how many pounds lost before people started to notice?

Options
124»

Replies

• laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Took about 25 pounds before anyone said anything at work. I'm tall though so it's less noticeable to others I think. When I hit 30 pounds I noticed it more myself than previously.
  • KageModelZX
    Options
    My weight loss is always annoying, in the fact that I lose it from the face first. But I'd say maybe 5Kg? People usually comment after I slug out the gym for two weeks, or play DDR for weeks. I think it depends on what sort of social life you have as well, on how soon people notice.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13 so far. I can't see a lot of difference, but my hubby can. He hugged me the other day and said I felt flatter in front and he was able to pull me closer. Whoop-whoop!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think the people who havent seen you in weeks will notice. it also depends on what you wear and where you're losing.

for instance i havent been keeping my regular sunday workout time for about 6 weeks now and havent seen the sunday mid-morning weight room crew since. the gym is also the only place where i will wear the compression pants and fitted shirt combo that seems to accentuate my belly bulge :laugh: one of the guys today remarked that i had lost some weight (i've lost 7 pounds since seeing him) and was looking good (i lose first in my stomach) but there's no way anyway who sees me everyday in none workout clothes would be able to see my pudgy middle is less pudgy.
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" started at 215lbs and was a size 18. I had lost 35lbs, was a size 14, before anyone notice. Now as a 152lbs chick careening towards a size 7/8 (currently a solid 9/10, and thrilled!), I get comments every single day. I work at a retail job that has regular customers (video rental) and get comments every shift! It's REALLY encouraging!
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have lost 18 lbs so far (SW: 232) and nobody but my grandmother (who I see every day) has noticed and has said she's noticed it in my face. I have noticed my stomach getting smaller but not anything from my face.

Nobody else has said anything in my daily life. I'm anxious to see what my doctor will say when I see her for the first time in three months in September (since I've started on here again) and what my mom and brother will say when I see them for the first time in over a year in early October when they visit me, where I plan to be down 25 lbs total, and then what my dad and my two friends will say when I go home for Christmas (I won't have seen them for a year and a half), where I plan to be down close to 50 lbs by than.
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I got some comments when I hit 7lbs. I was wearing jeans and people could tell my hips look smaller. My husband also noticed that my backside seemed smaller. It was a nice motivator!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've lost right at 30, and no one but my closest cheerleaders have said anything. I haven't lost a pant size yet, although all my clothes fit better. The curse of being a tall woman.

Very true. I'm tall AND very big, and it took about 50 pounds for the changes to be obvious.
  • asteriskrntt
    asteriskrntt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There are a few factors which many have mentioned, like your starting size and how much you lost. I find a lot of people are just uncomfortable mentioning it because it is like saying "Gosh you were fat." I also find that people you know well but don't see very often noticed it more. I ran into a member of the clergy that I had not seen in a long time and he F bombed me ... Holy F, how much weight have you lost? I asked him if I could do confession for him this time :laugh:

BTW, I have lost a ton of inches but I guess have added lots of muscle cuz the scale hasn't moved. But it will. Keep at it everyone!
  • ChristenSchwiegerath
    Options
    About 20 lbs for me
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Am 5 ft 6 in. Started at 135 and lost 15-17 lbs. No one has noticed.
  • Jilliann68
    Jilliann68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Around the 10 lbs mark my family started to notice. My face was the first thing to thin out and that is what they see the most!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    People noticed around 7-10lbs, but I was already relatively small and didn't have much to lose. If think it depends on how you carry your weight, how much you have to lose, and what kind of clothes you wear.
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    well for me personally, when my pants size drop etc. Usually 10-15lbs
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 12 and 20lbs. And once my clothes got too big and I bought clothes that fit, that's when the comments really took off.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    5' 6" 100lbs to lose and 40lbs lost. Other than my daughter no one has commented.
    :brokenheart:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am down 25lbs in 90 days and no one seems to notice. Especially me...

I have over 100 lbs left to lose and at this point, this seems to run mostly true for me. I had one random person say something. But she hadn't seen me in between and I think that makes a difference.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My ex noticed the body change. I started lifting consistently about 4 weeks ago and he noticed the change in my legs and booty. I have yet to lose any weight though. We broke up around the time I started lifting.