Wedding dress won't ZIP!!!!

I tried on my dress last night.....The last time I put it on was in May. My wedding is 9/20.

It wouldn't zip all the way up. It was snug in May; but I could wear it.

Now I lack about 3 inches.

I'm eating decently -- but need to add exercise to my daily routine and started last night out of sheer panic.

But I'm worried that i'll gain MUSCLE and not loose anything. Besides; it's my boobs that have gotten too big...isn't that a HARD place to lose weight?????

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    You lose inches of fat way faster than you can build any muscle. If fact, it is nearly impossible to gain muscle mass while running a calorie deficit. Feel free to friend me and I'll encourage you.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    In for boob muscle
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    In for boob muscle

:laugh: :laugh:
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    1200 calories and a seamstress. Good luck!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    If you're eating at a deficit, you won't gain muscle.

Your body is going to lose fat wherever it chooses. There's nothing you can do to make it let go of boob fat. (If the dress is too small at the bust, that could also be back fat, btw).

Do you have time to have the dress altered? Trying to lose 3" in a month is pretty risky, and you don't know whether or not you'll lose it from the correct places anyway.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    1 month......3 inches from closing.......good luck....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I tried on my dress last night.....The last time I put it on was in May. My wedding is 9/20.

It wouldn't zip all the way up. It was snug in May; but I could wear it.

Now I lack about 3 inches.

I'm eating decently -- but need to add exercise to my daily routine and started last night out of sheer panic.

But I'm worried that i'll gain MUSCLE and not loose anything. Besides; it's my boobs that have gotten too big...isn't that a HARD place to lose weight?????

You won't gain muscle....

Eat less food....
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Well it looks like it took you 3 months to add 3 inches. If you only have 1 month to lose all that, I'd suggest calling a seamstress. Good luck!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Three inches is a lot. Get it altered.

I gain and lose a lot from my boobs when I gan/lose weight,

Good luck!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Don't stress yourself out trying to spot reduce the month before your wedding. That's a bad plan. Get yourself and your dress to a seamstress, explain your situation, and she or he will advise you best. They can make alterations that will allow for more very quick minor adjustments should you lose an inch between now and your wedding.
  • sjd1974
    sjd1974 Posts: 12 Member
    1) Don't freak out.
    2) Start drinking a lot of water. If you aren't already doing so, make sure you are getting AT LEAST 8 glasses of water a day. This will flush your system of toxins and discourage water retention.
    3) Watch your sodium intake, especially a week or so before the wedding. Steer clear of processed, canned, pre-packaged meals, or anything overly salty. Too much salt can encourage water retention.
    4) Exercise daily. Even if it's just a 30 minute walk. I think at this point, aerobic exercise will help you more than any kind of resistance training.
    5) Get in touch with a seamstress NOW and find out his/her lead time to let out the dress if needed.
    6) This goes without saying, but watch your calories and also EAT your calories (lean meats, veggies, fruits, etc)--no sugary drinks, reduce alcohol (if necessary) and make sure you don't stay continually UNDER your calories. This can cause a whole array of problems.
    WORK HARD and you will get there! Good luck!!!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Hooray for boobies!

Can't you just take it to a Tailor for alterations?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    I call troll!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    If it were me, I would work my ars off and eat healthy! I'd try it on a month before your wedding and go from there. If you need to take it out a little, not the end of the world but I wouldn't do anything with the dress until closer to your wedding date. Dont stress, if that's the worse thing that happens with planning your wedding, your doing pretty good ;) You got this, Now get to the gym ;)
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    As a recent bride myself (married in June), and also a person that experienced the same thing as you are now but with more time to spare. My dress wouldn't zip but this was in November 2013 and our wedding wasn't until June 2014. I would recommend you get it altered. Yes it is possible to lose some weight and inches in a month, but for the sake of time and being comfortable I would consult the seamstress you might even need less inches than you think (wedding dresses can fit very strangely). It can be very stressing I totally understand. I was in nervous breakdown mode 7 months out when mine wouldn't fit, I can only imagine what you are going through. Take a couple deep breaths and relax, then eat healthy and start exercising and you will be fine! Good Luck!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    If it were me, I would work my ars off and eat healthy! I'd try it on a month before your wedding and go from there. If you need to take it out a little, not the end of the world but I wouldn't do anything with the dress until closer to your wedding date. Dont stress, if that's the worse thing that happens with planning your wedding, your doing pretty good ;) You got this, Now get to the gym ;)

Ahhh! NEver mind, I'm sorry I thought you said you were getting married in 3 months :) I'd get the dress altered, drink lots of water and still eat healthy. No biggie, enjoy your big day!!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Your body is going to lose fat wherever it chooses. There's nothing you can do to make it let go of boob fat. (If the dress is too small at the bust, that could also be back fat, btw).

Luckily, the first place you put fat on is also likely the first place you lose it...
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Did you try it on with the undergarments that you plan on wearring on your big day? The type of bra/corset/shapewear can make quite a difference on how your gown will fit. And there's nothing wrong with getting your dress altered. You've got enough pre-wedding stress to deal with, so focus on eating well and getting water. Let the magic of a seamstress take care of the dress for you.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Getting ready for a wedding is stressful enough without adding a crash diet to it. I would suggest you get the dress altered asap. At the very least call the seamstress to find out how quickly the dress can be altered. If you wait until the last minute you're going to be *kitten* out of luck. Why do that to yourself? Just accept where you are right now and deal with your weight gain after the wedding/honeymoon.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I would be on a 30 day liquid frenzy! Good Luck!