f/25 lost 120 lbs/// underwear pictures re: lose skin

Options

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

I imagine we are on parallel journeys and I've been wondering how things will shake out for me in the end, skin-wise. Funny, I used to think losing fat would be my issue..... Weird how now I'm confident I can lose the fat.... I guess that's a giant mental shift I've had.

Anyway, I really appreciate you sharing your pictures with me. I'd be happy to have your arms (I worry about those most of all!)! I hope some day I do have your arms!!!!

Congratulations on all your hard work. I wish you much continued success!
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation ... and great pictures! I wish you all the success in the world as you move forward with lifting - if you can loose 120 lbs, you can do anything! GREAT JOB!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look great and what an achievement! At your age, I'm sure the bits of loose skin will go away. I love your attitude too!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I am 12 years older and 2" shorter, but have almost exactly the same weight loss over 5 years (307 to 173). You look better than I do but our arms & legs are very similar! So cool to see someone with similar SW/CW!! Congrats too!
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great.
  • WynterMoonlight
    Options
    Wow! You look wonderful for dropping so much weight! I wish you good health as you continue on in your journey! Cheers!
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    O MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am 5'10" and started out at 332lbs (I know that is 32lbs more than you) and like you scour the forums for women my height/weight that I can look at! I am so happy you post this and let me just tell you....YOU LOOK AWESOME! I can only pray to look as nice. I know everyone is different and even though your body and success will be different than mine, it is lovely for you to share! I am super happy for you!
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, you look so great! I hope my skin tightens up that much when I get to your weight.

I've done the same, trying to find after pictures to see what other people with my type of fat distribution (I have very unfortunate rolls right at my waist/belly button level...wanted to see if people's rolls ever mostly went away)
  • oreosmommy77
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU so much for posting your picture! Thanks to you I feel so encouraged about the possible results I can achieve. I am 37 years old, 5' 8" and currently weigh 316 lbs. My goal is to get as close to 160 lbs. as possible. I just started my journey one week ago and have not lost any weight AND have NOT lost any hope yet. This (counting calories and being hyper-conscientious about what I eat) is absolutely new to me, but I'm ready for this challenge. I reached my breaking point (which I needed) and I am staying as close (and sometimes even under!) my daily calorie goal. I will get better about adding more exercise to my routine.

Can you please share more insights into your journey? You said that it has been less than one year since you started. What was your "breaking point", if any? What motivated you to start? Did you see results the first few weeks? Were you counting calories and exercising? I would appreciate any tips and insights from you.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Well done, you've done so well and look great.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • riquid
    riquid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU so much for posting your picture! Thanks to you I feel so encouraged about the possible results I can achieve. I am 37 years old, 5' 8" and currently weigh 316 lbs. My goal is to get as close to 160 lbs. as possible. I just started my journey one week ago and have not lost any weight AND have NOT lost any hope yet. This (counting calories and being hyper-conscientious about what I eat) is absolutely new to me, but I'm ready for this challenge. I reached my breaking point (which I needed) and I am staying as close (and sometimes even under!) my daily calorie goal. I will get better about adding more exercise to my routine.

Can you please share more insights into your journey? You said that it has been less than one year since you started. What was your "breaking point", if any? What motivated you to start? Did you see results the first few weeks? Were you counting calories and exercising? I would appreciate any tips and insights from you.

First of all thank you so much and congrats on starting this, you won't believe how great you'll feel this time next year.
    My breaking point wasn't really a set point in time, it gradually snuck up on me. I was putting on weight bit by bit and feeling increasingly uncomfortable.
    I was a chubby kid, a fat teenager and then finally an obese adult and somewhere along the line I crossed over from 'fat but still active and happy' into 'fat and uncomfortable'. Then my ankles started hurting, I got to the point where simply walking caused me physical pain and I was barely 24 so I sat down in front of my laptop and read up on nutrition and weight loss for the first time in my life. I didn't really believe I'd make it but I wanted to try at least.
    I ate around 1500 calories at first, consisting of veggies and lean meat 2 times a day and either cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. I'd always, without fail, have some kind of snack once a day (a muffin, two cookies, pudding or whatever else I felt like) as well as some fruit and 2-3 cups of coffee with skim milk and sugar. Once or twice a month I'd get a huge pizza or a doner kebap. After a while I loosened up a bit and sometimes went over my goal but in the end I always made sure to not completely eliminate my weekly deficit.
    The weight melted off the first few weeks. I had a few plateaus but I never worried about them because I knew that I was honest with my logging and that the scale would eventually catch up. After reaching 200 lbs I upped my calories to slow down a bit, I was kinda scared of what I looked like in the mirror. My gut was hanging way down, my arms had freaking WINGS and my breasts were a nightmare.
    Like I said in my original post though, it just needed some time to tighten up a bit. I look way better now in comparison and hope to improve further. Make sure you drink lots of water and use lotion, other than that it's all luck.
    As for exercise: I did originally start with some cardio and weight machines 2-3 times a week but I quickly dropped it as I had to move away for school and work. The only exercise I got after that was walking to school and back daily (not even a mile in total) and going window shopping in town. It was all diet basically.
  • mslee369
    mslee369 Posts: 29
    Options
    Let me say, thank you for sharing and you look absolutely amazing. Congratulations on such a great job!
  • onetallmamma
    onetallmamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey! I'm 5'10" too - I started at 230 (my highest weight). I've always known "what to do" I just needed to do it! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height, lost about 50lbs so far, down from around 250lbs.

I hope when I get to 176lbs I'll look like you. I didn't realise I could potentially look so good so soon. :D I'm lifting weights already, it can't hurt, can it?

Very inspirational anyway...
  • oreosmommy77
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will follow your example and will definitely not give up on myself this time.

I set a goal of losing two pounds a week. After the first week I started logging my food I got on the scale and had GAINED two pounds. Now two weeks into this I have LOST four pounds. Go figure! I definitely feel motivated and excited to see the scale moving in the right direction. I am sure I will hit plateaus but I plan on sticking this out because I want to look as fabulous as you. :)

Once again, thank you!!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so real with us and putting yourself out there like this. It is VERY appreciated.
  • beth3126
    beth3126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Very motivating.
  • pd4living
    pd4living Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job, and thank you for an amazing post, with your result and pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!