What is your favorite kind of chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it in the US, but Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate varieties are great.

We can get them here and they're amazing. I think they're a lot cheaper in the UK though because I remember stocking up when I was over there. There were also more varieties.
    I'm in the bay area now so I'm partial to Ghirardelli, great for baking but I did just buy 3 big Lindt bars the other day, I just love chocolate :love:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it in the US, but Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate varieties are great.

Green & Black is wonderful. You usually have to go to a specialty market or buy online. I love the one with ginger.
  • Snail_Whale
    Snail_Whale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lindt chili pepper chocolate. That is the ultimate in flavour, IMHO. It's freakin' delicious. Hence, I only get it on special occasions because it's impossible for me not to eat the whole bar.

My second favourate is Cadbury Dairy Milk mint chocolate. I only get it on special occasions for the same reason.

Then, third, just the Dairy Milk milk chocolate. I get the smaller bars(not the Thins). I don't eat them often, either.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    milka chocolate truffle... (although the ones i get in the states dont seem as good as what i got overseas)

ritter white chocolate cranberry

i dont get a lot of chocolate though... more of a fruity candy kinda chick.

if you like dark chocolate consider making a dark chocolate sorbet. low fat, low cal, super rich, and cold....

Dark chocolate sorbet, why haven't I thought of that before?!! I'm going to go look it up now!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love dark chocolate and can even tolerate the 90% cocoa. I usually eat Ghiradelli squares because they are really good and perfectly portioned but want to try something new.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good chocolate that isn't your typical M&M's, Dove, Hershey's, etc..?

OFF the shelves and easy to obtain Dark Chocolates:

I enjoy the Looka Dark Chocolate Pyramid Mousse Cake

20z2vwh.jpg

Much like you ~ Ghirardelli

290pqnp.jpg

And when I do feel like mouth pop'ems ... Dark Chocolate Almond Bark from Trader Joes, The Kirkland Dark Chocolate Superfruits & raisins and Brookside Dark Chocolate [Pom, Acai, Goji].

And of of course, by special mention : Talenti and chocolate ~ need I say more?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I really love Trader Joe's dark chocolate :love: ... I believe it's 72%.... it's so delicious!! :smooched:
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    All lol.

My faves are Cadburys or Nestle or Mars (Galaxy!)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There's this place in Vegas called Ethel M's Chocolate OMG I can't get enough of it. It's made without presevitives and it's so rich. They sell online but they don't sell their best chocolate because it's 14% alcohol. They have Bourbon, Irish cream, Champaine, Rum and various mixed drinks. You can so get drunk off 4 or 5 of them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It's not the most super fancy schmancy chocolate around, but I LOVE Lindt "Nice to Sweet You" stuff...they sell the small sticks at Target for a buck and I am so in love ;-) They're around 190-210 cal for the whole bar and have flavors like Salted Caramel, Caramel Brownie, Strawberry Cheesecake, etc. All of them taste wonderful!

My husband and I also like to get Ghirardelli or Terravita dark chocolate bars. Those last awhile in our house having just 1 square each day. The Cabernet Matinee is so good (Ghirardelli) and Terravita's cocoa & cardamom....tasty.

If you couldn't tell, I really like my chocolate with other stuff/flavors. Plain dark or milk chocolate is good but I don't go nuts for it like the flavored stuff.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ChocoLove has great flavors. They are based out of Boulder, CO so I'm not sure if its a Colorado only thing because I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread but everything I have tried by them has been fantastic!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Today I had a 9 gram square of Café-Tasse Noir. I also like their Orange (I'm a fan of chocolate mixed with other flavors) and Caramel.

To push a local brand, I enjoy a lot of the Vosges' flavors: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/vosges-gourmet-dark-chocolate. I do especially like the black salt caramel, which isn't all that exotic a combination, though.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's 72% imported Belgian dark chocolate is REALLY good!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    It all really depends what I'm looking for.

If I want chocolate with a really good, velvety texture, I'll pick up Lindt (all flavors are good, haven't been disappointed yet. I was very impressed with their white chocolate coconut!)

If I want a chocolate bar with unique flavors, I purchase Chuao. (So far I have only tried the potato chip bar, but I bought popcorn and rocky road and I'm sure I won't be disappointed!)

In all other circumstances, if I have a lot of money to blow ($7 per chocolate bar), I'll treat myself to Sucre's Sicilian Pistachio & Rose Petal Chocolate Bar... so good! I have never had rose petals prior to this, but they have really cute chocolates (perfect for gifts the way they're packaged), so I splurged and it turns out I love rose petals and their milk chocolate! Which was surprising for me, considering I'm usually more into dark chocolate.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    ChocoLove has great flavors. They are based out of Boulder, CO so I'm not sure if its a Colorado only thing because I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread but everything I have tried by them has been fantastic!

CO and TX, at least. I really like ChocoLove, too. The chocolate is good on its own, and when it isn't plain, the mixed in bits are usually a good size and amount - unlike some varieties where you have to go hunting for them.
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love dark chocolate and can even tolerate the 90% cocoa. I usually eat Ghiradelli squares because they are really good and perfectly portioned but want to try something new.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good chocolate that isn't your typical M&M's, Dove, Hershey's, etc..?

Ghiradelli makes an awesome chocolate with sea salt. Look for their varieties. I haven't met one that I don't really like (except white chocolate mint....I don't like white chocolate OR mint).
  • lisanhorowitz
    lisanhorowitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    endangered species chocolate. there's lots of flavors and 10% of the profits go to endangered species.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I'm an equal opportunity chocolate lover.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I prefer white chocolate Lindt truffles.... and a plethora of Godiva truffles.

I'm also a big fan of Kinder and Toblerone chocolate bars.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    endangered species chocolate. there's lots of flavors and 10% of the profits go to endangered species.

I have a couple of these right now, the Bat is my favorite, it is 72% with cocoa nibs in it.