I need Advices!! Weekend away!

Options
Hi,
I am going away for a weekend to Balearic Islands (spain) (Yay) its only 3 days but...
Everyone is planning on- eating loads- drinking loads!
I am going with my work colleagues and bosses.
I can't just refuse to go to the pub or stay in hotel on my own :(

What alcohol or food are fairly healthy in Spain??
When I was in Tenerife- everything was deep fried, there were no options for like steamed veg or brown rice..
Everything from chips, deep fried veg in flour, ;/

I know I can find steak etc. but i need other food than that.
I do cook all my meals at home, I don't eat out or buy ready ones.

Also I only drink wines, but wine is very heavy...
Any other alcohol -mixes to not be boring with soda water ?
I was thinking vodka and cranberry but I cant drink that all night :(

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    for alcohol go with a liquor and diet something, thats pretty much as low cal as it gets

food might be a little tougher, but just make wise choices and avoid fried stuff. like you said its only 3 days so its not going to kill you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awareness is half the battle so just be contentious on your choices. Remember, It's only 3 days, enjoy yourself!
  • GirlBossGoals
    GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i dont drink diet stuff :(

like no coke or gas/sweet drinks not even juices.

I will try to stick to tequila and vodka ;))

I am more scared of the food like i hope there is a shop nearby with greek yogurt etc.
    Also I hope my colleagues won't go only for food to the pubs where I wont have options for healthy choices:(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Me... I'd just drink water. I don't think alcohol is worth the calories... so I'd go and ask for water. But I wouldn't care what people think about me either, lol.

For the food, well, I'd try to stick to healthier choices but would probably splurge on desserts, as usual.
  • GirlBossGoals
    GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    the problem is- I want to drink alkohol ;)

Ive not been out for 2 months and I drank water or soda- I finally want to relax and enjoy myself without gaining everything back just within 3 days.

I was hoping someone was at spain holidays and could recommend some healthy choices as from my previous experience there was like NON- chips, cheese, burgers, deep fried- literally nothing good as even grilled stuff had like half box of salt on it;/
  • NenadStevic
    NenadStevic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have complete loss of appetite inhibition after alcohol consumption. I don't drink often, three to four times a month, usually red wine. Even though I can relatively easily maintain my calorie deficit on other days, I am experiencing major appetite increase after just two glasses of wine (approx. 0.5 liters). Then, I eat like 1000-2000 kcal in just one meal. Wine isn't problem per se, half a liter does not contain so many calories. So, is there anything I can do to suppress appetite, except complete abstinence from alcohol?