is it ok to be a chubby chaser?

Options

Replies

• enedinaalba
    Options
    He told me the same thing didnt want me to lose weight actually got mad a little... but I told him it is because im not haopy with myself and he told me to just lose till I got curvy cus he doesnt want me skinney fit... and im totaly ok with that it actually makes me feel good in a way that he is happy with what I look like now..
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • enedinaalba
    Options
    Im 251 and he told me just lose weight to 200 and im ok with it .. yeah I want to go to 170 but never know I might just stay at 200 for him
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope so! The day that becomes wrong is the day that my entire FL will delete me!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Neither you or your husband are going to instantly lose weight. It will happen over time, and there will be no shocking moment of change. You are not going to go straight from your husband as he is now to the skinny guy in the picture. Relax.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Im 251 and he told me just lose weight to 200 and im ok with it .. yeah I want to go to 170 but never know I might just stay at 200 for him

Yep, sounds totally healthy.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If my husband told me I could only do cardio but not lift weights or vice versa because he wants me to have a certain type of physique... he would no longer be my husband.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It seems like both of you are enabling each other to be heavy. Aesthetic preferences aside, you should want each other to be healthy.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Is this real life?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't do cardiovascular workouts and just weight lifts he would actually get bigger. No such thing as turning fat into muscle that's why men who are looking to get fit, cut then bulk for their muscle. All it would do is cause muscle to build under the fat, it would do him no good not to run, walk or even diet. I think if he is your husband you should be past the physical phase and focus more on him as a person and his health. Looks don't last and even before they go, it still isn't enough to sustain a happy relationship. I think if he really wants this, what you want as it doesn't sound like it's about him at all but about you only, that should be put on the back burner and support him as much as you want the support for your journey.

Um no. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. It doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do, or if you do any exercise at all.
  • enedinaalba
    Options
    Lol yes real life... me and my husband are like that we go to each other for not really permission but of opinion on somthing we want to do... like he will tell me when his work buddys are going to have a men only night of bbq and drinking he askes if its alright sometimes I say yes sometimes I say no.... but I tell him my opinion and sometimes he goes when I say no but I dont get mad.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Lol yes real life... me and my husband are like that we go to each other for not really permission but of opinion on somthing we want to do... like he will tell me when his work buddys are going to have a men only night of bbq and drinking he askes if its alright sometimes I say yes sometimes I say no.... but I tell him my opinion and sometimes he goes when I say no but I dont get mad.....
    Having a discussion about whether one of you can be out of the house on a particular night is not the same as, "I don't care how you feel physically and emotionally because I can't get my rocks off unless you look a certain way."
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Having a discussion about whether one of you can be out of the house on a particular night is not the same as, "I don't care how you feel physically and emotionally because I can't get my rocks off unless you look a certain way."

I have to congratulate you know even understanding what that said, cause I read it 3 times and hadn't a clue.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Maybe you should encourage BBQ and beer nights more frequently, if you want him to remain heavy.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    What if he didn't want you if you gained 30 lbs? Or lost 30 lbs? Or were injured in an accident?

Sounds to me like you really don't love him...you just like his current body. Not a good place to build, or have, a relationship!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Yes, this. I don't know how you can compare something as minor as boys night to something as important as personal health and well being.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I can't make heads or tails of these posts. Now, where is that decoder ring? I know I left it around here somewhere. *rustle rustle*
  • APLAWING
    APLAWING Posts: 36
    Options
    Im on here cus I want to lose weight and get skinnier. My husband wants to too but I dont want him to... I have seen pics of when he was skinney and not attractive to me... I told him I didnt want him to lose weight but iF he truely wanted it then to just lift weights and replace the fat with muscle and not run or ride bikes cus that will just get him thin.... I have always been attracted to heavy set men no really mucle wise ... but that lumber jack look ... but i would take him all ripped out then thin ....Is it wrong of me to in a way refuse him to get a lean body?!

It's wrong, but I'm right there with you. I don't find "skinny" men attractive either. My husband has a tummy & big, broad shoulders. He carries his weight really well. He's built like a football player:D. When he hugs me I feel safe and protected. I don't want to be bigger than my man lol. I wouldn't give him a hard time about it though because it wouldn't be fair if he gave you a hard time about wanting to get fit. Chances are you probably won't even notice it all that much since you see one another everyday. You'll gradually get used to it, I would assume.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    this is f*cking hilarious.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I can't make heads or tails of these posts. Now, where is that decoder ring? I know I left it around here somewhere. *rustle rustle*

If you find it, will you please loan it to me? I thought we are talking about chubby chasers but now it appears we're talking about pulled pork.