• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    "I have a cute vagina"

That's nice but your medical notes say you have acute angina
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Business speak, such as "interface" (you mean like talk to each other?), "network" (okay, so we're having lunch then?), "synergy" (a/k/a destroy shareholder value by combining two companies with entirely different styles and goals), and on that subject "culture" (yea, it's a frigg'n business just like 10 of the exact same businesses in this economy), and "downsize" (fire people).
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :laugh:

A lovely intelligent lady I work with always says "pacific" for "specific", as in "I'm pacifically concerned about this patient" which isn't true as she can actually be quite feisty and argumentative...

Oh, and there are way too many people who say "brought" instead of "bought". Argh!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    an ex of mine and her mother always used to say ' oh well he doesn't mix his words' instead of 'he doesn't mince his words' meaning he is a straight talking person.

My colleague at work is unbelievably thick, and gets himself in all sorts of pickles trying to sound clever. Two from this morning so far:

'give me thirty minutes and I will have it all tied up for yourself, lock stock and two smoking barrels'

'Yes I'm afraid it's half a dozen of the others....'

I must burn 50 calories a day cringing...
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    6 of 1, half a dozen of the other:

That each offended side has contributed equally to the situation.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    "I have a cute vagina"

That's nice but your medical notes say you have acute angina

This reminds me of a joke.

This couple in their 80s who lived in a retirement home decided to get married. On their wedding night, the wife put on a sexy teddy and went into the bedroom where her new husband was waiting eagerly. She said to him, "I have to warn you, I have acute angina." He said, "Thank God for small favors, because those are the ugliest boobies I've ever seen!".
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    "I could care less."

That one is my favorite :laugh:
    I could care less, but not much less.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hearing "He did it off his own back" drives me crazy - it's "BAT", FGS!

Then there's "Talking ten to the dozen" to mean someone is speaking quickly - errrr, 10 is less than a dozen - or it was last time I checked

And "I could of...", instead of "I could have..."

Sorry to be such a pedant!
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options
    No holes barred sounds a hell of lot more fun than holds

LMBO!!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    unthaw

supposably (OMG! I want to freaking scream when I hear this. My SIL says it. She's supposed to be an educated and intelligent person… but I have a hard time believing it whenever I hear her say this!)
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    unthaw

supposably (OMG! I want to freaking scream when I hear this. My SIL says it. She's supposed to be an educated and intelligent person… but I have a hard time believing it whenever I hear her say this!)

I suppose there is a possibility your SIL is simply being clever and instead of saying she is going to freeze something, she says "unthaw"?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't care how they are doing. It is just a greeting. I don't believe that most people who ask that question actually care about the truthful answer.

If they are truly doing good, I want to hear about it. In that case, though, I would want to know specifics. They could say, "I've been rescuing kittens in my spare time." I would love to hear about that!

So you're put off by the way someone responds to a question when you don't care about the answer? Irregardless, I have an easy solution, don't ask the question. Just say 'hello', 'good morning', etc.... 10 of one, half dozen of the other. :wink:

I'm annoyed when someone uses "good" as an adverb regardless of the circumstances.

Not that you're wrong, but I used to work with a guy that used 'irregardless' at least 5 times a day... it used to set my teeth on edge. Then I realized that life (mine anyway) is too short to sweat such minor details.

Thank you for coming up with the answer to all of life's challenges! I had no idea that I could just ignore these things that annoy me! *sarcasm*

Please consider that it may not be easy for some people to just forget the small things. People who have anxiety issues cannot do that as easily. I realize you may not have known that about me; but it is universally true that if someone wanted to just ignore something, then s/he would just do so without suggestion.

I'm just trying to help you understand my perspective.

And I was just sharing my perspective... we good bro?

Fair enough.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Then there's "Talking ten to the dozen" to mean someone is speaking quickly - errrr, 10 is less than a dozen - or it was last time I checked

And "I could of...", instead of "I could have..."

Sorry to be such a pedant!

Could of instead of could have does my bleedin' head in - do you reckon its a Stokey thing?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

I don't know this phrase. Do you mean "right off the bat?"
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Not a saying but a new word.........maybe. So my coworker is getting ready to do an injection on a patient and is explaining something to him, when she uses the word "manipulize" and in my head I'm thinking "that isn't a word...... is it? No definitely not, hmm sounds like a real word though, umm maybe I just haven't heard it before, no, no, definitely not a word." So I asked later, nope not a word, but it would be a lovely way to marry Manipulate and monopolize. Word combining can be fun.
  • jennycjenny
    jennycjenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's a whole nother issue.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Why did I have a totally different picture of this thread?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    worst case ontario
    it doesnt take rocket appliances to ....
    get two birds stoned at once
    denial and error
    do onto others as you do onto you
    its clear to see who makes the pants here
    passed with flying carpets
    what comes around is all around

and finally

make like a tree and *kitten* off