Brides on a Mission: Week 3

Options
124»

Replies

• NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Weigh in: So last week I said I would only weigh in on Thursdays and not Mondays/Thursdays anymore.

Well...I did weight in on Monday this week and it said I lost 3lbs since last Thursday! I have kept that weight off and lost another 0.2lbs according to the scale! I have been feeling really skinny and loving it :happy:

I dont know if I can break that Monday/Thursday thing, it is just too long to wait! :ohwell:
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    I forgot to do this last week!

1. Name: Nikki
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: St. Paul, MN
    4. Occupation: Nursing student and PCA on the trauma unit!
    5. Wedding date: 09/10/2011
    6. Fiancés name: Derrick
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 years on February 19th, 2011 :)
    8. Heaviest weight: 168
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 by August so I can alter my dress!!
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running, but I enjoy the cross-trainer and Taebo
    11. Favorite healthy food: Cherub tomatoes and fruit!

Brides on a Mission: week 3 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: None..I always seem to gain weight during ovulation...lameo...hopefully next week will be better!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): All of my bridesmaids have been fitted for their dresses and comfortable in it! :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Didn't get to the gym as much as I wanted to.
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: Oh, I wish I had a picture! Three stone princess cut diamonds with diamonds on the band..it's beautiful and I love it!!! He knew I wanted a 3 stone but he picked this one out! He did a great job!
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: SO MUCH TO DO!! I have not one creative bone in my body unless it is health care, so it has been really hard for me to pick out things. :(
    6. Any wedding news updates: We hired a decorator! :) She is wonderful; puts EVERYTHING up and takes EVERYTHING down at the end of the night! :) Plus, she works really close to the florist which is always helpful! So happy!!
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Reese's peanut butter cups...YUMMO!!
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): I did well, I had a fruit and a veggie at every meal!
    9. Weekly wrap up: LET'S GO BRIDES!! WE GOT THIS!!!
  • Nelle914
    Nelle914 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Shannelle Sisneros
    2. Age: 18
    3. City: Santa fe, NM
    4. Occupation: Customer service
    5. Wedding date: Sep. 10, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Adam Garcia
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Almost 6 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 200
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 Sep. 1, 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Walking
    11. Favorite healthy food: Apples
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    OOO I have a lowlight...what do you do when your MOH is being really terrible? like I mean I want to rip her face off terrible. She isn't talking to me right now because I hurt her feelings the other day...but seriously, I wish someone would put her in her place soon because she's getting really obnoxious and socially stupid. I love her, but obviously I'm not the one that can tell her she's being totally self absorbed and immature. On a good note, I may hoave found my photographer. She'll do engagement, wedding and "intimate"...ooo I don't know, I think the intimate would be a good reward for when I lose all my weight, but it's still kind of embarassing lol...what do you guys think? would you do an intimate (no nuddies, just sexy underwear)
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    6. Any wedding news updates: Everything is ready to go I think, got the order of service and hymns sorted

One thing that I'm finding to be the biggest challenge is picking out songs for the service and reception, as well as readings for the service. Any suggestions?

So far we have:

Ceremony
    Debbie Gibson - For Better or For Worse (Processional), Sixpense None the Richer - Kiss Me (Recessional)

Reception
    Pink - Let's Get the Party Started (Wedding Party Entrance)
    Joe Scarbury - Believe it Or Not (Bride/Groom Entrance)
    Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the Sky (First Dance)
    Moody Blues - The )Voice (Father/Daughter Dance)
    Pink Floyd - Money (Dollar Dance)
    Barbara Streisand - If I Could (Mother/Son Dance

We have NO readings whatsoever and I have no clue about those!:-P

Shannon

We're having a catholic church service so we are limited to what readings we can have - there are lots of websites for religious readings out there if thats your thing. We were allowed to pick our own hymns (no modern/pop music though) and prayers which still makes it personal to us. I can mail the links if you want

Our first dance is U2- with or without you; favourite song in the world for both of us
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: Lost about 3-4 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Found our perfect venue and will be booking it soon!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Went to the gym the 1st time on Tues and passed out twice, boy did I over do it! I even have a nice painful lump on my head! OWWW!
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: See my pic! We went looking and it was my favorite! I can't believe I actually got it though! :D
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Budgeting! I have million dollar taste, but pennies in my pocket! LOL
    6. Any wedding news updates: See # 2
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: I love ice cream! But, if it's in the house I eat it like crazy, so I try not to keep it in the house.
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Lots of clementines and trying to eat more salads.
    9. Weekly wrap up: So far so good. Gotta get back to the gym after the lump on my head goes away!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    6. Any wedding news updates: Everything is ready to go I think, got the order of service and hymns sorted

One thing that I'm finding to be the biggest challenge is picking out songs for the service and reception, as well as readings for the service. Any suggestions?

