FRIDAY NSV - Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I did three pull-ups in a row at the gym during my lunch hour!

... because a nice guy there helped a little by supporting my legs as I did them... BUT STILL!

Whoa, AWESOME!! That's one of my goals. I read recently that less than 1% of women can do a full pull-up. Congratulations!
  • bethanimal4
    bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    haven't been wearing jewelry in a while and i tried on a ring this morning that completely fell off my finger.. just for kicks, i measured my ring size earlier. i knew i'd changed quite a bit in clothing sizes, but four full sizes down since i ordered my high school ring about 6 years ago seems INSANE!
  • SusanGettingFit
    Options
    Today, I am comfortably wearing a pair of shorts that I found at the bottom of a stack in my closet. The last time I had them on, they rolled down my squishy middle when I sat and the legs rolled up because there was too much me to contain properly. When I saw them this morning, I had that instant flashback to how uncomfortable they were, but I made myself try them on anyway. I am so proud to say, that they are now really too long in the stride, too big in the waist, and the legs swim around my now slimmer thighs. Even though the fit is all wrong, I decided to wear these bad boys today. Every time I catch a glimpse of my reflection, I am reminded of how far I have come in this journey toward a better me. Next time I find them lurking in the closet, I hope they fall to the floor when I try them on. :laugh:
  • steviecooke1985
    steviecooke1985 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did three pull-ups in a row at the gym during my lunch hour!

... because a nice guy there helped a little by supporting my legs as I did them... BUT STILL!

Whoa, AWESOME!! That's one of my goals. I read recently that less than 1% of women can do a full pull-up. Congratulations!

Yes! It's one of my big goals too. Always thought it would make me feel really powerful! At the moment I can just about do one with most of my weight supported on the assisted pull-up machine at the gym :laugh:
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's not much to you guys but it is to me... I went back to the gym yesterday after a 2 week hiatus. Before that I kinda was slumping with the food and the gym, feeling a little burned out. But during the last week family was sick and passed, I realized how crappy I really feel without my healthy lifestyle and so I've returned with a newer perspective, goal, and drive!! This is my NSV!!!!
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new sports bras because I needed a smaller band size--a 38, so my band size is back in the 30s!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's not much to you guys but it is to me... I went back to the gym yesterday after a 2 week hiatus. Before that I kinda was slumping with the food and the gym, feeling a little burned out. But during the last week family was sick and passed, I realized how crappy I really feel without my healthy lifestyle and so I've returned with a newer perspective, goal, and drive!! This is my NSV!!!!

So sorry for your loss.

This DOES count as a NSV!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am a 3 month lurker and have never posted, but I am so excited - my son is able to hug me all the way around - and clasp his hands and my younger daughter can clasp her fingers. First time....ever in their lives!

I love reading all of the NSVs, but I think this one is my favourite. :)
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am a 3 month lurker and have never posted, but I am so excited - my son is able to hug me all the way around - and clasp his hands and my younger daughter can clasp her fingers. First time....ever in their lives!

I love reading all of the NSVs, but I think this one is my favourite. :)

Agreed!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm siting here in the office after having eaten two cookies and a brownie (they were all delicious) and I'm NOT beating myself up over it. Hey, I'm allowed something like this every now and again. I'll just eat a really healthy dinner and get back on the wagon again tomorrow. One afternoon of snacks is not enough to make me quit my new life style.

Whew. And that sugar is definitely getting to me... :(:(
  • junnybug1979
    junnybug1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a teacher on summer vacation, I've spent the last two months exclusively in shorts. This week, I dug into my closet to check out the work wardrobe only to discover that EVERY SINGLE PAIR of pants I own is too big to wear - work pants and jeans, alike.

Guess it's back to school shopping for me!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The nurse clinician said she wanted to take me into the surgery waiting room and say - this! She was so impressed (not seen me for a while) it was a tad embarrasing - but quite nice!
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mine is kind of embarassing... I noticed as I was walking in a skirt a few days ago that my thighs were making a slapping noise. :embarassed: I was horrified... But, then I realized that means they are small enough that they actually detach from each other when I take a step. HAHA!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Mine's a combination of a NSV and a scale victory...

From Friday through Tuesday I was traveling. 8+ hours in the car Friday, fast food, restaurant food Saturday, pot luck and restaurant food Sunday, 8+ hours in the car and fast food Monday, then restaurant food Tuesday...

And I still managed to lose 1.2 pounds this week. :)

So I guess my NSV for the week is I'm learning how to make things fit with my goals.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can finally see some proper definition in my glutes and hamstrings.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Convincing a judge to reduce my speeding ticket by 50%. That counts, right? It should.
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like taking selfies again!
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Was able to come up 10 flights of stairs since the elevators were broken :happy:
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Man, I love these threads so much!!! You guys are AWESOME!!

To those who say "This isn't much to you guys but..." I have to tell you that you're wrong. Every single victory is huge, and every single victory matters to those of us that haunt the NSV threads. You are a rockstar and kicking butt, keeping motivation lit within yourself every time you notice another victory!! Sharing those lights fires in the rest of us, and lets us keep cheering YOU on! Please, please don't downplay your NSV simply because someone else's seems huge in comparison. Big ones come occasionally, but the small everyday ones are the ones that keep us going.

My NSV happened today, or at least I noticed it today. I have my belly button peirced, and for several years have had a large ring in it, but without the bead in the middle (I lost it along the way). I couldn't put other jewelry in the peircing because my belly/gut held enough fat that "regular" sized jewelry (not made to accomodate swelling that comes with fresh peircings) were painfully too small. Today was the last straw, because my belly has now shrunk enough that the ring not only catches and pulls on EVERYTHING (ouch) but the ends stab and poke me now. I honestly don't know why that didn't happen before, but today I took a moment to actually look at my navel, and dang if that thing didn't look ginormous in my belly. I went off to my peircer to get new jewelry, and guys, she held up what honestly looks like a tiny earring, and had me pick a color. It fits, it's so comfy, and my gosh I guess my belly has shrunk more than I realized!
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My 5k run went from 35-33 minutes....all three times this week! Breaking out of the 12 minute mile pace :) and I feel ready to increase in distance slowly....maybe one 40/45 minute run per week now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!