Outlander

Options
Anybody else excited about Outlander (Starz) show starting 8.9.14? I've loved all the books and can't wait to watch. My husband just dropped HBO (Game of Thrones) and added Starz so I could watch. He's such a sweetie.

Replies

• bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't get Starz! :sad: :sad:

I read those books a LONG time ago and just re-bought the kindle version of the first one. I need to start reading them again. I loved that series.
  • TXGirl78028
    Options
    The books sure are easier to cart around via Kindle. She just came out with another book in the series in June. She's got at least one more to write but that'll be a few years. Until then I'm going to re-read and watch the show. Love the casting choices!
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am excited to see it - I have only read the first book so far. I have the second on my bookshelf. I loved the first book, is the second just as good?
  • TXGirl78028
    Options
    All of them are really good. I love the characters Diana's created and the way she tells their story. I will admit to some amount of skimming over some of the slower sections in some of the later books, but I inevitably go back and read every last word because it all does tie in and weave back around to make some point later on.

If you liked the 1st one you really owe it to yourself to read the rest.....they are all wonderful.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about this. I have read the first 3 books and my daughter has read them all, even the new one.

I hear it will be on showcase In Canada

[img]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/cmarcuz/Mobile Uploads/Sam-Heughan-Jamie-Fraser.jpg[/img]
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I've only read the first book and loved it. Can't wait to see it on Starz.
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait!!! I've read all the books and am absolutely in love with the characters :) I've been following Outlander Starz on instagram and it's exciting to see photos of the cast on set. Come on Aug. 9th!!
  • Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am going to watch it... by myself... in a dark room... with a glass of wine... MEOW.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm on book 5 right now and I gotta admit it's more boring than the previous 4 books but that doesn't mean I'll stop reading :tongue: Unfortunately I don't have cable so I have to figure out just how I will watch the show. Hopefully Amazon will have the episodes for sale :ohwell:
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else was looking forward to this series. Won't be on until August 24th here in Canada but it's better than the usual six month wait we have to do. So excited myself. Many years ago I was lucky enough to see Ms Gabaldon at our local Chapters. We all had a laugh when asked about the books into movies. She said she had no idea who would play Jamie, good looking, red haird virgin Scottish warrior. From the looks of the series I am saying they nailed it!!!
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    Starz has the first episode available for free on their website. I watched it and it's SO GOOD! I feel like it will follow the book pretty well. I still need to figure out how I'm going to watch the rest of the series
  • TXGirl78028
    Options
    I've been holding out so I can watch it on the bigger/better TV screen than my old computer monitor - but it's so hard. Can't wait until tomorrow night. I've already told my husband he can ask anything he wants before it starts and anything he wants when it's over - but he can't make sound during the show.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Jealous that you get to watch so early. Can't even watch online here.

Now this is a book for woman rather than that 50 Shades of Grey -- sorry shouldn't be like that but I prefer my literature to be well written.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    Jealous that you get to watch so early. Can't even watch online here.

Now this is a book for woman rather than that 50 Shades of Grey -- sorry shouldn't be like that but I prefer my literature to be well written.

I'm with you there. My friends keep trying to persuade me to read 50 Shades, but I'm soooo not interested.
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for the show!! It's available online and I couldn't watch it when I was on vacation last week... Now I'm out of town again at a convention with my husband... I couldn't wait any longer and watched it last night on my computer. OMG, sooo good!!! I might even watch it again tonight :wink: And, of course, my husband and I will watch it together once we get home. He read the first book years ago, but really doesn't remember too much about it. I've read all of them and have them in hardcover, paperback (except the newest one), Kindle ~and~ on audio CD. No, I'm not obsessed... why would you think that :laugh: :love:
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    I'm so excited for the show!! It's available online and I couldn't watch it when I was on vacation last week... Now I'm out of town again at a convention with my husband... I couldn't wait any longer and watched it last night on my computer. OMG, sooo good!!! I might even watch it again tonight :wink: And, of course, my husband and I will watch it together once we get home. He read the first book years ago, but really doesn't remember too much about it. I've read all of them and have them in hardcover, paperback (except the newest one), Kindle ~and~ on audio CD. No, I'm not obsessed... why would you think that :laugh: :love:

If I wasn't happily married I would ask you to marry me. I need to get obsessed again!!!
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't have Starz, so very excited that they have it online!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    The books were awesome. I just hope they do they story justice. It's sad when great books get cheap budgets. Sword of Truth series is a perfect example. Looking forward to catch up on this series though.
  • TXGirl78028
    Options
    It was wonderful. Can't wait to see the rest of the season.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I think I've read through book 6 or 7 which was everything published at the time. I haven't started up again because I kept wanting to stick it in the freezer - to use a Friend's reference. (The episode where Rachel let Joey borrow Little Woman and he wasn't sure Beth was going to get better so they stuck it in the freezer)

Knowing there are people who are different parts of the series in the forum, so not to give anything away - will I keep wanting to stick the book in the freezer?