Can I use TDEE calorie info?

Hi

I've come across TDEE - is seems more accurate / useful than the calorie recommendations here on MFP?
How can I incorporate TDEE values into my food diary and exercise diary calculations?

Thanks for your help

Replies

• garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    I don't know exactly what you mean.

TDEE is just a measure of how much energy you burn each day. By eating about 500 calories less than this a day, you'll lose about 1lb a week.

MFP already uses an estimated TDEE to give you your calorie goals.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    If by TDEE method, you mean eating a fixed amount - cut without concern for burns. Yes you can.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1187899-in-place-of-a-roadmap-short-n-sweet-reposted?hl=Roadmap&page=1
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I've come across TDEE - is seems more accurate / useful than the calorie recommendations here on MFP?
    Estimating your exercise in advance rather than after the event doesn't make it more accurate - just makes it more simple. Probably suits people better who have a regular exercise routine or just plain like to eat the same every day.
    How can I incorporate TDEE values into my food diary
    Don't understand what you mean by this, food is food? (ETA - or do you mean how to set your calorie goal for the TDEE amount? If so, you can custom set your TDEE calorie goal.)
    and exercise diary calculations?
    People doing TDEE often log their exercise minutes but overwrite the suggested MFP calorie values with "1 calorie" so you don't get extra calories added to your diary.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    MFP already uses an estimated TDEE to give you your calorie goals.
    No MFP isn't a TDEE calculator - it excludes exercise (it's a N.E.A.T. calculator).
  • Diva_79
    Diva_79 Posts: 66
    Thanks! I didn't explain myself well cause I didn't really understand what I was writing but after reading your responses I know what I need to do now :-)