Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fellow pear here. I hate my thighs. I have stopped wearing short tops coz of the dreaded saddlebags. I started with 27'' thighs, but so far have managed to lose only 0.2'' each. My legs are super strong, but super cellulitey too.

I have now started BBL Focus T25 hybrid. Two days done. My butt and abs are sore. I hope to whittle down my thighs coz i'm just 5'3 and my thighs do look like tree trunks :(
  • WeightLoser41
    Options
    I'm a Pilates fan-
    I really love Blogilates videos on youtube for saddlebags and inner thighs. They really helped thin thighs down.
    The thing is to also work out inner thighs a lot, and some jeans will start to fit.
    Also asymmetric exercises (?) work the upper thighs a lot- the kind where you lie down on your side and exercise legs
    And those that work the back of the thighs like squats and lunges.

Every few days, I do cardio, and that really helps to give the results of prev exercises. I know just cardio alon wouldnt do it.

Last week I took one sesion of body contouring for thighs, and the saddle bags thinned down considerably.
    It seems like after that, I have more success with my exercise and diet.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    My dear bums are in fashion. The bigger the better I say!!

Coming from a pear, not when its fat and rolling round.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am a size 8-10 on top and a size 12-14 on the bottom. Squats and lunges are my best friend and as time goes on, my legs/butt/hips are all decreasing in size.

Ditto. 20 years ago, I was a pear-shaped 12. Add 40 lbs., I'm a pear-shaped 14. Some of us have hips that won't fit in anything less than as 12, but I'm good with that!

For those of you having trouble with jeans/pants, I recommend the Eddie Bauer "Blakely" (Curvy) or "Mercer" (Slightly Curvy") lines. At Old Navy, The Sweetheart is a good curvy fit or The RockStar. If you don't mind the weird Chico's vibe, the So Slimming line also will fit "fat-bottomed girls," who, as we know, "make the rockin' world go round": http://www.chicos.com/store/browse/shelf.jsp?cat=Pants+Denim&catId=cat8289646 .

All of these options are waist-gap-free.

Ann Taylor also has a curvy fit section, but I've never tried them: http://www.anntaylor.com/curvy/cat550084 .

Anyone else have any recommendations for pear-shaped pants?
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference! Way to go!! I am stuck in a plateau. Going to the gym every day, alternating weight training with arms and legs (squats, lunges - no weight). I wish I could lose weight as quickly as you did! I can't budge past the first 10 lbs! I don't know what to do. I do cardio 30 mins at least 4 times a week. I'm more worried about inches of course, but I am not reducing. In fact I gained an inch. ugh. So frustrating. Do I need to cut calories.\?

Hi there! Sorry this is late, I haven't been on much.

What's stopping you from adding a bit of weight to your squats and lunges? Hope you're not intimidated by the thought of weights because they're your best friend! :) Start small and build up.

- Dumbbell forward lunges
    - Dumbbell squats

Also, how many calories are you on and are you sure you're logging them as accurately as you possibly can?

:flowerforyou:
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have any recommendations for pear-shaped pants?

I'm not sure about pants, but I love skater dresses and skirts. They do so well to hide my hips (on days that I feel like hiding them). But recently, I've just decided to love and flaunt them - haha!

Skater skirts:
    12716_skirt1.jpg
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the inspiration! Remember that pears are sweet and juicy. :)
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options

For those of you having trouble with jeans/pants, I recommend the Eddie Bauer "Blakely" (Curvy) or "Mercer" (Slightly Curvy") lines.

SO SECONDING THE EDDIE BAUER PANTS. Literally they are the only jeans I can buy, minus Guess skinny jeans which are really more elastic than anything. It was like a miracle with angels singing when I fit them over my butt and they didn't immediately fall back down to my hips
  • jtorrens01
    Options
    Squats for toning, Stairmaster and Cycling for leaning out the low body
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this thread is so inspiring. wanna befriend you all now :)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about pants, but I love skater dresses and skirts. They do so well to hide my hips (on days that I feel like hiding them). But recently, I've just decided to love and flaunt them - haha!

OK, I have learned something new! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Whoever asked about pants for pear shapes -- Midrise jeans from Express (leg shape doesn't matter as much as the rise to me).

http://www.express.com/clothing/mid+rise+jean+legging/pro/7015708/cat320064

^ I'm wearing these in a 6 Petite and holy crap do they ever make me feel like I look amazing! Which is nice, since I still have about 15 lbs of pregnancy weight to shed. Also, not a scrap of muffin top.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I posted on here a few days ago and I've been reading some of your measurements. I see a lot of 38 on top. Is anyone else like me? I'm literally a size 4 on top and now about a 10 on bottom (down from a 6 and 12). My breasts are so tiny and I can feel all the bones in between now, but I still have this 41 inch hips jiggly hips and butt!

I usually buy Anthropologie type A-line dresses in a 4. Most flow nicely over my butt even though its so big.
  • jiagetsfit
    Options
    How did succeed in bringing down those saddlebags? Will doing step workouts help? Or do they bulk up the thighs?
  • cheeseball1
    cheeseball1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this thread is so inspiring. wanna befriend you all now :)

:bigsmile:
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    im pear shaped as well! would love other pears as mfp buddies to swap ideas/motivation etc! :)
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How did succeed in bringing down those saddlebags? Will doing step workouts help? Or do they bulk up the thighs?

The elliptical and step machines have worked wonders on mine, as well as removing the worst of cellulite.

Also hip adduction/abductions machines :)
  • jiagetsfit
    Options

The elliptical and step machines have worked wonders on mine, as well as removing the worst of cellulite.

Also hip adduction/abductions machines :)

I have a step. Will check out step workouts on youtube. I do not have the luxury of a good gym in my neighborhood. So i prefer working to dvds at home. Any other suggestions are welcome :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm ENCOURAGED :)
    :smile:
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I hope it is ok for me to join this amazingly inspirational thread! I am described as an hourglass by others and was really until I piled the weight on and am now definitley larger on the bottom! I am 38 - 31 - 43 but I am a 30GG bra so I do balance out ok I guess but I have ginormous hips and thighs so the same problem area as other pears. Because i got so big I even put weight on my middle. Before I was pregnant (dd is now almost 8 :embarassed: ) I never really put on in the waist or tummy but I have never got back to my pre pregnancy weight :ohwell: This time I am determined to do it and have accepted it will take a long time. I am only 5ft1 and started at 173lbs and now I am 157lbs. I think I remember right that my hips are around 40" still when I am around 140lbs which sound tiny right now :laugh: For my exercise I walk, do Jillian Michaels dvds (RI30 right now) and I have just started The Bar Method as well in the hope it slims down my hips and thighs like they say! Thanks for posting all the motivating pics, I hope I will be able to do the same one day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!