time of the month...ladies what exercises should i do?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hip abductor/adductor machine is the way to go.

I don't know what I want to do more. :laugh: or :sick:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    You can do the same stuff, swimming, biking, zumba, etc but just add more stretching,
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Its not I don't. I just don't want to get off track. If I don't workout for 5 days straight most likely what I fear is that I will end up stopping. And I use to stop and take months to get back working out and eat right and I seriously don't want that again since I'm doing well. Buy I don't want to spring a leak I just want to do something safe and light so I don't to see my TOM as an excuse.

If your biggest fear is "springing a leak" then why not workout at home? Do an exercise video?
    Walking isn't likely to make you spring a leak.
    Really concerned? Double up, wear a tampon and a light day/pad. You'll be okay.
    I ran last week on mine, did like 2k, no leaks were sprung.
  • nikivona130
    Options
    I cannot stick to my normal routine my first few days, but I LOVE yoga. The "Yoga with Adriene" YouTube channel is one of my favorites in general, and she has some wonderful videos for those special days.

Yoga for Cramps - http://youtu.be/iglbdN1tmF0

Yoga for Depression - http://youtu.be/7z6nRakUcWs

Yoga for Acid Reflux - http://youtu.be/DQew7AiwPWw

Yoga for Lower Back Pain - http://youtu.be/XeXz8fIZDCE

Enjoy!
  • solaceowl
    solaceowl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'll my best and I hate it makes me feel sick and weak. Yet I will put my all into to help relieve myself.
  • solaceowl
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sure it will help me.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    None. You're bleeding and need lots of rest to heal. :flowerforyou:

Bull****. I don't change my exercise regime at all when I'm surfing the crimson wave. rowing, running, cycling... it's all good. Keeps your mood in check by pumping yourself full of happy hormones. Exercise during your period is perfectly safe (though I believe you are supposed to avoid inversions if you do yoga) and will make you feel much better.

Ps. If you have a heavy flow and/or you feel low in energy, consider eating things high in iron (spinach, red meat etc.)
  • GreenMantle
    GreenMantle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever, I exercised through it (this last time, earlier in the month). Granted, I use a recumbent stationary bike so its not like there's a lot of up and down movement, but beforehand I drank a lot of one of my favorite "time of the month teas" and it really seemed to help with bloating and general discomfort. Also, ibuprofen- I don't usually take NSAIDS for cramps, but if you're exercising through them then you deserve it :)
  • solaceowl
    Options
    I do workout at home...i rarely go to the gym only if my sisters force me, but they know I won't go during TOM. I am a big person and I do use pads, but accidents do happen when you least expect it.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I never workout when the river flows...but I want to stay on track. What exercises can I perform and help me through fatigue, headaches and relieves cramps? Also what foods should I avoid to keep from bloating or what foods help when I'm all bloated up? And what should be my calorie intake?

Anything or nothing. You know yourself and your body best. Nobody can tell you what to do based on their experiences. Some women cramp up like a pretzel and bleed like mad for a week... others have the odd twinge and go no more than 3 days.... you can't compare and nobody can tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing. If you need to take a break and curl up on the couch or in a hot bath you do it and do it without guilt. If you can manage something light... go for a walk, do some yoga....

But don't feel like you should be pounding the streets doing a 5K run if you're doubled over in pain and feeling like c*ap

You do what works for you :smile:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    weighted kegels
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, just stay out of the ocean. They don't call it shark week for nothing!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    ok... I couldn't resist.

do exactly the same as you do any other time.

In fact... I tend to run faster and have better results when that happens. I have no idea why.
    If you're worried about flow...

Pack some super plus dynamite right before the workout and wear backup. Unless you have serious flow issues, there's not much reason why you should experience a barrier breech.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've found running 5+ miles cuts down on cramping and shortens the amount of time it takes. I tend to eat lots of red meat, salt and chocolate. I'm bloated anyway so as long as I'm in my calorie goal, a little extra water weight isn't going to hurt anything.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just eat more chocolate, that's what I do.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've found running 5+ miles cuts down on cramping and shortens the amount of time it takes. I tend to eat lots of red meat, salt and chocolate. I'm bloated anyway so as long as I'm in my calorie goal, a little extra water weight isn't going to hurt anything.

In for meat and chocolate
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Just eat more chocolate, that's what I do.

I lick the salt off mcdonald's french fries.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    In for excuses
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Hip abductor/adductor machine is the way to go.

Good girl. Bad girl. Good girl. Bad girl. Good girl. Bad girl.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nothing that makes me bounce around!! Otherwise I am at the gym, pushing the sled, doing squats, lifting, etc.

your gym has a sled?!? i'm jealous i gotta ghetto macguyver one at mine by putting weight plates on the floor and bending over into mountain climb.

and to answer the question, i've never seen a reason to change my exercises or not exercise. but i've also never had cramps or crazy elevator with free-flowing blood scene from the shining either