It's the Zombie Apocalypse-is your skill set up to snuff?

Options

Replies

• cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i know how to stay vewy vewy quiet, i can wriggle through small spaces, and Poverty Cupboard Alchemy 101 taught me how to scrape together a meal from nothing. i worth Something, goddammit.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I think my skills would be most beneficial when we get around to starting a new civilisation. You know, making wine, growing food stuffs, baking bread, canning, making soap, going from raw wool or other fibers to nice warm garments, some herb knowledge. Doesn't do any harm that I can also run and lift a bit ;-)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    wise words of major payne "killing is my business, ladies, and business is good" :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I can provide comic relief.
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried....the comic relief would confuse the zombies
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If it happens, i don't see the point of survival only to continue to live in fear for perpetuity. I'd rather take two to the head and end the suffering.

What do you think life is every day now? Every day we wake up its about survival. There is stuff going on in the world today that is a whole lot scarier than zombies. At least zombies don't have the ability to plot and plan and reason.

You might as well go ahead and do it today, and save the resources for us.

Have you ever seen the show? I don't know where you live, but there is nothing that scary going on where I live.

As for me, I don't think I'd make it very long LOL.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well..I will let you judge. I can hunt and kill and clean and cook my own food. I can grow my own food. I am pretty mechanically inclined and very creative. I do not have a problem with defending myself or what is mine or helping out friends (this could be my undoing)...and I HATE zombies.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    how-you-picture-yourself-in-a-zombie-apocalypse.jpg
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Nothing but a target practice .. if I turn to a zombie, you better watch out I'm a beast..
  • Spicysausage2
    Options
    I've an excellent runner/ athlete with fast reflexes and a strong body.

I need to learn how to start fire with 2 sticks that *kitten* never works..
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've an excellent runner/ athlete with fast reflexes and a strong body.

I need to learn how to start fire with 2 sticks that *kitten* never works..
    But it looks considerably doable on Naked and Afraid, lol
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    Well..I will let you judge. I can hunt and kill and clean and cook my own food. I can grow my own food. I am pretty mechanically inclined and very creative. I do not have a problem with defending myself or what is mine or helping out friends (this could be my undoing)...and I HATE zombies.
    I want to be on your team--I can bake cookies.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    If it happens, i don't see the point of survival only to continue to live in fear for perpetuity. I'd rather take two to the head and end the suffering.

What do you think life is every day now? Every day we wake up its about survival. There is stuff going on in the world today that is a whole lot scarier than zombies. At least zombies don't have the ability to plot and plan and reason.

You might as well go ahead and do it today, and save the resources for us.

Have you ever seen the show? I don't know where you live, but there is nothing that scary going on where I live.

As for me, I don't think I'd make it very long LOL.
    And the "humans" have been a far bigger threat. . . . thus far.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    I can provide comic relief.
    And tragedy would not be so without it/you;)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Not to be a pessimist or anything but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be the first one to die. I'll be lucky enough if I manage to see two other person die first before me. Just sayin

haha I used to say this everytime we talked about zombies! But now I started running... so I guess I might be goind third or fourth :laugh:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    my IQ is +130
    my bf is <14%
    aced the ASVAB with 98%
    wait wait wrong thread sorry

can run (scout/courier/messenger) and skateboard (...if the roads aren't clogged with dead cars. BTW in ZA skateboards > bikes because portability)
    can climb
    don't need to eat much (great at fasting)
    limited knowledge of nutritional/healing herbs
    can take a LOT of pain
    decisive
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    Zombie Apocalypse Skills eh? Alright.. let me list them.

I know how to make the following armor, functional at that.
    Chainmaille, Boiled Leather, linothorax. If I have the proper steel sheeting I can size and make plate as well.

I can operate a forge for simple tools, hammers, chisels, knives, crude swords.

I can build a steel reinforced mason wall, know a bit about irrigation technique, can grow my own food, find edible plants, hunt, purify water and I know the very best ways to heat a structure using any traditional method imaginable.

I can build a generator if necessary and with access to a machine shop, otherwise I can repair small motors and do all the necessary maintenance.

All that said I'm a crack shot with a rifle and only slightly less proficient with a hand gun, can throw a well balanced hatchet or knife and hit my target with about 80% accuracy. I have been trained in traditional longsword techniques, can throw a javelin quite nicely and have trained other individuals in most of the above crap.

None of that crap matters, because my main skill and most useful in any sort of apocalyptic breakdown is my knowledge and ability to turn hops into beer and distill one hell of a wicked whiskey. :drinker:
    here, here:drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How does anybody know what skills will be most useful in a Zombie Apocalypse? I mean, has anybody ever SEEN a walking, talking zombie?

Yeah, Nancy Pelosi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    Not to be a pessimist or anything but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be the first one to die. I'll be lucky enough if I manage to see two other person die first before me. Just sayin

haha I used to say this everytime we talked about zombies! But now I started running... so I guess I might be goind third or fourth :laugh:
    run faster--they're not very fast, particularly when they start losing limbs and what not.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    Well, my tea and coffee making skills are above par.....
    Find us an oven and we can open a ZA Bakery. . . . :smile: