All Male fully clothed yoga

Options
Taught by a monk..would you do it?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    No. Because I'm female. But I would also be wary of the 'fully clothed' thing. Yoga is about acceptance. Is it implying that we need to hide our arms and legs, or even male torsos?
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    Some yoga teachers prefer that the students wear form fitting clothes so that the teacher can see if the students are doing the poses correctly.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yea why not ? If im going to do yoga I'm not there to stare at girls or guys. Wouldn't make a difference.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Is the monk qualified to teach and what form of yoga?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the objection would be here?

Does the monk know something you want to learn and is willing to teach you? Yes? Go for it.

Is there something I'm missing in the OP? Some subtext that I'm too stupid to pick up on?
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What's the problem? If he is a good instructor, I have no issues.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Why would you not? I'd interpret this as somewhere for men to feel safe to try something new. I'm guessing he's not a catholic monk.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Does the monk know something you want to learn and is willing to teach you? Yes? Go for it.

Is there something I'm missing in the OP? Some subtext that I'm too stupid to pick up on?

I believe so. I think what the OP is implying is that most males that go to yoga classes do so for the females in tight/revealing clothing, aka eye candy.
  • jimmmer
    Options

I believe so. I think what the OP is implying is that most males that go to yoga classes do so for the females in tight/revealing clothing, aka eye candy.

Oh, I see.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    i missed that one too..

sure...as long as there are snacks... must be snacks :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

:laugh: If that's the case then, I don't think OP is working hard enough in yoga class
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Topic #1,456 that proves no power on the planet will stop a woman from giving her opinion.

giphy.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    You mean there are no women in yoga pants to creepily watch from the back of the room?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It's not gay unless you look at each other in the eyes!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I get it now. The OP appears to have a rather negative, cynical, narrow-minded view of the male sex.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I think If I saw any ad for Yoga that felt it needed to include "Fully Clothed" in the description I'd be leery. My assumption is always that you wear clothes to yoga, so specifically mentioning that would be kind of creepy. Sort of like saying "Yoga, taught by Non-Rapist".
  • jimmmer
    Options
    I think If I saw any ad for Yoga that felt it needed to include "Fully Clothed" in the description I'd be leery. My assumption is always that you wear clothes to yoga, so specifically mentioning that would be kind of creepy. Sort of like saying "Yoga, taught by Non-Rapist".

Always a bonus in a yoga teacher...
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options

Always a bonus in a yoga teacher...

Oh. Sorry if that's what your ad says. I'm sure it doesn't come off as creepy at all in your ad. I'd probably stop there though - the additional "...seriously, definitely not a registered sex-offender" may be a bit over the top. Methinks he doth protest too much.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Topic #1,456 that proves no power on the planet will stop a woman from giving her opinion.
    Sorry. The fact that this was supposed to be locker room humor went totally over my head. You bet I would've left it alone if I'd 'gotten it'. :laugh: