Help!!! I'm not losing any weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you don't feel hungry, I gotta wonder how much deficit is actually going on.

If you don't feel like crap, you probably aren't overdoing your deficit.

Your body can not tell what kind of deficit you running on. I eat 2500 calories a day (1 lb per week) and starving a lot of the time. But I can still eat 3500 calories a day and feel the same way. In all reality, your body does NOT know how many calories you are eating, only the quantity of food you are eating. Now I will say, some foods provide greater satiety but your body can NOT tell the difference from eating a 2000 calorie pizza than a 500 calories hamburger. It's why it's so easy to over eat.

And I am sorry but my experience suggest that it's much better to be proactive about your health than waiting for my body to tell me something is wrong. Also, your body does not tell you when your are catabolizing your muscle. And in many cases people will still have energy and push hard during workouts. Nor does your body tell you when your RMR is adapting to burn less calories. So I don't get why you would suggest just waiting it out until you can't perform during workouts? Besides, it can't hurt to try something different fo a month or two. The worse case scenario, she found another way it doesn't work.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel hungry, I gotta wonder how much deficit is actually going on.

If you don't feel like crap, you probably aren't overdoing your deficit.

Your body can not tell what kind of deficit you running on. I eat 2500 calories a day (1 lb per week) and starving a lot of the time. But I can still eat 3500 calories a day and feel the same way. In all reality, your body does NOT know how many calories you are eating, only the quantity of food you are eating. Now I will say, some foods provide greater satiety but your body can NOT tell the difference from eating a 2000 calorie pizza than a 500 calories hamburger. It's why it's so easy to over eat.

And I am sorry but my experience suggest that it's much better to be proactive about your health than waiting for my body to tell me something is wrong. Also, your body does not tell you when your are catabolizing your muscle. And in many cases people will still have energy and push hard during workouts. Nor does your body tell you when your RMR is adapting to burn less calories. So I don't get why you would suggest just waiting it out until you can't perform during workouts? Besides, it can't hurt to try something different fo a month or two. The worse case scenario, she found another way it doesn't work.

I agree, but for most, huge deficits have side effects, that's why they aren't sustainable. OP just gave a personal history indicating she is probably tough as nails from dancing and won't feel it, so I have to agree with you. However in most cases, people who cut too hard either feel it or show altered behavior, and they do feel like garbage.

My body knows the difference between running a deficit and running a surplus. I can feel it. That is not the same as satiety, which has to do with perception of what you just ate. Not the same thing. Ad I can most definitely feel the difference between a fasted and refed state.

I am hesitant to say the ballerina look is unhealthy, because the world needs ballet.
  • eventon1
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself?
    You may be loosing inches instead of pounds x
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself?
    You may be loosing inches instead of pounds x

You do realize this is a year and a half year old thread? And the OP hasn't posted a message since May of last year.
  • jaimielynnlee12
    Options
    Don't worry about the number on the scale, as it isn't always consistent with weight loss. How are your clothes fitting? Do you find them the same, or looser? Have you checked your measurements around your waist? These are better indicators of weight loss. Don't get frustrated about the scale, girlfriend!