time of the month...ladies what exercises should i do?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I HATE PERIODS. Can't swim.

October through June, I walk. Summer doesn't allow much walking - if I can get a short one in, I do. Otherwise, I just skip it and wait for the ridiculousness to end.

They wouldn't put chlorine in the water if they didn't want people to swim on their periods.
    Gah!
    You've got to be kidding. No. Don't swim on your period.

To answer OP's question, personally I don't like to eat much on those first days, so that it's not a problem if I also rest instead of exercise. A short walk, or easy bike ride would be my choice.
  • JoJoVan96
    JoJoVan96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I never workout when the river flows...but I want to stay on track. What exercises can I perform

Fly fishing.

river-runs-through-it-660.jpg

This is the best response ever.
  • solaceowl
    solaceowl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    See that main guy thinks I'm mad or upset. I'm just really laughing especially people who are telling me that he's being reported. So he can keep stalking or trolling as much as he wants. He doesn't exist as much as he thinks he does. Oh well guess he's bored just like me.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

October through June, I walk. Summer doesn't allow much walking - if I can get a short one in, I do. Otherwise, I just skip it and wait for the ridiculousness to end.

They wouldn't put chlorine in the water if they didn't want people to swim on their periods.
    Gah!

To answer OP's question, personally I don't like to eat much on those first days, so that it's not a problem if I also rest instead of exercise. A short walk, or easy bike ride would be my choice.

Seriously? Don't swim on your period? What possible reason could there be for that? Are we not supposed to submerge in water or something? This isn't the 1950s.

I have anemia. I still work out hard when I'm on my period. Do I get cramps? Yes. Does it hurt? Sure. Am I going to stop living my life? That's silly.

I refuse to let a cramps and leg pain keep me from doing things. I used to be one of those who sat around and complained. One day, I stopped complaining and just got up and did it anyway. I felt better when I did. It's not like I'm going to die or bleed to death if I go for a run or lift weights.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Actually I never rejected anyone's advice as you can see me posting throughout the forum. And as I recalled other people before him mentioned about using iron pills. Just because he gave advice others have already given me doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention. It was just no need for what the extra crap he was posting towards others...thats what I was pointing out. Not only that I recall asking women...not him. The only thing I was specifically looking for was exercises and that's it.

There is a search feature here. Had you used it, you would have both saved yourself some grief and found that this topic has been addressed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Why change anything? I have found that the more I exercise the week before, the less painful the actual event is. I am ridiculously regular, so it's easy for me to know what the week before is. I try to work out a little more, watch my salt and drink TONS of water. And whoever said don't swim--that's just silly. Swimming feels great during that time--water buoys you up, stretches your whole torso/core, relaxing yet strenuous. That's the thing I like the best that week.
  • solaceowl
    Options
    I did researched couldn't find direct answers I needed. But if I had I would have never posted this question in the first place.i already got my answers I needed so I'm done at this point looking for more answer etc.
  • MinMin97
    Options

Gah!

Seriously? Don't swim on your period? What possible reason could there be for that? Are we not supposed to submerge in water or something? This isn't the 1950s.

I have anemia. I still work out hard when I'm on my period. Do I get cramps? Yes. Does it hurt? Sure. Am I going to stop living my life? That's silly.

I refuse to let a cramps and leg pain keep me from doing things. I used to be one of those who sat around and complained. One day, I stopped complaining and just got up and did it anyway. I felt better when I did. It's not like I'm going to die or bleed to death if I go for a run or lift weights.
    Yes, exercise if you feel like it..no problem there. But going in a pool on your period is gross IMO!!! This reminds me again of reasons why I don't swim in public pools..all the stuff suspended in the water :tongue: icky.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I did researched couldn't find direct answers I needed. But if I had I would have never posted this question in the first place.i already got my answers I needed so I'm done at this point looking for more answer etc.
    You can totally post questions already addressed in the forums. That is SPECIFICALLY mentioned and allowed in the forum rules...you don't need any permission from grumpy users to post questions!!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You can totally post questions already addressed in the forums. That is SPECIFICALLY mentioned and allowed in the forum rules...you don't need any permission from grumpy users to post questions!!!

True. And reasonable disagreement and humor is also allowed. And, you can't exclude groups from posting in your thread. Personal attacks in the threads, such as calling people "jerks," however, isn't allowed.
  • MinMin97
    Options

True. And reasonable disagreement and humor is also allowed. And, you can't exclude groups from posting in your thread. Personal attacks in the threads, such as calling people "jerks," however, isn't allowed.
    Totally agree!! **Sings the Happy song**
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Well, there you go. Rules. Now, I wonder who broke them.
  • MinMin97
    Options

You did silly. Okay, let's talk about menstruation. You start.:bigsmile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

You did silly. Okay, let's talk about menstruation. You start.:bigsmile:

Oh, did you questions about your body? :flowerforyou:
  • solaceowl
    Options
    Well if no one likes what I post or say. Then you have the right to report me *shrugs*. If that person feels they want to post and troll others well some are not going to overlook it. So either way it'll bound to be in a thread whether you like it or not. But I decided to just click the "ignore" button and leave it at that.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ^^^No I totally did answer your question....did you read it?
    Actually I think it's okay to make those first days rest days. You can just log your food and not eat more on those days, (which is easy for me b/c I don't like to eat a lot on those days).
  • MinMin97
    Options

You're so nice...love a male perspective!!
  • solaceowl
    Options
    Of course I read your answer and its one of the answers I'm following. I never rejected what you told me. I'm putting your advice to good use.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

You're so nice...love a male perspective!!

Oh, bless your heart
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Of course I read your answer and its one of the answers I'm following. I never rejected what you told me. I'm putting your advice to good use.
    That's cool!! I'm glad.:happy: