Hit my weight loss goal! (pics)

Options
Azurite27
Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
After a life time of being overweight, I've finally made it to a healthy weight. I've always struggled with weight due to physical limitation caused by scoliosis and a sedentary lifestyle and chronic depression. The first time I moved out of my parent's place I went from 250 to 180 just by eating only when I was hungry and eating smaller portions and walking more. But then all of a sudden my appetite increased (possibly due to antidepressants and thyroid issues) at the same time my dad was dying of cancer and then I moved back in with my parents to help take care of him and with the increased appetite I ended up eating when I got home from work and then again when my mom ate because I was still hungry. As a result I gained back what I had lost plus another 35 pounds in a year or 2. After repeatedly asking my doctor for help and feeling ignored by her (once she felt my thyroid numbers were right she couldn't find anything else wrong), on January 1, 2013 I decided I might as well eat less if I'm starving all the time anyway and I drastically reduced my calories to what I know now was probably an unhealthy level and started going to the gym since restrictions had just been lifted at my workplace fitness center. I didn't know any better and my doctor's only advice was get plenty of protein without any tips of how much protein or even how much food I should be eating. So for 5 or 6 months I lost 10lbs a month and then fell off the wagon for a couple months following a medical procedure and recurrent depression but I didn't get too out of control and only gained 5 or so pounds because I mostly kept to the same practices but with occasional indulgences and less activity. I then went back on my plan of undereating until I found MFP. I quickly became addicted to the forums and realized what I had been doing was unhealthy and learned to log my food correctly. This was in Nov 2013. I also started strength training and really learned to love it. I quickly found I could actually eat more and still lose and I started eating healthier food and doing more cooking.

As of this morning I am now down to 146 from a starting weight of 285-290 and I don't think I could have done it without MFP. I still struggle with hunger, I think due to ongoing thyroid issues, but I can manage it by spacing out my food and sticking to my calories. I feel I'll have to keep logging and counting for the rest of my life but it's far better than the alternative. And I'm hoping to continue to improve my body through recomposition.

Starting weight (I don't have any body pics since I hated my body)
2ffX1qd.jpg

After 3 months, ~250-255
sd6wsfS.jpg

Nov 2013
2EY7SKb.jpg

Jan 2014
rm8D7mN.jpg

Feb 2014
bPJwFqS.jpg

May 2014
GTlqXmm.jpg

Today at 146
5BPSUr9.jpg

I'll try to post some better pics later and update after some body recomp. Anyone is welcome to add me, I love helping and inspiring others.

Replies

• fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching goal! You look amazing!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Congratulations! If you feel half as amazing as you look you much be pretty pleased!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Congrats on your awesome progress!
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow. Fantastic job, and you look great! :bigsmile:
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look wonderful!!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing.
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a transformation. Amazing story, thanks for sharing.
  • bakokari57
    bakokari57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thank you for sharing and since I have just started the journey this spring, and just as far to go, I would love to be friends. Will send a request your way.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    WOW! Now I'm excited for reaching my own goal! You look mucking afazing! :bigsmile:
  • :wink: great job!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My reaction.......:noway:

You look amazing! Great, great, great job! :flowerforyou:
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You look great - all your hard work shows!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations......you are an inspiration to me.....I have lost and still have a ways to go but have begun my journey again......I have scheduled ME time in the gym and after reading your story know I can do this....with time, patience and a great MFP support team......your hard work, determination and even a set back or two .....you set a goal and accomplished it so I know I can do the same.......Thanks for sharing your story :flowerforyou: can I add you as a friend
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You did a great job! How about a tiny smile?
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job! :smile:
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Your hard work and dedication proved successful :happy:
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You did fantastic :bigsmile:
    Treat yourself to some tight clothes :laugh:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good job. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!