FRIDAY NSV - Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    These are just fun to read, everyone is doing so well! My NSV is that I did not quit or get discouraged this week even though it seems like nothing is happening. Only 8 weeks in, but was hoping to not hit a slow down quite yet....

8 weeks in and 14lb lost? You're doing awesomely! (Although can't congratulate you on that, because it's not an NSV :laugh: )

My NSV this week is looking great in a circle dress at a summer party. The dress is three sizes smaller than the last one I wore a year ago, and is actually getting a little loose!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    One of our work colleagues brought us in a tin of chocolates three weeks ago and I've not had a single one of them - nor have I had any of the Subway cookies that the boss keeps bringing it. All these office goodies are literally sitting on a desk next to mine not 4 feet away :smile:
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    These are just fun to read, everyone is doing so well! My NSV is that I did not quit or get discouraged this week even though it seems like nothing is happening. Only 8 weeks in, but was hoping to not hit a slow down quite yet....

8 weeks in and 14lb lost? You're doing awesomely! (Although can't congratulate you on that, because it's not an NSV :laugh: )

I've lost 13 lbs in 48 weeks! That's the same thing, right? :laugh:
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    have a good sore feeling from my first day of strong lift 5x5
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My waist-hip ratio today is 0.79..... it's finally dropped below 0.8, so according to the powers that be, I should be less at risk of heart disease (and also sexier) ^_^

Far as I'm concerned, it's proof that I'm losing my tummy (and also sexier) ^_~
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I have to pin my workout pants to keep them from falling down when I work out and play soccer and baseball with the kiddos.
    I don't ever feel like I look like I have lost, but that's evidence right there. :bigsmile:
  • shaynak1
    shaynak1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way to go EVERYBODY! I am happy today because I bounced back from a vacation gain!! I'm sure the gain/loss could have just been from all the saltwater I am sure I drank while at the beach but hey, I'm back and going strong!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My waist-hip ratio today is 0.79..... it's finally dropped below 0.8, so according to the powers that be, I should be less at risk of heart disease (and also sexier) ^_^

I've never heard of this measurement before, so I looked into it. I plugged in my numbers for my starting waist/hips, and got .88. I compared it to the measurements now for my waist/hips, and got .83. And that was only in two months! Now I have another NSV goal to achieve...hitting below 0.8! Thank you!
  • Happymelz
    Options

I've never heard of this measurement before, so I looked into it. I plugged in my numbers for my starting waist/hips, and got .88. I compared it to the measurements now for my waist/hips, and got .83. And that was only in two months! Now I have another NSV goal to achieve...hitting below 0.8! Thank you!

Ohhhh! Where do I "plug" the numbers in? I want to see! lol.
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My jeans are not as tight!!!
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My size medium tee shirt fits and is not tight!!
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress....good feeling to see it in yourself!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    This is from yesterday but I still feel the effects today: Earlier this year, I found that I could safely ride a horse and pray at the same time. Yesterday, although I had to slow my biking down, I rode slowly while doing bedtime prayers/mind and heart clean-out. It felt FANTASTIC, and I slept better last night than I have in months!
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a smaller pair of scrubs to wear to work! :)
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I can walk for 30 minutes and not feel like I've been walking forever!
  • oldhanoverfarm
    oldhanoverfarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seeing this list and realizing that I used to eat 1,200 for LUNCH (I now eat about 1,200 per DAY!).

http://guff.com/the-most-unhealthy-meals-in-america-we-think-so/

*** If there are any other newcomers out there looking for friends and supporters, please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • MarvelousMrs
    MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is walking 3 days this week on my lunch hour at work - just over a mile each time! Woo hoo!

And... sadly enough, I haven't been eating hardly any fruits/veggies but I've already had two today!
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    Not much but..

I have managed to drink water consistently every single day this week.

Hoping to keep it up over the weekend!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I did three pull-ups in a row at the gym during my lunch hour!

... because a nice guy there helped a little by supporting my legs as I did them... BUT STILL!
  • Bbmp3323
    Options
    I decided to watch big brother from my elliptical rather than the couch! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!