So, I Ordered This Product From Beachbody

Options

Replies

• gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dude. two words. Attorney General. And watch Beachbody bend to your every will. LA fitness learned that the hard way from me. Don't mess with a pissed off consumer.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I have Body Beast and there is nothing earth-shattering about it. You can download the worksheets for free from Beachbody and just follow those. You'll miss out on some hilarious motivational quotes from Sagi, along with a few sexist remarks and the thrill of watching him have another cast member re-rack his weights. The only thing the videos do is show the moves, which are pretty standard lifts, and give you a timer to rest between sets, but you can do that with a smartphone.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Kevin, you most assuredly will hear from our team within 24 hours.

Kevin, please be aware that our team will contact you within 24 hours.

Kevin, are you satisfied with your customer service experience? Please expect a follow-up survey within 24 hours of this communication.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I doubt they're deliberately holding your program because you didn't buy Shakeology. I have a friend that bought Focus T25 from the infomercial and while they put the full court press onto him he didn't have to buy Shakeology and has his program currently collecting dust on a shelf.

What did you buy? Was it one of their newer releases? They had some inventory fulfillment problems on a couple of their programs.

Why would anyone buy T25... You can get the videos on youtube for free and the workout schedule from google.
  • RadRac01
    RadRac01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Call them.
    Threaten to report them to the better business bureau and the consumer fraud division of your home state.
    They are not allowed to charge you for product you never receive.
    Make them understand that you are not a pushover.

In the event you are in OH: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It's never fun not knowing if/when your package will arrive. I'm going through that right now: over $100 spent and nothing to show for it. Tracking say's it's in my country but no further information. I'll admit it was a sketchy deal to begin with but I was hoping it would be ok.

LMAO @ Sketchy Deal. Hmmm. You see, the way Beachbody is marketed. I dont think any reasonable person would say that a transaction with them was sketchy. Well, at least until I come along. Oh by the way, its been over 2 days since the last chat I posted. And no contact with anyone from Beachbody.
    I've ordered several products from BeachBody and have never had an issue (no I'm not a coach), but I would have expected more from them.

Thats exactly it. For an organization that claims so many things (transforming peoples lives (they do never say whether its for the better or not =\), the best in exercise & fitness products, & the greatest customer service with 100% satisfaction guaranteed) we do, and should expect more. I have ordered things in the past not only directly from them, but from Amazon as well. I never have had an experience like this, which is beyond ridiculous, but did want to share. Its possible that the company is so well off its decided to move itself into the Comcast & AT&T realm of customer service. You know....the worst in the country. I cant wait to call them later today to see what they have to say for themselves. I will post an update to let you all know what happens.
  • KseRz
    Options
    Looks like you were talking to a robot. Can't you call them and talk to a living person? You should contact your bank that you used for the credit card, and have them charge it back to BB. I know here in Canada you have 30 days to do just that.
    Was that online?

Yes it was online. I have contacted them via online before. I have also made other "live chat" customer service inquiries with other businesses and havent had that method of contact be a reason I wasnt able to order, pay for, or receive a product/service.
    Looks like you were talking to a robot. Can't you call them and talk to a living person?
    You see the problem is businesses these days think they are providing good customer service when their employees are reading (or in this case typing) from a script. I can see where you believe this person is a robot because they definitely are acting like one. Unfortunately the person taking my call actually did a fantastic job (not the follow through) during the live chat. Thats what they are trained to do by the corporate overlords. If you look there was also a typo or two. Unless programmers have built typos into the online chat customer service bots now?
  • KseRz
    Options
    You were way nicer than I would have been...

:laugh: I am just getting warmed up :bigsmile:

How many Beachbody worms are sending you emails saying that they won't do you like this if you order through them?

LOL Actually ZERO. Its kinda ironic. Everyone wants to be a helpful coach when you are a potential source of revenue, but once the sale is already gone *crickets*
    Only one option left to you.

Become a distributor. The pain stops once you give in.

NOTE: I am joking. This is not a solicitation. I consider beachbody coaches to be scum.

Oh believe me. Those thoughts have gone through my head. Not about actually becoming one, but I was thinking. If I was....I would have had the product by now. I also thought to myself. "Are they deliberately screwing with me since I said 'No' to the Shakeology?" :ohwell:

Remind me about this thread next time CreepySunglasses says anyone who talks bad about Beachbody is a moron.

:drinker:

Its one of the reasons I created the thread. It's not intended to bash them, as I was genuinely hoping that I would have been contacted by them by now. When I call them later on I hope they ship it out TODAY! Since this is a health & fitness site I did want to share this experience due to all of the other controversial things said about BB in the past.

