Multi-Vitamins make me sick. Anyone else?

Options
13»

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me but I finally found a way that worked for me. I have to eat something take it and then eat right after it. One person I know reffered to it as "Cushioning" the pill with food.

Hope it helps!
  • Lmwilki
    Lmwilki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Adult vitamins make me sick. I try to take two Flintstone vitamins a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i absolutely cannot take a vitamin on an empty stomach, like others have said. i take it after i eat half my breakfast and it's fine.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I while back I decided I should add a multi Vitamin to the mix because I didn't always eat the best let alone of the right food groups. Well 15 mins after taking this Vitamin I got really sick, YES it came back up and then I was completely fine. Does this happen to anyone else any suggestions or reasons why perhaps this happens. Also note that I ate breakfast before consuming so I didnt have an empty tummy and I took it with water.

In the past that would happen to me every time that I ate one. I FINALLY figured out that if I eat BEFORE I take the vitamin then I am fine. I take my vitamin after lunch (don't eat enough in the morning not to feel sick from it) .

Hope that helps!
  • katsmit2
    katsmit2 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm the same way. Adult vitamins make me sick. I try to take two Flintstone vitamins a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

this!!! i even took these during each of my 3 pregnancies - per my ob/gyn.
  • RomaBella10
    RomaBella10 Posts: 15
    Options
    Taking vitamins in pill form always made me feel sick, even when I took them with food. I switched to the gummy vitamins and I no longer feel sick to my stomach. I currently take the flinstone gummy vitamins.
  • dondav12
    dondav12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider trying a "whole food" supplement. It is a multi-vitamin made soley from whole foods...nothing synthetic or reproduced.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It is the iron in it. I get sick if I don't take mine on a full stomach. When I say full, I mean FULL. One cup of yogurt isn't going to do it. I also have to make sure I drink a glass of water with it as well.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wife just started on her prenatal vitamins, and got sick on them in the mornings. Since she has switched to night time, no problems, except forgetting to take them, so she leaves them on the night stand right by the alarm clock.
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I take the Women's Active Multi pack from GNC and the smell so funky that it makes me gag to take them - theres like 5 pills in each pack. I know I need to have food in my stomach so I take them with my lunch as I only drink a protein shake for breakfast. I'm on 1200 cals/day and I work out so I know I need them. I just breath through it and try to keep them down. I hope it gets better for you.
  • p8triotsfan
    p8triotsfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tried one I bought at Whole Foods (it was about $40.00 per bottle) and those are the only ones that don't make me sick. I tried Alive again just to check and, yup, they make me nauseous - have tried many kinds. The ones from WF are all natural ingredients - guy there recommended and he was right - no sickness!!! Going back to get more soon! Hope this helps.
  • ashleeadodd
    ashleeadodd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a multi-vitamin that I take at the suggestion of my doctor.

If I take it on an empty stomach, I will throw it up everytime.

Try taking it right before bed. Works for me. :)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I can take gummy vitamins....anything else comes right back up. Gummies were not available when I was pregnant so I could not take any vitamins.
  • dianewingerter1
    Options
    Have you tried the Gummie vitamins? They work well for me.I get sick on the others too. I take mine at bed time
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try One a Day gummies
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    If you eat a good diet, there is no need at all to take extra vitamins (except Vitamin D, which comes from sun exposure).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I had that happen with an oil based multi vitamin. I switched to the hard tablets and have no issues
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I take Rainbow Light Organics Woman's Multi every other day. If I need extra iron, I would normally take a chewable Vegan Iron. Other iron tablets make me sick.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    This is an old, old post. The OP hasn't been on MFP for a year.