1 Year, 100 Pounds (Almost)

Replies

• pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    way to go!!! you look amazing!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Thank you so much everyone for the support. It's really exciting to be able to post these pictures, and I can't wait for next year to do my goal weight success story.
    Please share any advice you might have to someone just getting started.

My best bit of advice is to take it easy on yourself. Some people dive in head first and that's just how they work, but I needed to take it a step at a time. If it feels like a huge chore to track calories and exercise 5 times a week, it's probably not sustainable. Start with something that feels manageable to you, do that until it becomes second nature, then add on a little more. At first I was just focusing on eating. Now I'm exercising 3 times a week and in September I'll be adding weight training at least twice a week. I couldn't have just jumped into doing that when I first started MFP though or I would have felt like everything was way too hard.
    AMAZING journey!!! :)

PS. LOVE that medieval dress!! You should totally splurge when you hit your goal weight and get another one!! :drinker:

Don't worry, I totally intend to get a new dress when I get to goal. I'm still so sad that it doesn't fit anymore, because Ren Fest comes next week!
    Ecky, I'm so freaking proud of you. I'm seriously tearing up at work. I'm so excited to see you tomorrow and pass on some size 16 clothes (if you want them). I've got a whole box!

You are my bestie and inspiration, and I love you!

Awww, thank you Emmy! I totally want your clothes :love:
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Great story, you look so good and have a wonderful outlook. Best of luck meeting your utimate goal!
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Awesome!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i love that flower dress! you are amazing
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    What a beautiful and inspiring woman you are :flowerforyou:
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Wow wow wow. :flowerforyou:
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Such wonderful progress!

I'm about where you were a year ago. I'm also 5'9... and I started at 330. It's definitely inspiring to see the success that other people in similar situations have had to prove to me that it can be done! :)

Great job, and good luck on the next 70! :drinker:
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Awesome progress and dedication Echo! Congratulations!
  • WatchJenShrink
    WatchJenShrink Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations! I have roughly the same goal and same starting weight, so it's nice to see where I can end up in a year. I've been at it since May. I wish you success with the next 70.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Fantastic work, you look great!!
  • Amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing with us. Congrats and here's to you! :drinker:
  • mkchris
    mkchris Posts: 35 Member
    You seem like a young woman who is full of life and these changes are just going to make it easier for you to get out and do all the fun things you want to do. Great job!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Great job on your loss! You look so happy. I wish you continued success as you get to your goal!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Very inspirational! Great job!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Congratulations! And even if you don't feel much different now, as you get older, your joints will thank you for getting the weight off (says a woman who's on the long journey). :) Keep up the great work -- and can't wait to see you in more medieval garb!
  • kareniniowa
    kareniniowa Posts: 15 Member
    I loved your story!! What an inspiration to us all! I have a goal to lost 100 lbs. I just need to learn to be honest with MFP and track daily-obviously--it works! CONGRATS!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    You are amazing!~ I also have the same goal to drop 100lbs and it's good to hear such great success stories.

Alright! Time to get outside and hit the trails.
  • how did you do that? i've lost 29 lbs and now i cant lose my weight again..
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    I love everything about this. I think you were beautiful before and after. I love your smile - its infectious!
    And I love your attitude. Its refreshing and positive.
    Amazing transformation. You are an inspiration to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!