time of the month...ladies what exercises should i do?

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I do what I normally do. Actually, I do it better because I am pissed off and probably just ate something covered in chocolate.

LOL, I'm always pissed off, so I unfortunately get no added benefit. I still do my usual though, heavy weights and long runs.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I do the same workouts, whether it's my time of month or not. If you're feeling really uncomfortable, go a little lighter and have a walk. There's no reason to change a workout or not get one in.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, walking, stretching or light yoga.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just eat more chocolate, that's what I do.

I lick the salt off mcdonald's french fries.

I dip Mcdonald's fries in chocolate shakes because I also like to live dangerously.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just eat more chocolate, that's what I do.

I lick the salt off mcdonald's french fries.

I dip Mcdonald's fries in chocolate shakes because I also like to live dangerously.
    Double Swoon
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Hip abductor/adductor machine is the way to go.

Good girl. Bad girl. Good girl. Bad girl. Good girl. Bad girl.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't change anything at all when it comes to exercise. I do my normal routine. I DO, drink more water and take midol. Exercising seems to help with the cramps.
  • Fbarton3
    Fbarton3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree the harder you push yourself, the more it helps you feel better. intense training = natural cramp relief :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i walk, kb, gym, whatever i normally do.. , if i start cramping more i may slow down, but never quit. my first three days are the worst but i push through them. excuses or results i tell myself.. like other posters exercise makes me feel better.
  • Fbarton3
    Fbarton3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha oh my just made my day
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Why would you do anything different? I have terrible periods and I'm not gonna let them ruin my progress. I just look like a serious biotch at the gym that week.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I typically find the best exercise for TOM is swimming. The weightlessness eases cramping pains.
    Also, if you use public pools, the chlorine helps prevent UTIs. It's like swimming in a bottle of hand sanitizer. AWESOME!
    That's two rivers plugged with one cork!!!!
    Some get concerned about coloring in the water, however if you are moving it easily diffuses into the large volume of water, so it's no problem at all. Girl Scout's honor!

As for food, oreos and chocolate are my go to. They make everything better. Bloating is from salt, so just avoid salty food. I suggest eating your regular foods like steak and french fries, but don't add any salt. Pepper is still fine though!!!

Hope I helped!!!

Kisses! <3
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I do not go surfing with my pet sea turtle. Otherwise, I do what I normally do. I hit a squat PR during TOM. On my heavy day.
  • dmlove128
    dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I still do my Insanity workouts when its that time. it doesnt keep me from getting an awesome work out. then again- everyone is different, it relieves cramping for me and my mood is ten times better! :o)
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Exercising during that time of the month for me is just not going to happen. The few times I've tried I ended up curled up and crying or at the doctors office because I thought my uterus was going to fall out (no joke). I usually stick to stretching and maybe some light yoga. It helps with the cramps too, especially when paired with a ton of ibuprofen lol.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if you have bad cramps walking gently can help, but i wouldn't do any heavy exercises or walk really hard or fast. asparagus will help with bloating, as it acts as a diuretic.
  • Missfit35
    Options
    I say stick to your everyday routine. Everyone is different.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Exercising during that time of the month for me is just not going to happen. The few times I've tried I ended up curled up and crying or at the doctors office because I thought my uterus was going to fall out (no joke). I usually stick to stretching and maybe some light yoga. It helps with the cramps too, especially when paired with a ton of ibuprofen lol.

you are exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. People tend to group women together as one entity and people think women should 'stick together' ....but they don't. They say ' do it my way or *kitten* off' .

This thread is full of ' ...well on my period ....I DO THIS' ...... There's no recognition or even AWARENESS that there might be something different out there

I find it absolutely f*cking hysterical ... and kinda sad

I'm a midwife (for the Americans that means Obstetric/Gynaecology nurse)... as I was saying, comparing one woman's menstrual period with another's is like comparing summer with winter...

Absolutely futile

My advice is... don't ask for advice.... not here

Listen to your body

If you need to rest, rest

if you need medical advice or you're worried, speak to your doctor or nurse... don''t come here

Remember... you're a woman... you're amazing...

Take your time... believe in yourself and the future....

And live it

In your time....

According to your own rhythms

There's a time for everything

And everything has it's time

Don't be bullied... don't be tidal waved....

Take your time

Be healthy. Be good. Be kind. Honor yourself.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

you are exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. People tend to group women together as one entity and people think women should 'stick together' ....but they don't. They say ' do it my way or *kitten* off' .

This thread is full of ' ...well on my period ....I DO THIS' ...... There's no recognition or even AWARENESS that there might be something different out there

I find it absolutely f*cking hysterical ... and kinda sad

I'm a midwife (for the Americans that means Obstetric/Gynaecology nurse)... as I was saying, comparing one woman's menstrual period with another's is like comparing summer with winter...

Absolutely futile

My advice is... don't ask for advice.... not here

Listen to your body

If you need to rest, rest

if you need medical advice or you're worried, speak to your doctor or nurse... don''t come here

Remember... you're a woman... you're amazing...

Take your time... believe in yourself and the future....

And live it

In your time....

According to your own rhythms

There's a time for everything

And everything has it's time

Don't be bullied... don't be tidal waved....

Take your time

Be healthy. Be good. Be kind. Honor yourself.

She said "tidal wave"
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I workout extra because of the added water weight during TOM. Treadmill,pilates and squats with weights.