FRIDAY NSV - Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ate fruits and vegetables and low calorie homemade meals all week and actually enjoyed my meals!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Have so much more energy, I've never had a cleaner house!
  • Gwennie9476
    Gwennie9476 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Can do 30 minutes straight on the Cybex Arc Trainer and can stick both hands and arms in my pants while I am in them...lmao, but it is true!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    went through my dresser yesterday...I now have 5 pair of shorts and about 10 shirts I hadnt been able to wear in the washer now.... I also have reduced my Lantus insulin from 49 units a night down to 15 units a night in 69 days on the fabulous PALEO eating plan...I hate the word "diet"

... pretty dang good NSV day....
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is that I'm finding myself doing things I wouldn't have done before, like taking the stairs instead of an elevator and I'm parking at the far end of the lot at stores just to get myself moving a little bit more! Exercise crept up on me, but I'm actually looking forward to it now! Such a victory!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I got to order a size 18 dress for my brother's wedding (which falls on my birthday/the day I hope to be in onederland)
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    just got done doing my first treadmill 5K it took me 72 minutes but I did it, never thought I would be able to walk that much still hovering at 300lbs!! :happy:
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had to put away clothes that I had bought after I started losing weight because those are too big, so 1 pair of jeans and a dress, only worn maybe 5, 6 times. And for the first time I am wearing size 13 in skirts and shorts. Was wearing 22 last year.
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm fitting comfortably in pants that were too tight six months ago. I need some smaller belts because I have to put the ones I have now on the tightest notch and they are still too loose. I'm using more weight in every exercise in the gym than ever before. I'm getting tons of compliments about how I look now. I'm going harder and faster on the cardio machines in the gym than ever before. Thanks to my yoga practice I have a lot more balance and flexibility now -- I used to couldn't touch my toes with straight legs, but now I can put my palms flat on the floor if I'm good and warmed up. I need a bunch of new clothes because most of what I have is too baggy now, but that's more of a mixed blessing than a pure victory.

Edit: sorry for the stream-of-consciousness style post. I just typed things out as they came to me.
  • Soopermomma
    Soopermomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty good.
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's good to see everyone else's success stories. We're awesome!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My NSVs: people are noticing my weight loss! And when getting a pedicure today, I had no problem keeping my feet/legs raised when the bottom of my feet were being treated for callouses. Usually I have to take a break and set them down, then lift again with help from my hands. Not today. This is HUGE to me -- increased strength!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bought new workout pants because a size large just falls off now :)
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have 2 for the week.

1st: Finally ran a 5K in less than 30 minutes
    2nd: I was happy with the way my Dance costume looked on me!
  • queensandria
    Options
    I had to buy new bikini bottoms cause the xl ones fell off in the pool xD
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My waist-hip ratio today is 0.79..... it's finally dropped below 0.8, so according to the powers that be, I should be less at risk of heart disease (and also sexier) ^_^

Far as I'm concerned, it's proof that I'm losing my tummy (and also sexier) ^_~

I've never heard of this measurement before, so I looked into it. I plugged in my numbers for my starting waist/hips, and got .88. I compared it to the measurements now for my waist/hips, and got .83. And that was only in two months! Now I have another NSV goal to achieve...hitting below 0.8! Thank you!

Ohhhh! Where do I "plug" the numbers in? I want to see! lol.

Oh, you don't need to 'plug' the numbers in, just take your waist measurement (narrowest point) and divide it by your hip measurement (widest point).

But if you want to look at a screen, I use this one http://www.virginactive.co.uk/active-matters/tools/waist-hip-ratio
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I didn't post, but my NSV was for looser jeans and went up a belt notch!!!! :happy:
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My NSV, I've logged my food for 364 consecutive days! I'm quite proud of myself for this! :)
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for shoes .... and ended up buy a dress and a sweater in another size smaller than I thought I was. (Jeans, however, I cannot quite yet fit comfortably in the next size down).
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Got the best time of any woman for the day at Crossfit by 47 seconds on our workout of 5 rounds of 100 m sprint, 10 24-inch box jumps and 5 155# deadlifts. I am 41 so it was exciting to get a better time than the youngsters! :) I never played sports so it is fun to see what I can do. It's never to late to start getting in shape!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!