how many pounds lost before people started to notice?

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    For those close to me, they started commenting around 20 pounds, but for those not so close, it was about 50 pounds, right after I got under 300 pounds. For me, as the pounds drop, I stand taller and start holding my frame differently, and I break out the smaller sized clothing, so weight loss starts becoming more noticable.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think it was in and around 15 pounds for me.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The co-workers noticed it at 10 pounds, my husband didn't notice when I gain the 23 pounds nor when I lost the 20 pounds, ( I had to tell him. )
  • RealtorJamie
    RealtorJamie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In the past someone said something after about 15-20 lbs

15088746.png
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    One or two people noticed around 20 lbs, but the deluge of comments occurred around the 30 lb mark. Now, if I bump into someone that I haven't seen for a while their jaws hit the floor.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Only the people who know I am trying to lose weight have said something. No co-worker/family member who has been clueless of my efforts has said anything.

It may be that after 43 lbs I am still wearing the same clothes, not by choice but because they haven't gotten big enough yet.

A larger part of it is that I am 6'1"...
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    In my case it was 25-30 lb. (starting at 215), and even then, it was usually people who didn't see me very often.

My wife knew sooner, but that's because she could see the results on the scale. :-)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    about 20-30lbs before i went down a belt notch in addition to my wife noticing some changes. She was the only person aware of my WOE.. 90lb+ before getting comments from others.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It took a good 25 pounds before people really noticed. Now that I'm almost down 40 for the year, everyone notices.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would say 30+ before I had any comments from people outside my family. I think people noticed but didn't say anything, though. I had a run of a couple of weeks when people kept asking me if I was doing my hair differently. That was kind of funny.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It took about 50 or 60 lbs before people noticed.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    5 - 10 pounds… depends on how often they see you...
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Around 20 lbs. for me as well.
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been asked if I have lost weight after only a couple pounds because I tend to lose in my face first before everywhere else. The rest of my body is about 10-15 pounds before people notice(which is about when my shirt starts feeling looser)
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs. Nobody has noticed yet.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Outside my family and a few friends whom I've told about my efforts…. 49 pounds. (Just barely happened last week!) But I'm pretty big. I figured it would take longer for people to notice on me.
  • cjgal67
    cjgal67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think people you see frequently are slower to notice, but those you see a couple times a year will notice. My sons, who see me almost every day, have yet to notice my weight loss. :)

For me, it usually takes 20-25 lbs for random people to start mentioning it. It depends, of course how close to goal you are! I'm nowhere near goal. :)
  • wildbusdriver57
    wildbusdriver57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! It was around 30 pounds for me. It all depends how over weight you were when you started. You should post some before and after pictures. Keep up the good work
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    15-20 lbs and people notice that don't see me on a regular basis.. Those that do see me every day do not notice :ohwell:
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Around 10-15 lbs.