Since this thread is open to the entire world it was actually an excellent opportunity for ANYONE.....

giphy.gif

yes....ANYONE who represents, is affiliated with or just genuinely wants to see BB succeed to respond to this thread or even PM me with details to resolve my problem immediately. Was I expecting that to happen? NO WAY! But I did create an opportunity.

I hoped that I have provided my experience in a non biased (trying to use facts) but at the same time laughable way because lets be honest....at this point I feel like the whole thing is a giant joke being played on my by Aston Kutcher.
  • KseRz
    Options
    Call them.
    Threaten to report them to the better business bureau and the consumer fraud division of your home state.
    They are not allowed to charge you for product you never receive.
    Make them understand that you are not a pushover.

In the event you are in OH: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers

Dude. two words. Attorney General. And watch Beachbody bend to your every will. LA fitness learned that the hard way from me. Don't mess with a pissed off consumer.

Easy there. No reason to get rabidly litigious just yet. LOL

When I did call them the last 2 times (yes for this order!) they did promptly offer and a apply a partial refund for the shipping. Its not a complete horror story, theres just something crazy wrong with the fact that the order is placed......and no one can tell me when the products will ship. WHY NOT? Its not like I am asking Sagi to bring it to my house and workout with me.
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you dont get the product just call the credit card company you used and initiate a chargeback so you get your money back, they will have to prove to the credit card company that they sent and you received the product
  • KseRz
    Options
    I have Body Beast and there is nothing earth-shattering about it. You can download the worksheets for free from Beachbody and just follow those. You'll miss out on some hilarious motivational quotes from Sagi, along with a few sexist remarks and the thrill of watching him have another cast member re-rack his weights. The only thing the videos do is show the moves, which are pretty standard lifts, and give you a timer to rest between sets, but you can do that with a smartphone.

I bought it for a few reasons. First and foremost, the cost has come down from over $100 to $39.

I also ordered the ez curl bar and weights. Why? Because I dont have them and wanted them. When compared to the same products other places such as Cap from Amazon, the cost was nearly the same except the BB weights were rubber coated and the Cap ones were not.

I realize the worksheets are online and I have actually completed a couple of the beast workouts from that. I do enjoy having the video on because I am a huge slacker and I do like having the clock there as a timer to keep up with the workout tempo (even though I may pause/rewind when i need). The other thing I like about having the DVD on is that it sometimes turns the workout from one that feels like I am in solitary confinement to one where I am "virtually" working out with other people.

So for the price of some caffè lattes and pastries for 4 at Starbucks....Meh....Why not?
  • KseRz
    Options
    Just like you said, when they smell a sale they come out in droves. They'll defend the company and it's practices tooth and nail and tell you if you don't like them not to post.

You already paid them and you're having trouble...crickets.

Sorry you have to deal with all this.

Thanks Brett!

Me too. Stuff like this happens to me a lot so I guess I am just used to it by now? :laugh:
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I bought it for a few reasons. First and foremost, the cost has come down from over $100 to $39.

I also ordered the ez curl bar and weights. Why? Because I dont have them and wanted them. When compared to the same products other places such as Cap from Amazon, the cost was nearly the same except the BB weights were rubber coated and the Cap ones were not.

^^money saving FTW!

Also one of the items I purchased from BB was their bar and weights for it (not sure if they have more than one model), but I really like mine. The bar has a bit of a squish to it so I can get a good grip and not callous up my girly hands, plus the weight clips are super easy to slide on and off.

My only complaint would be that the weight plates were not *exactly* the same ones as pictured, so when I'm holding the plates in my hand (to do weighted ab workouts) it's not quite as comfortable as I was expecting because the holes are in different places.

Hopefully when you get them it will all be worth it and a fun story you can tell your friends.
  • KseRz
    Options
    I am currently on the phone (16 minutes so far) with Beachbody. This just keeps getting better and better. The customer service rep now says there is NO RECORD OF MY ORDER!

freeze-breakdance-o.gif

ETA: CSR just came back from putting me on hold for a few. He found it. I guess another account was created for me on top of the account that I already had from a previous order. Hmmmm....

mrw-my-friends-ask-me-why-i-dont-stop-going-to-the-gym-to-keep-up-with-my-studies-69455.gif

CSR Says: "It's almost unbelievable that you are so calm right now."

Me : ":laugh:"
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did you check to see if they mailed the invoice to your spam?

Did you create an account when you ordered, so that you can log online and check the status of your order?

If you have an order number, can you call and ask them to re-send a duplicate invoice to your email?

I'd really call them and say , " Hey I ordered 11 days ago, it hasn't showed up, and I don't have an invoice. I've called asking for help multiple times ( to no avail). I want a full refund, and you don't have to ship my order". I bet you they find a way to get an invoice and your order to you ASAP!

I hope you gave them negative marks on those surveys!~
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yep.. Never ordering from them EVER. Amazon or grabbing it from youtube.