• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    MFP is so good at relationship advice

Just break up.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I send out lots of junk pics but the girls ignore it. I mean, I'm just trying to give them an idea of what I have to offer before we get married.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you should use the macro mode to make it look bigger?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

ummm... if MFP isn't a dating site, then why do they allow you to search the member database by gender, age, and distance from a given zipcode? :huh:
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

*spits out her drink* :laugh: :laugh: Jac, you had to go there? *snickers*
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Do you really mean if it possible if one, or both, of you is married?

You are married and we have a great relationship! How you got him to agree with it I will never know...

It's the power of the V.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ^^^ good point lol @ brainy burro
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I send out lots of junk pics but the girls ignore it. I mean, I'm just trying to give them an idea of what I have to offer before we get married.

What am I doing wrong?

Then they think I'm catfishing when I show up and it doesn't look the same!
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you are aware that its against guidelines to create a second account for any reason, right?
    You couldn't have been on this site for more than 7 days. No one falls that fast. Especially online.

I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships evolve from friendships on this site. But... not that damn fast!

in the OP, she/he states they created a second account just to ask this question.

As long as you watch out for this person who is apparently chief of the MFP police
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well, there are a lot of ppl who meet online and form relationships, date, get married, ect. Personally I would date long distance, but thts just me. :)
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    you are aware that its against guidelines to create a second account for any reason, right?
    You couldn't have been on this site for more than 7 days. No one falls that fast. Especially online.

I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships evolve from friendships on this site. But... not that damn fast!

in the OP, she/he states they created a second account just to ask this question.

lol some ppl are so an ally retentive it's unreal. Dude give the person a break. This is obviously a big thing for them to have created a 2nd account.
    OP, they don't work, well not for me anyway, never had in the past and doubtful ever to in the future. Best of luck.
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if this is crush, something serious, friendship, online or real life.... You have to talk about it with them. With out communication you have relationship. Being able to to communicate with you the other person is the foundation for any type of relationship.
    Married 17, together for 19 years to the most amazing woman in the world.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

lol some ppl are so an ally retentive it's unreal. Dude give the person a break. This is obviously a big thing for them to have created a 2nd account.
    OP, they don't work, well not for me anyway, never had in the past and doubtful ever to in the future. Best of luck.

It makes you wonder who is the OP. I am pretty sure that I do not know the OP or else there be some major communication issues.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options

What am I doing wrong?

Then they think I'm catfishing when I show up and it doesn't look the same!

You just have to put a caption on the bottom stating "objects in picture may be smaller than they appear" or "not actual size" then its not false advertising! lol

:laugh:
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

I know two couples who've met on here and are pursuing something together. Not sure how it'll turn out, but why is it any different meeting someone here as opposed to somewhere else?
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I met my best friend on here about a year ago. He thought I was hot. I thought he was sweet. Turns out that we're way too similar to date, but we became best friends and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Sure, it was a little weird to meet someone from the internet at first, but everything is scary the first time. Pick a public place and get out there! You never know what could happen!
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Of course.

Everyone on my list is only there because we want to bang each other.
    Well George is just there for doing spit roasts with the freaky girls on my list.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I didn't take the time to read through all the responses to this but wanted to stop in and give you my quick opinion on the matter. I met my boyfriend on here. I had been using the site for almost a year before I met him so it definitely wasn't my intention to use this as a dating site. I know a lot of people on here look down on that but frankly, I don't care. He lived in California and I live in Oklahoma. Long story short - he ended up moving out here to Oklahoma to be with me and yesterday we celebrated our 1 year anniversary.

So is it possible? Yes. Will people judge you? Probably. But go with your gut and what makes you happy. I wouldn't trade the way things worked out in my situation for anything in the world. I say go for it and see where it goes for you guys. I'm sure glad I did.
  • my_chrystal82
    my_chrystal82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go for it. The worse that can happen is an unfriend scenario. Your life is now!