Are Quest Bars magic?

Options
They seem a bit too god to be true. I bought a bunch recently on sale and love them, but I'm having a hard time believing they're really that high in protein and fiber, and good for you. Anyone know if they've got any dirty little secrets to make them to healthy?

I'm considering eating them daily if they live up to the hype. What's your experience?

Replies

• kerry981
    kerry981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, they're pretty accurate. I use them as protein boosters when I haven't hit my goal. All I know is, they work well for me. :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I guess I just have to hope they are what they say they are, since I eat one most every afternoon at work.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As far as protein & meal replacement bars go there are definitely worse options out there, but they are still highly processed & made with some questionable ingredients. It's always better to get your protein from whole food sources

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/12/30/are-quest-bars-really-as-nutritious-as-claimed/
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    As far as protein & meal replacement bars go there are definitely worse options out there, but they are still highly processed & made with some questionable ingredients. It's always better to get your protein from whole food sources

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/12/30/are-quest-bars-really-as-nutritious-as-claimed/

:huh:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes they are.

Wait... what are quest bars?
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    They lie about how many carbs are in there. I'm diabetic, so I know these things.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Based on what happens to me after eating two of them, I'll believe their fiber claims.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

^ I cannot stop laughing.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    They're pretty disgusting in my opinion.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Oh yay!! A blog post with someones opinion!!

/end thread
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I feel thast they don't taste that great and are freaking expensive.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Based on what happens to me after eating two of them, I'll believe their fiber claims.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

All I know is that these things like to explode in the microwave. Also, don't stick the wrapper in the microwave. It will catch on fire. Don't ask me how I know this.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    In my view, they are. They have enough protein and fibre in them that if I have to, I can get by on one as a meal alone. That said, I usually use them for post-workout snacks so that my muscles have something to repair them when I go to bed (I'm a night runner).

Love love love love them.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    They lie about how many carbs are in there. I'm diabetic, so I know these things.
    No they don't. You're probably looking at the net carbs.

The calories are usually wrong on them, so just add up the fat, carbs, protein to get the correct amount. It's usually not off that much.
    Carbs - 4 calories/gram
    Protein - 4 calories/gram
    Fat - 9 calories/gram
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    They're magically delicious if that's what you mean.
    giphy.gif
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

I agree. Whole food sources are the only way to get good protein.

Lion-chasing-a-zebra-300x225.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Magic? No

Magically gross tasting...yes...but that comes down to preference.

They def have good macros, but are quite pricey for what they are.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There were some accusations, based on faulty testing, that the nutritional info provided by Quest was incorrect. This was debunked some time ago. The information, including the carb count is accurate. They taste really good, and provide a lot of protein and fiber. I have one every day, and sometimes two if I'm out and about and need a snack. I log the calories and it has not interfered with my weight loss.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    They certainly taste like magic! I actually prefer them to actual candy bars and other sweets. I can only buy a couple of them at a time. I have no self control whatsoever around quest bars.