Tall Ladies! What is your Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• LaurenC619
    LaurenC619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    110 is extremely unhealthy for your height. Yes, please talk to a doctor and/or therapist. I was severely underweight at 95 lbs and I am 5' 7.5" with a medium to large frame. Don't pay attention to the number itself, because at your height you are going to have to weigh more to be healthy.

My goal weight is 160 lbs. I know I'm not really that tall but I just wanted to put in my two cents.. because I hate seeing beautiful women think they need to be a certain weight when they are perfectly healthy! :)
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and had got down to 153 when I first joined MFP back in 2011. After a sciatic nerve issue last year that forced me to stop working out for nearly 8 weeks I lost motivation once I could start up again. I've since gained 30+ lbs. I've set my goal at 150 but honestly would be happy to reach 160 and maintain there.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    110 is too low.

I'm 6'2". Started at 281. Currently 216ish, goal is anywhere between 170-185 depending on how I look. The plan after that is to bulk and cut to ultimately add some muscle.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm 178 cm / 5'10'' and my goal weight is around 72 kg / 158.7 lbs.

I agree with those who say that 110 lbs sounds downright dangerous to aim for at your height.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Weird, your profile says you're 35. You must really be bored.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I am 19 (Current Weight 171 Pounds), I always thought I was 5'11 but turns out I am 6ft 1.
    I started at 242.
    Now you are going to think I am nuts and what not but I have this distorted, screwed up goal of 110 Pounds.
    Is this something I should seek professional help for? Because I feel I won't be happy until I get to 110
    Congrat's on the weight loss & getting into a healthy weight range! That's a big change.

I did a blog post about setting goals (both weight & calories):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

At 6'1" you should be between 145 - 185 to be in a healthy BMI range.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    At 110 you would be DANGEROUSLY underweight.
    If you're serious about thinking that, yes, you should talk to your doctor & get a referral to a counselor who deals with body dysmorphic type disorders, & eating disorders.
    But at least you can admit that it's a distorted, screwed-up goal. Can you believe it, though, and give it up?

It you want to look slimmer, sleeker, increase your weightlifting. Start building muscle. You might actually gain a few pounds, slowly, but I'm betting you'll also lose fat, lose inches, gain muscular definition, and look fabulous.
    What is your goal weight?
    I'm starting out aiming for the top healthy weight for my height based on BMI, which is 165.
    When I get there, maybe I'll feel & look good, or maybe I'll want to try a little lower.
    Strange thing is, I think I was that weight in late high school & early college, and didn't know then that I was looking good.
    Also, my doctor thinks that because I was there as an 18yo it's not reasonable to think I can get back down to it. :grumble:
    I don't know why he'd try to discourage me from being a healthy weight.
    I'm 5'10 and my goal is 128
    Based on BMI, you should be between 130 - 170 to be in a healthy weight range.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    I'm 5'11, curently 146, goal 140
    135 - 175 for you.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    110 is way too low for 6'1 female. Have you looked on mybodygallery.com to see what different weights look like at your height? A doctor wouldn't recommend you dip below 145 lbs. Under 145 lbs you can lose your period, have trouble maintaining bone density (you could lose height inches, increase risk of fractures), you will get sick more often, lose hair, have brittle fingernails and patchy skin. That's just being underweight.

At 110 you may start to lose function of some of your organs. You can develop heart problems. You can die.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    5'8 and going for 130, may lose a little more but a lot of people are telling me I'm getting too skinny for my frame - 110 is far, far too low for you. I would go for maybe 150 if I was your height and just see how you feel then? Losing another 20lbs looks a lot for someone who is already at a healthy weight. I've lost almost 20lbs myself and the difference between how I looked before and how I do now is ridiculous.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I come in at 5'9". My original goal was around the 150 mark. Since I began, I have changed where I want to be. Now my goal is probably 160-170. But my main goal is no longer about weight but is about my body fat %.

I started weight lifting and am smaller now after gaining 10 lbs back than I was when I was just loosing weight. Body fat is what I am using to judge where I want to be. It seems to be more of what I am looking for rather than the scale.

I'm 5'9" and I'm shooting for 160-165. Even back before I was so overweight, my frame was big. Hell, honestly I'd be happy under 200, lol, but yeah, my end goal is 165 or slightly below.

For the record, my 14yo daughter who has not yet had menses and is still very narrow through the hips and has minimal breast development, is 5'9 and 1/2" and weighs somewhere in the ballpark of 120 lbs. Honestly, the idea of 6'1" and 110 lbs is absolutely grotesque, like a skeleton draped in flesh.
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    110 is ridiculous, unhealthy, and I hope your "distorted, screwed up goal of 110 pounds" is not real.

If it is, then you do indeed need professional help. Please find a therapist.

As for me, I am 5'11 and aiming for 170. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get there, but I wear size 13 women's shoes (yeah, seriously). 150 has the potential to make me look ridiculous.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    110 is ridiculous, unhealthy, and I hope your "distorted, screwed up goal of 110 pounds" is not real.

If it is, then you do indeed need professional help. Please find a therapist.

As for me, I am 5'11 and aiming for 170. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get there, but I wear size 13 women's shoes (yeah, seriously). 150 has the potential to make me look ridiculous.

Forget women's, I wear a men's 10-10.5 depending on brand.:noway:
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, 110 sounds too low. I am 5'7 1/2 ( 171.5 cm) I weighted 110 lbs when I was 19 and I was too skinny, always tired, and had no energy.

My goal was 120 lb but I am happy with 124 now, I am more focus on building muscles now. I want to look good and feel good with my body, the number doesn't mean much. People look at you, not the number on the scale....
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Fashion models of 6.1 height are usually 120-125. And those are the runway high fashion models, meaning those veeeeeeery skinny biatches.
    I found online that Cindy Crawford now is 145 pounds and she's 5.11 or so. I think she looks great.

It depends on your body and bones, I think between 145 to 160 would look great on you.

Do you mind posting a picture?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Fashion models of 6.1 height are usually 120-125. And those are the runway high fashion models, meaning those veeeeeeery skinny biatches.
    Yeah and they are the epitome of health...
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're BMI would be 14.9 at 110lbs.....under weight on the BMI chart is <18.5.

With your 70lb weight loss that would put you in the 170's....with a BMI 23.3 (Normal weight).

I would recommend you seek an opinion of a medical professional (doctor...psychologist etc).
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8...and my goal weight is 160'ish.....
  • TMski1000
    TMski1000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2 my current weight is 214 and goal weight is 185ish --
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10 and my goal right now is 165. I do have a large frame ( 7 inch wrists).

Last time I was at a healthy weight, I looked good at 165 and could live with my life style. I did get down to 155 but it felt like a full time job trying to stay there (plus I was miserable at the dietary restrictions).

110 is too low for your height.

Toss out your scale and go with where you feel good, and are happy with the lifestyle you have.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    OP if your goal is that skewed and you can't get off of it I'd consider talking to someone about body issues. :flowerforyou:

I'm 5'9", large framed according to measurements, and my goal is 170.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (obviously not nearly as tall as you) and my GW is around 120-125. I'm at 131 right now :) Started at 160 but started here at 135, gained weight, then came back. So my ticker is way off hah.