How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like mine on a baked potato instead of butter and sour cream. Or by itself, or in a salad, or whatever, I love cottage cheese.
  • mimmy1091
    mimmy1091 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love it as a salad dressing replacement. Also, I eat it with Wheat Thins. It's a great and filling combination.
  • Murochin
    Options
    I like it with diced banana - yummy!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I like it with salt and pepper!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Salsa! I love love love cottage cheese with a spoonful of salsa on top.

Me too! Recently I've been mixing it, heating in the microwave and dipping homemade baked tortilla chips. Yum!

I put gazpacho on mine today, very good too
  • yellosd
    yellosd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat hole.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I like to make lazy lasagna by mixing cottage cheese into my spaghetti on the plate, topping with a bit of shredded lower fat mozza and broiling in the oven.

Ooh, I like the idea of "lazy lasagne"! Might be good to make with zoodles as well. :)
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Blend it as a dip - Me too..it's like a really old Weight Watcher's recipe my mom used to do when I was young. I think it called for just a touch of lemon juice too...then whatever seasoning you want. That means lots of garlic in mine.
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat it with fruit (usually strawberries & blueberries, but also good with pineapple or mango! YUM). Lately I've been eating it with fresh tomato's from my garden. Also a fave dish with my family is to mix it with eggs, spinach, cubed ham, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and slices of tomato's on top & bake it in the oven for a delicious crust-less quiche.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I HATE cottage cheese. So I put it in my protein shake with a bunch of other ingredients to mask the taste.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it plain, so I eat it with the biggest spoon I can get my hands on. :wink:
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I actually love it plain. It has to be small curd though. I sometimes put salt and pepper on it, sometimes eat it with crackers or pretzels. As a dinner idea - growing up, my family would boil potatoes, and put the hot potatoes into cottage cheese (with salt. pepper & onion) - and it was sooo good. I have eaten it with fruit before, but that way is not my favorite.
  • Bagpuss_Janet
    Bagpuss_Janet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like it mashed with tinned mackerel and a spoonful of horseradish sauce and a drizzle of lemon juice - then I dip carrot sticks, cucumber, peppers etc into it. :)
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Stevia with peaches or pineapple. Also hate plain cottage cheese and I thought that sounded disgusting until I tried it. Can't get enough of it now
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    With a little honey or some fruit compote. On my odd days, when I've convinced myself I can smell the grass the cow ate in the cottage cheese > honey, peanut butter and celery.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    There's a super cheap store brand at Giant that has pineapple already in it. I get the fat free since fat is easy for me to get in my diet and protein is a challenge for me.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it plain but yesterday I diced up a super ripe white nectarine in it and it was amazing :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Manicotti with cottage cheese was always a family favorite of ours. We used to use ground beef and about 1 cup cheese, but these days we use ground turkey and less cheese.

Ingredients
    - 20 oz. ground turkey
    - 10 oz. pkg frozen spinach, thawed & drained
    - 2 cups cottage cheese (2%)
    - 1 large egg
    - 14 manicotti shells
    - 22 fl. ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
    - 5 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Directions

Sautee ground turkey until browned. Season to taste. Mix with drained spinach, cottage cheese, 1 egg to make stuffing.

Thin pasta sauce with 1/2 cup water. Spread 1/2 of sauce on bottom of baking dish.

Cook manicotti shells for about 7 minutes (undercook). Gently stuff with turkey mixture and arrange in a single layer on top of pasta sauce. Spread remaining pasta sauce over top.

Cook covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan, bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is golden.

Makes 7 servings (2 stuffed manicotti shells)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Plain with melba toast. I can't eat it with anything mixed in.....makes me gag.