at work. I would love to be able to take my dress for alterations in January and need to have it sized down a lot. I'm currently a size 10 but was down to a 6 (sometimes a 4 depending on the material and designer). I'm looking to get as close to that again as I can. My main hurdle is the fact that I only have the 30 to lose and my metabolism has seemed to stall out since I hit 30 (ugh). I went to my Dr. last time who helped me with a specialized diet (no pills or shots) and it worked well but as soon as I stepped out of it a little the weight found it's way back so, I have been fighting to stay high protien and low carb to get back on that diet plan.