Carbs Out = Lot Calories Left

Options
2»

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk has lots of added sugar and is not healthy. I suggest you drink grass fed, whole milk instead. And, have bacon and eggs for breakfast, not carb rich cereal. If you eat the right foods, you don't need to count calories because you'll eat the right amount automatically.

Nonsense - I could hit my calorie goal by breakfast if all I ate was as much bacon and eggs as made me feel happy and content :noway:

mmmm bacon
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk has lots of added sugar and is not healthy. I suggest you drink grass fed, whole milk instead. And, have bacon and eggs for breakfast, not carb rich cereal. If you eat the right foods, you don't need to count calories because you'll eat the right amount automatically.

See Bolded. It is OK if YOU choose to drink grass fed whole milk, that is your choice, but DO NOT go around saying it is more healthy. There is no scientific evidence showing the grass fed or organic is healthier than regular milk.

Listen to the Rock!!!
    [img]http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag128/ksy1969/Pics for Forums/ROCK_ItdoestntMatter_zps7ef1ca1d.jpg[/img]

OP, looks to me like you need to be eating more of what you are already eating. Those meals seem awful tiny to me.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You should up your fat and protein intake if you're going to cut your carb intake.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    When you cut carbs, you need to supplement that energy source with fats. So cook your eggs in bacon grease or butter. Add heavy cream to meals or your coffee. Have 1 ounce of almonds with your breakfast or as a snack. Fats are calorie-dense and yummy!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi! There are diets low carbs or no carbs at all. I am not following any diet, but I decided to take the carbs out from my diet for a while in order to loose weight. The problem is I am not making my calories daily goal, specially if I sport.

Question: What do you suggest me to eat?

Today, for example:
    * Breakfast: Skimmed milk with All-Bran Fibres Flakes (aprox. 250 cal)
    * Lunch: 60 gr of Grilled Fish (oven) with olive oil and salad (aprox. 150 cal)
    * Afternoon snack: Protein bar ( 90 calories) and one 0% fat yoghurt (60 cal.)
    * Dinner: 45 gr of Tuna (can) and vegetables stir-fry (both aprox. 210 cal)
    * Extras: 3 Walnuts and a thin slice of pizza (29gr)
    The extras already happen because I only had approximately 760 calories, what is still few even on a 1200 calories diet. Plus I spent 300 calories in exercise. My day calories was 813.

Before I was eating few and when I had more, I would gain weight. Since I doing the healthy diet of 1200 calories, I have been loosing weight but still very very slow.

Please, give me some suggestions.

You only have 2 options left more protein or more fat

Use 2% milk & eat 2% yogurt, use full fat salad dressing. Add nuts to breakfast

Meat toppings on your pizza, tuna in oil, eggs

I don't do low carb, because I won't maintain my weight doing low carb forever. Unless low carb is going to be a lifestyle change for you....you might want to learn how to manage things now.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Stop treating carbs like they are the devil and just eat them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why on earth did you have 29 grams of pizza?

Just eat more food - it's not rocket science - eat a bigger portion of fish and tuna, 6 walnuts instead of 3 - hell have 12.

You're eating tiny portions of food - of course you can't hit your calorie goal :noway:

Seriously 16g of cherry tomato - what is that, one tomato?

agreed. to much over thinking.

If you are dropping something out or cutting it back- then you have to supliment somewhere else.

I personally prefer kind of low carb- mostly because carbs are calorie heavy- I like carbs- they aren't bad- but I just like eating MORE stuff.... which I can do when I'm doing between 100-200 grams of carbs a day.

but really- just eat more of the stuff you like- don't over think it.
    I mostly eat- eggs, veggies, chicken and more veggies- followed up with ice cream at night. :D
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    More of what you have been eating would be my advice. And a little red meat will go a long way. You could add a small burger or a strip of steak. And I have been eating small amounts of ice cream at bedtime. But then I am doing maintenance now.

Judging by your photo you are not too heavy. Maybe adjusting the amount you are trying to lose per week would help you. I think 1200 calories is too few for most everyone, unless you are very short.

Good luck,

Larro
  • MariadfdCruz
    MariadfdCruz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :heart:
    Now 2 quick answers:
    PIZZA - family decided for pizza today and because I had a lot of calories to use, I just tried a little. Though, I am not a fan of pizza lol
    TOMATO - usually I have a lot, like paprika and cucumber. Though, my husband is also on diet and when I was to have lunch these things were out. I did shopping after and I bought more.
    I am just trying to eat few carbs now and i messed up all of it and my calories were low. I am not hungry, so it stays this way today.

I am going to have a nice steak tomorrow, as suggested :flowerforyou:
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the debil. You need them for fuel.

Nope. You don't.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    60gr fish? Barely two ounces! Eat more!

I eat 1300 calories per day and my meat portions run 6-8oz pre-cooked weight, or in the case of tuna, 2 - 2.6oz pouches for 5.2oz. If I make eggs a meal, it's 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites with cheese and veggies in it. I'll also eat hard-boiled eggs, babybel cheese, 2% fat greek yogurt(6oz at a time), 150gr+ salad greens, 200gr berries, etc...

The simple answer is eat more fat and protein in more reasonable portions.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Skim milk does NOT have added sugar, or added water, or any of that BS. It is literally milk where the fat(cream) has been SKIMMED off. Hence, skimmed milk.