So far we have:

Ceremony
    Debbie Gibson - For Better or For Worse (Processional), Sixpense None the Richer - Kiss Me (Recessional)

Reception
    Pink - Let's Get the Party Started (Wedding Party Entrance)
    Joe Scarbury - Believe it Or Not (Bride/Groom Entrance)
    Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the Sky (First Dance)
    Moody Blues - The )Voice (Father/Daughter Dance)
    Pink Floyd - Money (Dollar Dance)
    Barbara Streisand - If I Could (Mother/Son Dance

We have NO readings whatsoever and I have no clue about those!:-P

Shannon

We're having a catholic church service so we are limited to what readings we can have - there are lots of websites for religious readings out there if thats your thing. We were allowed to pick our own hymns (no modern/pop music though) and prayers which still makes it personal to us. I can mail the links if you want

Our first dance is U2- with or without you; favourite song in the world for both of us

I think next week our Wedding Topic should be first dance songs!! It took me forevveerr to decide on a song and I jumped between quite a few. I ended up going with the one we... haha who am I kidding... the one *I* chose at the very beginning. I heard it for the first time the day after he proposed on the radio while I was painting my mom's bedroom. Both of us just stopped and listened and it was perfect... the song is "Brad Paisley - Then"... I'm a country fan :-)

Also - is anyone taking dance lessons and having their song choreographed? Neither one of us can dance so this is something we are DEFINITELY doing.. plus I think it will be fun :-)
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    oh and I've been meaning to post my ring picture... it's just a simple 1 karat diamond solitaire in a 4 prong platinum setting.. and the diamond was from my Grandma's ring and I had it reset in the platinum band

DSC01681-1.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oh gainskb that's beautiful! I wish I could figure out how to take a picture of my ring lol trust me I've tried
  • redruthie
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: 3lbs lost. CW 262.5

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Started yoga on Thursday nights and tennis on Saturday mornings. It's great.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Confidence...

4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out:
    I hope you can see the ring.
    8810_S.jpg
    my hunny picked it out and it is totally ME! I love it :)

5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Finding a beach location in Hawaii

6. Any wedding news updates: Not this week

7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Chocolate Cake... (drool)

8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Excellent! I had tons of broccoli, asparagus, tomatos, blueberries, raspberries, and more! I did really well!

9. Weekly wrap up: I feel good about my progress this week. I'm drinking lots of water, and eating more vegetables and fruits as snacks and with my meals.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I am going to post tomorrow because that is my weigh in day. I have a question for you guys on flowers? Are you going with real flowers or fake flowers? We each have 6 attendants so I was initially thinking that one way to cut costs would be to go with fake flowers, but now I am not sure because I think real flowers are soooo pretty. Is it less expensive to just buy real flowers and arrange them yourself? I LOVE to do that kind of thing....I just feel lost on this! What are you guys doing for flowers?

I found a lady who sells on eBay who does FANTASTIC fake flower arrangements. Here is my bouquet that she did.

Bride.jpg

I plan on spritzing them with a little lilac essential oil the day before the wedding so that they seem more genuine. She did them as a package and it was only $200 for a bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, four bridesmaids, four groomsmen, two dad, and two mom corsages. I'm also having her make wreaths to go around my hurricane lamps, which will be another $150.

Here is her eBay store, it's called Island Bridal. She does custom orders so don't be afraid to ask!

http://stores.ebay.com/ISLAND-BRIDAL-BOUQUETS-BY-ELIZABETH

Shannon
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I read this tip on Self.com today and I think it's so true. Thought I would share with you gals:

Think Like a Guy and Lose Even More Weight

The male mind-set can help you hurdle small setbacks.

Even in the face of setbacks, men believe they're doing great and rarely doubt their ability to succeed, says Robert Pennino, president of Terrier Tri coaching in New York City. "My female athletes become distraught or beat themselves up if they don't notice results right away." Time for a fresh take: Tell yourself that not every day will be a winner, but that you will achieve your weight loss. A chocolate overdose or skipped jog doesn't mean failure—your next meal or sweat session is another chance to keep at it. You've made it this far; keep your forward momentum going!
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I will have to check that out! Thanks so much!

Anne
    Hey everybody! I am going to post tomorrow because that is my weigh in day. I have a question for you guys on flowers? Are you going with real flowers or fake flowers? We each have 6 attendants so I was initially thinking that one way to cut costs would be to go with fake flowers, but now I am not sure because I think real flowers are soooo pretty. Is it less expensive to just buy real flowers and arrange them yourself? I LOVE to do that kind of thing....I just feel lost on this! What are you guys doing for flowers?

I found a lady who sells on eBay who does FANTASTIC fake flower arrangements. Here is my bouquet that she did.

