Eating 4100 calories a day

Options
123457»

Replies

• VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat 2500-3500 a day and it's soooo much! I'm always eating!I have eaten over 4000 in one day to and I was stuffed! But if I eat any less then 2700ish I loose!

I'm also vegan so that could make it harder...
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Even on creatine, 350g of protein is hella excessive.

What does creatine have to do with whether protein intake is excessive? In fact, the more protein you are taking in the less you would need to supplement creatine (assuming most of your protein intake is from meats).

Is 350g excessive? Possibly, but since many seem to recommend 1-2g of protein per lean lb of bodyweight it's possible somone could be 200lb (175lb lean) and trying to do a cut, which would require higher protein amounts. In that situation the protein intake wouldn't be too excessive, as so long as you are drinking plenty of water to protect your liver.
    I was talking about beta alanine, cell tech, creatine etc.

pls

I still don't see how that is relevant. Whether it's Cell Tech, or any direct amino acid suppliments, what effect is it going to have on his general protein consumption?
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Zayummmmm.

Check out Frank Yang's bulking videos. He's odd, but hilarious. He has one on an 8,000+ diet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byfc6SBqM-w

"You gotta create your own desire. For instance, I imagine all the sausages have desires in them. Like they are horny to be eaten."

:laugh:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Zayummmmm.

Check out Frank Yang's bulking videos. He's odd, but hilarious. He has one on an 8,000+ diet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byfc6SBqM-w

"You gotta create your own desire. For instance, I imagine all the sausages have desires in them. Like they are horny to be eaten."

:laugh:
    HA this is awesome!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Even on creatine, 350g of protein is hella excessive.

What does creatine have to do with whether protein intake is excessive? In fact, the more protein you are taking in the less you would need to supplement creatine (assuming most of your protein intake is from meats).

Is 350g excessive? Possibly, but since many seem to recommend 1-2g of protein per lean lb of bodyweight it's possible somone could be 200lb (175lb lean) and trying to do a cut, which would require higher protein amounts. In that situation the protein intake wouldn't be too excessive, as so long as you are drinking plenty of water to protect your liver.

injectable creatine
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    Will attempt this bulk soon as it cools off outside, 4100, let the expansion begin. Stretch marks here I come.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A woman here with a similar issue. At the beginning of this year I stopped cutting and started my journey into powerlifting with the goal to perhaps compete sometime next year. I needed to build up my strength and muscle mass and knew I used to maintain at about 2000. Well, that didn't work, so I upped to 2500, still losing etc... So these days I need 3000-3500 and even more on max lift days, and this is just to maintain, bulking is even harder. Now, try to do this when you are severely lactose intolerant bordering on a milk allergy. No milk, cheese, ice cream, whey....you get the picture. Meeting protein goals is a challenge in itself let alone calories. Like others have said, sure you can eat 4000 calories a day, for a few days that is, but daily is another thing all together. I became so sick and tired of tracking all of this that I switched to intuitive eating. Outside of protein, I track nothing, I eat when I'm hungry (which is quite often) but I no longer force myself to eat when I'm not. I try to track every once in a while just to see where I'm at and , remarkable, I usually fall between 3-4000 when I do check. This can take a little time to get used to, but it is working (FOR ME, your mileage may vary).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Might I just say its very cool you high caloriers have your diaries open. Fun to look at!
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Is like death- I am so full!

I take it you are trying to gain weight and you are pretty active. 4100 calories is pretty much what I have to consume to support my cycling/running/lifting habits! It is tough! It isn't fun training when you feel like you have eaten a thanksgiving day dinner!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Is like death- I am so full!

I take it you are trying to gain weight and you are pretty active. 4100 calories is pretty much what I have to consume to support my cycling/running/lifting habits! It is tough! It isn't fun training when you feel like you have eaten a thanksgiving day dinner!
    Try 6000-6500.

Have to eat the bulk of my calories after work, else I'll puke haha.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I bumped up to 6750 Calories every day. Makes the old 4500 seem like a walk in the park.

450g protein....not so fun
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I bumped up to 6750 Calories every day. Makes the old 4500 seem like a walk in the park.

LOL 6750 calories and 450g protein? Find that hard to believe, why is nothing tracked?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

LOL 6750 calories and 450g protein? Find that hard to believe, why is nothing tracked?

Not any more hard to believe than you eating a stick of fat free cream cheese yesterday...

...which is to say, both are actually believable to me...

...but I'm a relatively inactive old guy who maintains at around 3000, so these numbers don't sound implausible to me anyhow.
  • trojan_bb
    Options

it's tracked starting today. Just got back from a 2 week vacation.

Besides, after 6 years of logging my calories...I'm somewhat capable of tracking macros without logging in MFP every day. I follow an exact meal plan, no need to log really.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

450g of protein a day sounds good to me :).

Was going to comment that I haven't seen any studies that show you would need that much - but they of course aren't accounting for any differences in hormone levels outside the norm, which I suspect may be the case here from reading your profile.
  • trojan_bb
    Options

450g of protein a day sounds good to me :).

Was going to comment that I haven't seen any studies that show you would need that much - but they of course aren't accounting for any differences in hormone levels outside the norm, which I suspect may be the case here from reading your profile.

True. And then you have to look at the alternative....those extra cals would have to come from fats or carbs. I'm trying to keep fats low for various reasons...so they'd need to be coming from carbs. 1000g of carbs every day would negatively affect insulin sensitivity to a pretty large degree. Better I think to go with say 700g carbs and 450g protein. Even if there is no extra anabolic effect from 450g protein vs 200g protein.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Gahhhh I feel you... and I'm female. I usually get to 3000k a day of "healthy people food" before I start in on my dietary suplement... full pints of Ben & Jerrys.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun to me!