Options

Replies

• mellie506
    Options
    Doesnt hummus go with everything? Ha
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    great ideas! well, i didn't know about hummus until i married a Lebanese man and hummus is served at almost every meal. I love eating it with dinner, just put it on the side of my plate and scoop a bit of hummus up with each bite.

i've tried it with Romaine and it's ok. I think it will be like that pretty much across the board with most vegetables and I'll probably just have to get used to it.

Hummus goes well w/ my slow carb diet, but the pita bread does not. I cannot have any "white" carbs - just veggies and legumes.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I often use hummus as/instead of a "salad dressing".
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Falafel chips or rice crackers.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is my go to veggie with hummus if I'm doing veggies instead of a carb based dipper. And I find that sliced carrots tend to go better than baby carrots. I don't know how to describe why, but they just do for me. lol
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    low-carb garlic tortilla!
  • rtjmnz
    rtjmnz Posts: 9
    Options
    Cucumbers are also good. I don't know anyone who eats cucumber alone so hummus is a great way to make it a yummy snack. This is also weird and I only did it once but I dipped some nuts into it (walnuts, almonds) and it was delicious. Pretty much anything goes with hummus.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I eat it on Organ Crispibread with Quinoa,
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Celery and Cucumbers are my fave veggies to dip in hummis. I like it as a sandwich spread too.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use it as a dip with bell peppers, sugar snap peas, fresh green beans, carrots, grape tomatos, broccoli. A tip for those hard raw veggies is to steam them for 2-3 minutes. I always steam my broc, sugar snap peas and fresh green beans so they are bright green and to me actually taste better :bigsmile:
  • markchoo
    Options
    I use it on boiled eggs too..... Very good....
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal bread, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil with some spring onions.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Top it with seasoned ground beef and spoon it into romaine lettuce boats. ZOMG!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat it with Ryvita Thins or just on it's own with a spoon is also a good option :-D I also use it in my tuna sandwiches instead of mayo
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    More often than not, I just use it as a dip. For vegetables and crackers.

It is, also, pretty good on sandwiches.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, sugar snap peas and mini sweet peppers are good!

Edit to fix the wrong type of pea!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    My faves are cucumbers, sliced Roma tomatoes, and snap peas. I also really like mixing my hummus with some mashed overripe avocado for a hummus-guac hybrid. Sounds odd, but super good.
  • xeniaox
    xeniaox Posts: 5
    Options
    cucumber and carrot sticks :)
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    I use it as a sandwich/wrap/pita condiment, and basically any vegetable

I actually have a container at home with hummus, brown rice, hot peppers, and pickled turnip - waiting to go in a pita.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I add chipotle hot sauce (sounds crazy, but it's AMAZING) and then put it on/in turkey like a "roll up". I also like to eat it with peppers, cucumbers, carrots, celery, or other veggies.