Bride.jpg

I plan on spritzing them with a little lilac essential oil the day before the wedding so that they seem more genuine. She did them as a package and it was only $200 for a bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, four bridesmaids, four groomsmen, two dad, and two mom corsages. I'm also having her make wreaths to go around my hurricane lamps, which will be another $150.

Here is her eBay store, it's called Island Bridal. She does custom orders so don't be afraid to ask!

http://stores.ebay.com/ISLAND-BRIDAL-BOUQUETS-BY-ELIZABETH

Shannon
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    1. Name: Meg B
    2. Age:26
    3. City:Middletown, PA
    4. Occupation:Mommy right now...CT/Xray tech before then
    5. Wedding date:7/3/2011
    6. Fiancés name:Laszlo
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:3years
    8. Heaviest weight:170 ( i was 9 months Preggers)
    9. Goal weight and date:130 by May (dress alterations)
    10. Favorite type of exercise:ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11. Favorite healthy food:grapefruit! yumm

Not sure if you need anything else...I started at 152.6 and at the beginning of this week (Monday) i was 147.6 :o)
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost: 5 lbs since Jan 3
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): We booked our photographer!!! :o) Another checkmark off the list! :o)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Unsure weather to go with flowers from a florist or trying to do it myself with wholesale flowers to save money...
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: I gave him 2 choices of rings that i liked when he took me ring shopping...he made the final decision. :o)
    http://www.heartsonfire.com/Browse-Collection/By-Jewelry-Type/Rings/Engagement-Rings/FelicitySplitShankSolitaire.aspx
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: catering!!! We did finally find a great family owned company that is within our price range, LOVE THEM!
    6. Any wedding news updates: Done with venue for wedding and reception, caterer, photographer, officiant and DJ. Onward to Flowers, and cake...
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: anything sweet!
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): im new...:o( ill let you know next week :o)
    9. Weekly wrap up:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    [/quote]

I think next week our Wedding Topic should be first dance songs!! It took me forevveerr to decide on a song and I jumped between quite a few. I ended up going with the one we... haha who am I kidding... the one *I* chose at the very beginning. I heard it for the first time the day after he proposed on the radio while I was painting my mom's bedroom. Both of us just stopped and listened and it was perfect... the song is "Brad Paisley - Then"... I'm a country fan :-)

Also - is anyone taking dance lessons and having their song choreographed? Neither one of us can dance so this is something we are DEFINITELY doing.. plus I think it will be fun :-)
    [/quote]

Sounds good...I will add that in there for next weeks post. :smile:

We are taking dance lessions too! We haven't started them yet since the wedding is alittle ways a way yet. We had said that a long time ago it was something we wanted to do. I think we will just be doing a choreographed ballroom dance by the dance instructor. I'm excited to start lessions!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Please look for new week 4 thread! (Brides on a Mission: week 4)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Please look for new week 4 thread! (Brides on a Mission: week 4)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/159652-brides-on-a-mission-week-4
  • allysonlwinter
    Options
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
    1. Name: Allyson
    3. City: Nashville
    4. Occupation: Attorney
    5. Wedding date: March 5, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Jake
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 1 year and some change
    8. Heaviest weight: 180
    9. Goal weight and date: Wedding: 155, July 2011, 140
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: spinach

Brides on a Mission: week 31. Weight loss/inches lost: Brand new!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Farewell Brunch Invites went out!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): None of my clothes fit, huge aniexty attack about it
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: Jake designed it, see picture
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Dealing with mom/budget and not into it MOH
    6. Any wedding news updates:
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: Mexican food
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): Brand new, but I love Bolthouse smoothies
    9. Weekly wrap up: Going to try and run 3x a week, weights 2x a week and catalog food I am eating
  • pandora86
    pandora86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
    1. Name: Hayley
    3. City: Bovey Tracey, UK
    4. Occupation: Full Time Mum
    5. Wedding date: 14th April, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Adam
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 Years in July
    8. Heaviest weight: 252lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: Wedding 13th April 2012 - 168lb
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Power Plate
    11. Favorite healthy food: Celery

Brides on a Mission:
    1. Week: ?Week 19 for me. Weight Loss/Inches Lost: 1 Stone/4 inches off waist.
    2. Highlight of the past week: Mothers day had champagne breakfast
    3. Lowlight of the past week: still odnt fir perfectly into a size 20
    4. Show me your bling! What type of engagement ring do you have and who picked it out: Gold with Green Peridot Gemstone
    5. What has been the hardest part in wedding planning so far: Finding a wedding dress i like without trying it on (due to size)
    6. Any wedding news updates: got menu tasting in a few weeks.
    7. What is your guilty pleasure food: wine
    8. How did you do with the week 2 challenge (adding more fruits and veggies to your diet): love to eat food with lots of veggies already. mmm
    9. Weekly wrap up: toning tables x3, power plate x2,