Serious Relationship Question

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    You have something against meeting someone online. Its 2014. Times changes from traditional dating. Unfortunate for me long distance sucks so hopefully this person lives close to you. Some people do the long distance thing fine. I cannot and will not.

This
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    I did it. We moved in together. I've never been happier.
  • I met my husband online, so I say yes. It's possible, but I do think this is a question for a site like MeetMe. Not here.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    anything can happen if you make the effort \m/
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Relationship? BUAH HA HA HA HA... I'm here for the innocent fresh meat. You should see the size of my vict... I mean friend spreadsheet.
    b6171ea34a615408d6691a24403d620f5102e700cc032652ef5319b27c36b21a.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

On here? Trust me my friend. Be very careful. You'll be the one that gets hurt.

I hope, for your hearts sake, I'm wrong!

h609F6732
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    I can't answer unless you give names. You know, for a scientific response.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Just make sure your MFP friend isn't married. Like really make sure. "Going through a separation," is still married.

So a seperated person isn't allowed to enter into a new relationship until the ink is dry on the divorce, and must surely still have feelings for their spouse? WRONG!!

I am seperated and definitely do not consider myself 'still married' and neither does my (technically still) husband, otherwise he wouldn't be living with hin new girlfriend!!

OK I understand that lots of people on here may try to play games by saying they're single while still in a relationship, which is terrible, but you shouldn't imply that a seperated person is somehow 'dodgy' because of that!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    LDR's don't work.

Psh... maybe not for you... I met my husband (not online though) and then we had an LDR for 3 years because we were going to two different schools... did we have problems, sure... but obviously we made up for it as we are married and have been for 6 years now. LDR's work if you want it to....

anyway... OP listen to NIKE.

Well we are who we are. I just phrase it that I don't like LDR. Girls in Maryland I talk feel that it is hard for guys to do LD. Relationship with no affection. I remember my friend when he was doing LDR with his gf, there engaged now, when she went to school. Guys night out was ordering pizza and playing video games. LOL

It all depends.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    There was a girl on my friend list that met a guy on here, they talked, what have you. Eventually, he went to meet her and they started dating. So... I guess.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Yes, it is possible and yes I've seen it happen and know a few couples that are still together. I met my husband online.

I just sincerely hope for both your sakes your BOTH single. A lot of people online are not always what they seem to be..

Also did you see the does your s/o have access to your phone and does your s/o have access to your mfp account? There was a HUGE difference in the amount of replies. Meaning mfp is hidden more than some will admit.

Also make sure what he is telling you.. He's not going and saying to another female half dressed on his list lol
  • beckybooo87xx
    beckybooo87xx Posts: 19 Member
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I can't answer unless you give names. You know, for a scientific response.

She's right. We need deets.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    I have friends who met in an online forum and have been married for more than 16 years so I'm going to say yes, it's possible.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    MFP is so good at relationship advice
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    MFP love: "You had me at 'sugar toxins' "

LMFAO!!!

OP, I met my wife on the interwebz! We've been together for 6 years and have a whole litter of kids now. It can happen.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    you are aware that its against guidelines to create a second account for any reason, right?

:ohwell: :grumble: :noway: :yawn:
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member

Women who can fit their fist in their mouth seldom need relationship advice. Nomsayin?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member

Women who can fit their fist in their mouth seldom need relationship advice. Nomsayin?

Completely agreed :wink:
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Sure! Why not? Couples have met under stranger circumstances. I met my boyfriend online (dating site) 4 years ago. I introduced my best friend to a guy who misdialed a number and accidentally called my house. They've been married 15 years & have 2 kids.

Go for it!